Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
301563.12 in reply to 301563.11
Date: 10/29/2019 11:16:46
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
As someone who has never been a paid supporter I have always considered those who do to be like those in the states who support NPR and PBS. When you buy supporter you are helping to provide needed funding to keep the game going because the ads I assure you really don't produce much, the PL's and other trinkets are just BB version of the coffee mug and best of The Kingston Trio box set. This is a labor of love and keeping this outdated jalopy on the road takes more and more time effort and money with each passing season.

This Post:
301563.13 in reply to 301563.11
Date: 10/29/2019 15:33:15
Danube Delta
RBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Danube Delta Intl.
I already stopped buying supporter some months ago, after many years of having it.
And now I'm on the way to quit the game.

This Post:
301563.15 in reply to 301563.14
Date: 10/29/2019 17:13:50
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Just my gut

This Post:
301563.16 in reply to 301563.13
Date: 10/29/2019 18:12:05
Bc Siauliai
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I bet you won't quit.

This Post:
301563.17 in reply to 301563.12
Date: 10/30/2019 05:32:39
Overall Posts Rated:
It was the first time, in many years playing BB, that I have used the option to ignore a user.
A big "thank you" to Marin’s efforts.

Last edited by nasantos at 10/30/2019 18:40:55

This Post:
301563.18 in reply to 301563.11
Date: 10/30/2019 22:14:38
Overall Posts Rated:
Just remember it is not free at all. If you dont pay in money it does not mean it is free. You are selling your focus to ads. Just keep that in mind.

I can honesty say that the ads are just background noise that I never, ever notice when logged into BB. Its free for me, although I greatly appreciate those who do pay to support it and they have my thanks.

I will keep playing BB until I lose interest in the game - something that has not happened in the many years that have been playing, nor is it something I think will occur any time soon.

This Post:
301563.19 in reply to 301563.18
Date: 10/31/2019 11:34:33
Ratu BK
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Long time player (2009) and longtime supporter, but this last week+ was really atrocious. Just renewed my supporter, but this was the last time unless they make some changes, both re site stability and evolving the game.

This Post:
301563.20 in reply to 301563.19
Date: 11/01/2019 09:09:11
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah the last 10 days have been worse than ever, a new low even for Marin.

Let me add just one thing here that nobody mentioned. The only decent, passable communication from the staff we've had since Charles left was that season or 2 when RiP was a BB. The update calendar was a decent idea, it encouraged staff and community to engage and that's gone too. Other than that, communication has always been quite bad, but Marin was always the worst out of the lot and now it seems we're back to the point where he's the only one in charge of this, which seriously bad news.

People would be a LOT more understanding if there was better communication. This came up fairly often in threads about problems with the game in the past and now we're back to exactly where we were back then. In the last 8 days or so we have had no communication in the Bugs or elsewhere about the repeated problems. When it finally got so bad that everything was ground to a halt (I got my economy update after the Tuesday game...), then and only then we had some words from the staff. This is unacceptable.

This Post:
301563.21 in reply to 301563.20
Date: 11/01/2019 09:42:20
The Defenders
RBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The D-fenders
i just don't think this pitch-fork protest as a disgrunteled costumer is the way to go.

I extended my supporter package for another year (despite expiring not soon) and intend to buy it for a friend. the sole purpose of this measure on my side was to support the game. i dont have it in me to directly donate, also numbers have been bad if you check, but "buying supporter" seems like a better choice. despite not having updated my team picture or anything else i really dont care about the esthetics, as i did this becausi i think thr game needs any type support it can get.

this game is if not inherintly free it "basically is free".
you do not need hardware like a 500EUR/USD graphics card to play it.
it has a relatively non existent carbon footprint as it just a website on a server somewhere.
i assume it is a low maitnance game for the owners, aside from hardware fails.

if you go and play chess in a park or bingo at your local community , acting like a disgruntled costumer does not seem to abide by the values of the community that has stayed by this game through thick and thin.

furthermore, i appreciate and want to say thank you for not selling out the domain to really aggresive advertisers (as this version is very friendly to ad-blok) or someone who would have went through a pay to play model, or buy in credits or other shit.

also, it should be noted that this game, now after many years actually carries heritage and history not only for the game itself but for the users who remember where they were when things in the game also happened to them. same feeling of nostalgia you amy get when you visit the house in which you grew up in and etc.

I can see that many rightly pinpointed communication as being a serious shortcomming of this iteration of the leadrship of the game.
can we get some form of campaign going to push change from within and demand that issues that arise and jeopardize the game to be dealt with volunteers from the community.

we live in a digital world, where one can access knowledge or manpower from everywhere over the globe (minus , obviusly, physical tasks on a local level).

so, i ask you all, is there a way where we can not just pledge monetary resources to help the game but also asisting in whichever way we can? (from help w digital advertising, social media outreach, money management/bookkeeping/finance, product development, legal, coding, etc.)

Advertisement