USA - IV.49 > Meta-theories

Meta-theories

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
186351.2 in reply to 186351.1
Date: 06/02/2011 01:22:37
Overall Posts Rated:
Solid post. I want to put in a few more quick and easy ones before bed.

1) Rebounding- Such as in real life. If you dominate the boards then you dominate the game. I've seen teams with bad defense make up for it through AMAZING rebounding. While I personally prefer defense (less shots you have to rebound) I'd still recommend new teams to go for high rebounding. It gets your team as a collective better faster as you train individuals or small groups to be key players. when I started out I worked my way up to strong rebounding for that very reason.

2) PR Manager (and other staff)- While most go for an advanced trainer and the like...the PR manager is perhaps the most misunderstood of the bunch. This guy can turn your team into the green zone (turn a profit) almost literally on his own. With the base level PR manager I found that sales increase at less than a thousand per week. Just one level up and it increases to almost two thousand (considereing moderate success). I cannot emphasize enough how important money is in this game. which leads me to....

3) Arena- You MUST, I repeat, MUST keep an eye on ticket sales. If you don't increase your arena once you start selling around 85% of your tickets on a consistant basis, then you're missing out on quite a bit of income. I choose 85% as I've found that it generally hits that level on the way up. If you're losing ticket sales it's more likely that it will drop quickly to the 70's or 60% level. With the arena starting at such a low level it takes a long time (and a lot of cash) to build it up. For new users I'd recommend 500k be spent of the first upgrade with a focus on the first two sections.

4. Arena ticket costs- Unless you're a complete juggernaut winning every game it's pretty simple to set ticket prices. Perhaps 5-10% more than the minimal should keep your fans happy and your bleachers full.
My current prices are $10 bleachers; $25 lower tier; $125 court side and $1000 Luxury boxes.

And the last for tonight is...

5) Training- I really think this should have a long section devoted to it..which there but just for those of you here....I'd tell you to stay away from team training...it's highly inffectual and doesn't give enough gain in a timely manner. The only reason I'd ever set it to such a state was if I wasn't going to log on for long periods of time to set my roster . Then there would be at least some gain. If you really need a widespread improvement then train 2 positions (Guards, wings, PF/C etc..) at a time, for a total of 4-6 people trained.

This Post:
186351.3 in reply to 186351.2
Date: 06/02/2011 01:33:48
Overall Posts Rated:
We are in sync . . . I put these comments and others in the other post I started on more general strategy topics. I fully agree with all of these. IF you must train more than 2 or 3 players, I am a big fan of 1v1 either guards or sf/pf. With 1v1, you can increase JS, HA and DR for 5 players (6 if you are lucky) consistently. Whether it is guards or forwards depends solely on the height of the players . . . obviously would work best to have players with great OD and passing skilss . .. then you could guard 1v1 train them for the whole season. If you did that, you would probably increase JS 6 levels, and HA and DR 5 or 6 each. Quite an improvement over an 18 week period.

This Post:
186351.4 in reply to 186351.3
Date: 06/02/2011 01:37:36
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, that is where most of my initial success in Div. III came from. I was able to do 1v1 so much due to training OD and passing when I first came into play...the result were wingmen who could guard and beat anyone. That's one part of the meta I'm still very iffy on. I can't decide if having a great PG/C or a great SF/SG is better. the Wingmen combo are just SO impactful as a whole but Centers (for ID and Rebounding) and PG (offensive flow) really can do a lot as well. Wingmen tend to make the game more exciting but C/PG control the game better. So I'm torn which way to go every time I train.