Show messages by
This Post:
323179.27 in reply to 323179.25
Date: 04/09/2024 20:01:47
San Dominica Warriors
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Charles:
I’m Charles Sanborn. Here with me are Hunt, the legend himself Bret Rodrigues, the original San Dominican, Stuart Wilson, and our own Samantha Walsh

Ok so, Warriors started off the season and 1st round of conference play undefeated, 7-0. Since then 0-2. Should we be concerned or is this just one of those things

Bret:
Nah, hmm not yet. The Warriors played two good teams. The Tards are probably favored to win the whole thing. The Super Sonics are no walkovers so no, just two losses that hey they happen.

Stuart:
Yeah I’m with Bret. The Warriors played two good teams, unfortunately came out with two losses. However there are concerns coming out of those two losses

Charles:
Yeah, I was wondering which of you were going to bring up the issues. So Sam speaking of issues what did you see is the main issue

Samantha:
One of the highlights the first seven games was the Warrior’s bench. Last two games the bench has been stagnant to say the least.

Hunt:
See I don’t think the bench is to blame. To be honest, those two were bad coaching and a starting five relying too much on a bench to bail them out.

Bret:
Now the good thing is there’s still time. We’re not at the doomsday hour yet. I think these are just two losses that occurred and the Warriors will turn things around by the time the 2nd round of conference play begins again.

Stuart:
You don’t have to go undefeated, you just have to do enough to make the playoffs and THEN go undefeated. I think tonight we start to see the Warriors make some adjustments.

Charles:
They only have three players but they have more wins than losses

Bret:
I think the Warriors get back on the winning track tonight

Hunt:
Not if they keep playing right into the other team’s strengths

Charles:
We’ll be right back

This Post:
323179.28 in reply to 323179.27
Date: 04/24/2024 11:02:06
Big Gulp Reincarnated
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The vilEliminators
Nothing wrong with losing to the Supersonics on the road

This Post:
323179.29 in reply to 323179.27
Date: 04/30/2024 20:01:23
San Dominica Warriors
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Charles:
I’m Charles Sanborn here at the studio with Hunt, the legendary Brett Rodrigues, & Double D. Samantha Walsh and Pete are currently @ The Track where the Warriors will take on the Pistons of Fort Wayne. All right, Warriors currently on a 5 game winning streak since losing two straight.

Brett:
Yeah, the Warriors started interconference play with losses to the Tards and the Supersonic. Two losses that you probably can’t really hold against the Warriors too much, both are tough teams. The Tards a favorite along with the Warriors to win the whole thing and the Supersonics are always tough at home. But since then five straight wins that have the Warriors now in double figures in the win column and hopefully to add one more before going into the home stretch.

Charles:
Last game against the Mindless Zombies was a bit of a scare. Both Etienne Blanchet and Big Turk went down in that game along with Dirk East. However neither of the three held long term injuries.

Hunt:
Look I just want to say the Mindless Zombies need to change their names to the Mindless Thugs. That was completely uncalled for Saturday night. There should have been more than just fouls. There should have been fines, suspensions …

DD:
I don’t think any of those injuries were intentional. It was just basketball. The Warriors were going to pound the ball inside because that was the weak spot. The Zombies were not going to let the Warriors just pound the ball inside and unfortunately you end up with what happened to Big Turk.

Brett:
I’m with DD. Granted as a Warrior fan three people went down that you don’t want going down at this point of the schedule. Especially given how the homestretch starts off. But fouls were called, fortunately there were no major injuries involved, the thing is despite losing two starters the Warriors still won by 33 points so nah I can’t hold a grudge. Even if one of those injuries would have been a two to three week injury I mean that’s why depth is so important because if you take the floor it’s only one bad dice roll of chance for you to end up with the situation the Warriors ended up with Saturday night.

Charles:
Mindless Zombies are in a rebuild mode right now. Fort Wayne, have a bit of a more open window in terms of playoff hopes and why not when you have two scorers like Aranda and Jaen. Major task Stephenson is gonna have in trying to contain them. What do you do?

DD:
Trust in the reputation that you have built. In III.11, Warriors are looked upon as one of the best defensive teams. You trust that your guards can at least contain Aranda and Jaen enough that at the end of the forty minutes your team has more points than they do

Brett:
I think DD has it right. If you’re looking to shut down Aranda and Jaen, good luck because no one in the league has been able to make that happen, but you can contain both of them. Maybe if you’re lucky you can shut down one, but you’re not shutting down both. I think the Warriors of course go with the high speed, tire those starters out, make ‘em work where exhaustion is your sixth defender on the floor and hopefully end of forty minutes like DD said, you have more points on your side of the scoreboard than the Pistons

Hunt:
The Warriors have to make shots early on. This needs to be one of those game where Ranger Granja and Ali Baba go on a three minute tear where they are hitting everything from where spot they touch the ball. This game cannot be a nitty gritty kind of affair early on. Aranda and Jaen are too dangerous a duo to allow to stick around. Making this solely a defensive game will burn the Warriors on this one. Least that’s my take.

Charles:
At the Track, they are gearing up for tipoff. Warriors, Pistons. Final Interconference game. We’ll give you the starting lineups when we return.