Unbalanced leagues lead to unfair promotion

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/12/2023 08:40:24
QQguest
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Similar to this thread (318706.1), the unbalanced situation occurs in every countries. Teams promoted from "fresh" team leagues are usually weaker than those promoted from the same division leagues. For me, facing teams promoted from the "fresh" team leagues can be quite boring because there is a significant gap in team strength.
Not sure whether this issue has been discussed in Suggestions forum before. Is it possible for the promotion and demotion system to pretend that "fresh" team leagues don't exist? This can solve the issue of unbalanced leagues.

Last edited by little Guest at 08/12/2023 08:42:29

This Post:
319749.2 in reply to 319749.1
Date: 02/06/2024 12:24:02
QQguest
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I have organized the data for the Taiwan "veteran" league and "fresh" league in S62, as shown in Table 1. https://i.imgur.com/TvvZD2W.png
From Table 1, it can be observed that among the teams promoted to division II, most of them with notably low salaries come from the "fresh" team league.
At the same time, I find that the key issue may be teams with notably low salaries and exempt from paying the minimum total salary promoting to higher division.

Some may argue that there are examples of this in Utopia, but nobody complains.

In response to this argument, I believe there are two important distinctions:
1. The experience of newly signed up teams is important, while in Utopia, managers are regarded as veterans and do not need to consider it.
2. Newly signed up teams in various countries are placed in divisions II to IV, while in Utopia, newcomers are in division IV.
Compared to Utopia, newly signed up teams in many countries are promoted to higher division.

In such circumstances,
for veterans in higher division, it's reasonable to believe that the greater the gap between them and newly signed up teams, the worse the experience and dissatisfaction will be.
For newly signed up teams with notably low salaries, when they are promoted shortly after signing up, they face stronger opponents in higher division.
This conflicts with the purpose of team consolidation: to make sure they don't get overwhelmed right off the bat.

If the key issue is that teams with notably low salaries and exempt from paying the minimum total salary are promoted to higher division, I have come up with some solutions.

I don't know the mechanism of newly signed up teams replacing computer teams, so I won't discuss it.
However, the principle is to prevent newly signed up teams from being promoted.

Plan A: No promotion. Teams will move to the "veteran" league when they are no longer "fresh".
It solves the issue entirely, but excellent managers can't promote, and there is a lack of consistency in the promotion mechanism.

Plan B: No promotion by record (in "fresh" league). (Only the champion promotes.)
It reduces the number of promoted teams in "fresh" league, partialy solving the issue, but leagues with very few managers remain unsolved.
The consistency of the promotion mechanism is medium.

Plan C: No promotion. The champion moves to the "veteran" league early, while other teams have to wait until they are no longer "fresh".
It almost solve the issue, but excellent managers may question why they can't promote, and there is a lack of consistency in the promotion mechanism.

Plan D: The "fresh" league drops down one division level, and the champion promotes early, while other teams have to wait until they are no longer "fresh".
It almost solve the issue, and the consistency of the promotion mechanism is medium.
The economy is worse, but all teams receive a promotion bonus when they are promoted.

Plan E: Add a time restriction, for example, teams can only be promoted after 14 weeks.
The issue is improved and leagues with very few managers can be solved through team consolidation, but excellent managers may question why they can't promote.
The consistency of the promotion mechanism is medium.

Plan F: Add a salary restriction, for example, teams can only be promoted if their salary meets a certain threshold after the season's salary update.
The extent of improvement is unknown, and there is a lack of consistency in the promotion mechanism, and only one time checkpoint.
To meet the restriction, teams may choose to sign a high-salary player as a workaround.

The details are summarized in Table 2. https://i.imgur.com/taXYgM6.png

From Table 2, it's evident that if we value properties 1, 4, and 5, Plan D would likely be the most suitable solution.

Further Idea: "Nation of fresh teams" country.
However, I guess there may be technical issues that cannot be resolved.

This Post:
319749.3 in reply to 319749.2
Date: 04/21/2024 10:47:52
QQguest
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
There is a new solution: (323509.2).

For properties 1,3,4, it is the same as Plan B.
For property 2, it is very low.
For property 5, it is high.

IMO, it is better than Plan D.