BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Decrease the number of "inactive" teams in the "fresh" team league

Decrease the number of "inactive" teams in the "fresh" team league

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/07/2024 07:50:10
QQguest
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
(I'm not sure whether someone has suggested this before.)

In general, it is believed that the death rate of newly signed up teams is higher than that of veterans.
Therefore, the number of "inactive" team in the "fresh" team league could be quite high.

The following are some extreme examples.
(Define an "inactive" team as one that hasn't logged in for at least 7 days.)
/league/85/overview.aspx 8 "inactive" teams
/league/83/overview.aspx 10 "inactive" teams
/league/82/overview.aspx 12 "inactive" teams
/league/81/overview.aspx 10 "inactive" teams
/league/79/overview.aspx 9 "inactive" teams
/league/76/overview.aspx 9 "inactive" teams

This is not a positive phenomenon.
Too many bot-like teams will make managers bored and reduce the level of competition.

To decrease the number of "inactive" teams in the "fresh" team league, one way is to shorten the time it takes to become a bot.
For example, in "fresh" team leagues, "inactive" teams only needs 1 week to become a bot, while in other leagues, it needs 6 weeks.
But this could lead to consistency issues.
I'm not sure whether it is ok or not.

If we don't have a better solution, I suggest adding a button to delete the account.
It could improve, but the effect is unknown.
BB can also ask for the reason for account deletion on that page.

This Post:
322623.2 in reply to 322623.1
Date: 03/08/2024 00:15:58
Coolsville Comets
III.16
Overall Posts Rated:
I think a “delete account” button with a one-week period between and ability to sign back on to cancel would be effective in those situations, but I think auto-delete after one week would be rough. There are times I don’t sign into a game for a week, and I would be furious if I had to start over as the result. Additionally, it would be very difficult to define what qualifies as “fresh” in some ways- and unfair to players in other leagues of the same division.

This Post:
322623.3 in reply to 322623.2
Date: 03/08/2024 06:57:29
QQguest
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you for your opinion.
Additionally, I would like to add that the definition of "fresh" team is derived from the news on Team consolidation:
We consider all teams 1 season or younger "fresh".