BuzzerBeater Forums

BB New Zealand > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
317826.2 in reply to 317826.1
Date: 02/07/2023 16:34:00
Pull the Bully
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Kia Ora,

Once again I'm putting my hand up for the NZ U21 NT. I believe it is time for a change and a fresh face for the youngsters of Aotearoa. We have only 12 managers active. I understand that it can be easy to vote for the current manager but we need results for this country. 12 wins and 42 losses over a period of many seasons. It can't hurt to have a fresh face & way to look into the system we are running. I have gradually been improving my world rank and team and home grown talent for many seasons.

Homegrown talent is important for the future and sustainability of NZ.

I will collaboratively work alongside current 13 active NZ Managers to build that positive rapport. Not only helping our NZ players in BB, but also your ability to improve your team and manager ability if possible. Our manager should be homegrown. How else will our small base of managers improve and showcase our skills within the BB game!

I'm looking forward to the job and your vote ahead.

Humbuk

Last edited by Humbuk at 02/08/2023 14:32:16

This Post:
317826.3 in reply to 317826.2
Date: 02/08/2023 06:42:34
Faberge Egg
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Imperial Egg
Hello All,

I've expressed my interest in becoming the New Zealand U21 Manager.

A little about me, I'm a Statistician by profession (Sports Betting Company) and I've played this game for 20+ seasons.

For the first few, I gathered data - only from my own team and spent a little too much time doing correlations analysis on why I won, when i won and some theories around these results for everything from Arena builds to player builds and training plans.

When i looked at the actual games I didn't look at team ratings, in fact i ignored them, just statistics from the overall game, players and positions of those players in the lineups.

Anyway, without being too long winded, I've developed two training plans (4 Seasons For U21 relevancy) that will take advantage of the results and give my team (our team) an advantage over standard builds of players you usually see in NT players. Given we only have 13 active managers, I think this critically important to competing.

I think these training plans should be undertaken with players from native New Zealand teams. Why? Because you'll all be involved in the team more and the plans will actually allow you to retain players for longer without them salary up and out of your team, for the same performance boost. For example, If a player with a standard build and TSP has a salary of $100K, i estimate that one training plan will deliver a salary of 65K and the other 75K for the same performance (Although in different areas) and team benefit.

Why not do this for your own country you say? Good question! I've tried many times, but the incumbent manager has been in the position for over 30 seasons and no one seems keen to vote someone else in.

Which is why I come to you. I want a chance to beat the Aussies and I think i can.

Its obviously a big undertaking, so i'd also like to engage some help. I notice the other person in the election is from New Zealand. If i win I would love for you and others to give me hand in everything from player scouting, opponent/tactics etc...

Anyway, what do you say? Do I have the job.