BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > team success stories

team success stories

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/25/2009 06:51:31
Overall Posts Rated:
i was wondering how u started out in BB and how your teams progressed and what u did to make them the team they are now?

i started about 2 weeks ago and was given an 0-10 team to start with. I didnt want to move down a division so i sold my 18 year old with hall of fame potential and another player and used the money to buy 3 players that are now my starting C, PF and PG. i lost my first league game cuz i didnt have my team set up...but then i won 2 league games in a row against a number 4 and 3 seed! i am now 2-11 and will prolly end up winning the rest of my games except for 2 mayb

This Post:
116705.2 in reply to 116705.1
Date: 10/25/2009 11:53:33
Overall Posts Rated:
pretty cool man... This is my 1st Season on buzzerbeater and I saved up my money and brought this 1 guy for only 1 200 000 and 4 of my guys are going to be Allstars this year

This Post:
116705.3 in reply to 116705.2
Date: 10/25/2009 12:10:21
Overall Posts Rated:
Joined BB last season..I took over a team with a 0-3 record and an early cup exit and went to a 8 wins in a row streak..Then got beat down by my main opponent for the championship 3 times (one in reg season and two scrimmages)..

Went on to lead my subleage and face him in the finals with home court disadvantage...Lost the first one after playing 1 OT..Then won my home game after he TIE'd it...In the final game we were going head to head till the end when my PF pulled a buzzerbeater three to give me the championship!!!

Damn I was a happy man that time...Felt like when Greece won against France that way in Eurobasket 2005..That's my story guys,let's hear yours

I want what all men want...I just want it more.
This Post:
116705.4 in reply to 116705.3
Date: 11/01/2009 12:34:43
Overall Posts Rated:
maybe im finishing 2nd seed in red side so im planning to have my enthusiasm set like this:

normal against an easy 3rd seed
crunch time against the red 1st seed

if i ever reach finals w/ probably home court disadvantage, ill go:

take it easy game 1
crunch time game 2
crunch time game 3

is there anything wrong w/ crunch time 2x consecutively?

pls help me.
tnx

This Post:
116705.5 in reply to 116705.4
Date: 11/01/2009 13:25:40
JMDCeltics
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
At playoffs you only can play:

-Normal attitude (effects as TIE enthusiasm)

-Crunch Time attitude (effects as Normal enthusiasm)

You have to think that Conference Semifinals and Conference Final are one single match at your rival court if their record is better than yours. Only the League Final is played at 3 matches. Then if you play Crunch time two consecutive matches your enthusiasm will stay as the original before playing this matches.

Last edited by jacobomd at 11/01/2009 13:26:39

This Post:
116705.6 in reply to 116705.5
Date: 11/03/2009 19:05:53
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi! I received my team at the moment when our country(Belarus) appeared in BB-world.. It was 1 year ago. And I received a team in I.1 =)
My first season was very difficult, as I could use only my mobile-phone with limited traffic. I had some thoughts to leave the game... the thing that I liked was few persons, that I had known before from Hattrick, and also the match-viewer that was rather unusual for me.. the first season was disgusting.. I got the 7 place and was kicked to the league2. But there was one good thing.. At that draft I received a super-player, that many teams will never get.. But I was stupid.. and lost some weeks of training. But thanks to Josef-Ka! He helped to all our community. And also helped me. Some advices from him and some visits to forums and I found out myself ar the 1st place in div.2 I lost play-off because of a little monster (185804).. It was nice to see the progress of my super-player that got to U-21 at his 18(our country is very young). Thanks to Josef, our NT U-21 started to win! and this encouraged our community!! Next season was an easy one. I could concentrate at the cup matches.. and I got into the final, where I lost to whom? yeah.. It was my rival fiorentina(185804)
I couldn't win him and that made me mad!! The other thing that made me mad was the second loss in the cup final!!

last season I was a very mad BB team, that wished to win everybody and everything!!
and I've done it!! I won the league, I won the cup, I won the 2 main rivals: (185783) (185804)
I was happy. but that thing was not my great happiness until now. No, I've lost the cup, I've lost the league(I suppose) as I changed training type and decided to put some money in the bank =)

the great happiness is http://buzzerbeater.com/country/85/jnt/overview.aspx
and this (6901305)
this are the things that encourage me at the moment!! Special thanks to Josef_Ka! He might be the best manager and tactics-master in all BB-world!!! increadable achievement! Just look: http://buzzerbeater.com/world/standings.aspx?teamid=1085

GM-Edit: I removed the boldfacing, it was just too much. ;-)

