Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/12/2022 20:33:31
Coos Bay Cougars
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Central Town Chihuahuas
Disclosure this was just a crazy idea, and is totally a nightmare to implement, but I was thinking what three skills would you give coaches if coaches had skills?

(I'm saying Training/Contracts/Timeout-Boost, this is assuming we could set rotational minutes.)

Training is obvious, contract would reduce the inflation of salaries by a percentage during offseason, and timeout-boost would give your players maybe like a 0.2-1.0 rating boost after timeouts.

Coaches could be trained like players (skill pops are yearly though).

Broad strokes people but say they start at 35 yr old but start regressing at 60. # of All-stars/MVP players would raise training skills. Winning percentage would affect contracts skill. Lastly, timeout-boost would be effected by wins against higher attitude or losses against lower attitude.

That way most people would want one type of coaches for rebuilds and another for rising up the leagues.

**Please don't rag on buzzerbeater it takes the fun out of these posts, this is just spit-balling cool crazy ideas.

Anyone have any skills or ways skills could be increased decreased for coaches they would like to add?

The doctor is in...
This Post:
316044.2 in reply to 316044.1
Date: 08/13/2022 03:29:36
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey, "crazy" or not, sometimes it might lead to something, even if not what originally thought.

For example, there could be a new staff such as an "assistant coach" (please, not with the current system wages though, they're turning out to be as expensive or more than players).

Assistant Coaches could "specialize" in either offense, defense (with prefered systems or if you'd like, a bonus one and a penalized one), coaching a specific position (and giving a small bonus to it either in training or game) or something like that (feel free to suggest crazy ones ).

Contract shouldn't be a skill of a coach, IMO. The system, if there's a better one, could maybe be adjusted (hopefully).

I'd say coaches could get better with experience, not training (right now, there's no one to train them in-game?). So, I guess there could be "layers" of "skill", much like players? The better the skill, the better the effectiveness?

As for further "other" possible skills for coaches... hmmm... maybe "tactics", which would mean that the team would adjust quicker to the other teams systems. Also "Motivation", a small boost to players efforts for a few minutes? "Management" as an improvement in managing players minutes better according to exhaustion, needed minutes for training and game shape (a guy can dream right? )

There, 3 more crazy skills and a whole different crazy suggestion. We might as well throw it out there, maybe something cool can come from it

This Post:
316044.3 in reply to 316044.1
Date: 08/13/2022 08:43:17
BC "EDI"
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Actually a great training facility
I would love something simpler. Like 2k myteam: offence, defence and overall (could be changed with training)

Would give a lot of depth to the strategy of the game. Pretty much I want any change to current staff