BuzzerBeater Forums

England - II.3 > Can I say that GE is not for me?

Can I say that GE is not for me?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/04/2012 00:42:58
Overall Posts Rated:
After 3 games lost in a row I definitely can say that I do not understand the GE.
My strategy, training, tactics philosophy faces the reality of 3 lost matches.
I believe I should/could have won them all, but I lost... is it me completely dumb or the GE against me:-) ?

It is true that each team played with the big shots against my team, but still for me this does not explain everything.

Guys, what do you think? Shall I sell all my players and start from scratch?

Last edited by BoloTowers at 03/04/2012 03:02:00

This Post:
211981.2 in reply to 211981.1
Date: 03/04/2012 04:05:44
Team Fusio
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
hey bolo

It happens - this is a tough league that you can potentially lose to any team - keep you spirits up - a lot depends on gs and enthusiasm - to sell your team my be extreme but the problem is as the EBBL team, teams raise their game against you - hope you turn the corner soon just not against me :-)

This Post:
211981.3 in reply to 211981.1
Date: 03/04/2012 04:41:59
Overall Posts Rated:
hiya i was really lucky to beat you, your patient tactic held up really well and almost worked for you.
And i had to play harder than you which is bad for you but has consequences for my future games (and makes it easier for them to beat me).

astra is also right, we see an EBL team come down and we think "we can compete with him - we can beat him. we need to beat him if we are to promote and stay up there next season..."

Your PG just shot like a machine gun though and although he scored buckets of points i got the feeling your team would have done better if he has passed it to your other players and in particular your SF, who i suspect is better than i originally took him for.

im guessing your PG in that game hasnt got particularly good passing, and although your team waited for the best shot (which is what a slow patience does more than any other tactic) my defence must have left your PG with the ball at the end of the shot clock to take the shot all the time. i think this is a danger with slow paced offenses.
you also have a chunky big guy. maybe a faster offense would have worked slightly better but it is hard to say. this would rely more on your rebounders and inside finishing but you may have that edge on me.

please dont get disheartened. You are obviously a quality manager with skill and the desire to improve your team and turn it into the best. nothing worth having is easy, and i must say our division looks far more competitive now than it was 3+ seasons ago.

i am doing very well so far but i dont think i understand the GE better than anyone else. i have just been trying to train/buy balanced players sometimes with interesting skills mixes to give me what i hope will be good offense options under different tactic choices. i have been lucky with my fixture draw and have made the effort to manage GS (although i should be better than i am right now).
i have a couple of weaknesses for Div II level but luckily my strenghts make up for it.

This Post:
211981.4 in reply to 211981.1
Date: 03/04/2012 04:46:59
Overall Posts Rated:
i wouldnt necessarily sell your whole team. make gradual changes if you need to.
Now you are out of the cup you should be able to nail your gameshape every week and play your best team in the two league games.
i havent checked your training set up but you could make sure you train some 21-25 year olds that have skills good for games whilst improving them towards EBL level.
also what you could do is see where you can get players that perform better for lower salary. monoskilled bigs are an obvious one to trade in (although more managers are doing this making balanced big more and more expensive).
Probably another is JS/JR pumped guards unless they have the OD to match (and preferably other guard skills).

im sure im not saying anything you dont already know.
Maybe there are one or two "younger" Div III readers that may learn something ;)

good luck!

This Post:
211981.5 in reply to 211981.4
Date: 03/04/2012 07:13:00
Overall Posts Rated:
My is that I should have a better team in the second half where all teams value are more real and not spoiled by the cup games, and will not change my training strategy... I am pretty sure it will work long term, how long ... don't know :-)

In the game against you Fluff, my PG has a terrible AVERAGE GS due to the previous week overtime CUP game that I even had lost. He took almost 50 shots... for now I am not planning to buy a new PG / SG.

Nevermind, let's see what the future games will bring.