Last edited by Joey Ka at 11/04/2009 05:10:53

This Post:
116705.8 in reply to 116705.1
Date: 11/04/2009 05:59:19
Overall Posts Rated:
i started in 2nd season, in Lithuanian league, although i am from Latvia. and later i didnt wanted to start from scratch, so i stayed in Lithuanian league.
i started in League I, but after very unexpected loss in playoffs in season 4, i quit game for some time, so i was relegate to league III. in last part of season 5, i decided to play again and started to rebuild my team. but great economic times were over, so i had not much money. i got to league II back, got in playoffs both seasons, but last season i did everything like previous 2 seasons, but everything happened upside down, so i got relegated. but now i have great chance to get back again to league II.
in cup i have 2 good seasons, this and one earlier, when i got in quarterfinals.
all-star games usually are pretty ell represented by my team, have few scoring titles, MVP, 3pt contest winners, all-star voting leaders...

This Post:
116705.9 in reply to 116705.8
Date: 11/04/2009 07:22:20
Overall Posts Rated:
I have started since the middle of season 6. That half year was lost for me couz i didnt knew anything about training. Next season Steve Makis has approached me asking me about my young big men, and then we started to chat on the MSN countless hours about the game, and finally i figured out how to train. At the end of the season i was on the finals who i lost, but i advanced to CBBA couz of the bot teams, and i had the most wins compared to the other II teams.

Next season my goal was to be on the play offs, and finally to win my rival the team that ive lost on the previous season finals, and of course to develop my young nucleus. That time Thecippis got elected as Cyprus U21 coach so happily i got an other experienced person to get advices. By the end of that season i had a very good crop of big men and my team where on a good position. That time Steve told me that the next season my team will be the team with the most progress and i answered him ''NO WAY''. Season 9 started, and i was 4rth on my division, and just b4 the play offs, ive bought my leader (2396939) Leberecht. My 1st play off game was against Cerci, the team that won all the Cypriot championships until that time. I won that game at the end with 2 FT's from Gagalatos (6895165). Those where the 2 most important FT's of the team history, and thats why he has been elected as a HOF. That memorable play u can see it here: http://www.buzzerbeater.org/match/15199080/reportmatch.as.... Also Karalikos (6470627) was the MVP of CBBA. The rest games where relative easy so i crowned as just the 2nd Cyprus champion.

This season we have already won the national tournament, and we have a very good chance to repeat our run to the title.

By the time the team has produced 4 NT players, and we have the honor to own the best 20 y/o Cypriot player, and next leader of the U21. (8238715) Yiannakakos.

I think that considering the time that i am playing i did the best that i could. Cypriot community its small, u cant take anything from that. Lots of team where ahead of me and they failed.

I think that i can call it a success story

This Post:
116705.10 in reply to 116705.7
Date: 11/04/2009 09:26:00
Overall Posts Rated:
It is really deserved by you! What about your story of success?

This Post:
116705.11 in reply to 116705.10
Date: 11/04/2009 13:11:01
Leones del Cinaruco
FCBBP
Overall Posts Rated:
I started to play at the end of fourth season. In the III Division in Colombia.

This is my Team History:

In season 5, Leones del Cinaruco were one of the final 512 teams in the Copa Colombia
Losing against a BOT in first round.....

In season 5, Leones del Cinaruco made the semifinals of the playoffs in league Colombia III.3
In my First Real Season!

In season 6, Leones del Cinaruco were one of the final 64 teams in the Copa Colombia
Falling after I defetead one of the Previous Semifinalist....

In season 6, Leones del Cinaruco made the semifinals of the playoffs in league Colombia III.3
Falling again in Semifinal, with a strong team!

In season 7, Leones del Cinaruco reached the semifinals of the Copa Colombia
The only one team from III against First Division Teams...

In season 7, Leones del Cinaruco were crowned champions of league Colombia III.3
Finally, we became in Champions!

In season 8, Leones del Cinaruco were one of the final 32 teams in the Copa Colombia
Losing against the Champion in that Edition...

In season 8, Leones del Cinaruco made the finals of the playoffs in league Colombia II.3
Reaching the Final in first season on II

In season 9, Leones del Cinaruco reached the semifinals of the Copa Colombia
Second National Tournament Semifinal

In season 9, Leones del Cinaruco were crowned champions of league Colombia II.3
Promoted to First Division!!!!!
________________________________________________________________________________

In this Season, I'll play Cup' Semifinal and I'm in the Third Place in my Conference, reaching the PO's. Too, we have two players in the NT. This is a large history of success!!!