Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/17/2015 13:24:42
Optic Fibres
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Wānaka Lakers
Hello all, after last seasons success of making the second round of the Euro's, I am aiming for much of the same this season in the Consolation tournament. We have been drawn at home against Armenia first game and then pack our bags for a trip round the world to New Zealand for the second. In order to have a good chance of qualifying, our aim should be to win these two games and then hopefully with some luck, get some winnable fixtures for the remaining round robin games.

The players have been selected for the squad and the managers have been messaged too. I have also completed the scouting of 18, 19 and 20 year olds and feel we are in a good position to continue to climb the rankings and make England a stronger nation in the national tournaments.
Note: if you feel I've missed your player, then please feel free to message me.

Finally, as mentioned in previous forums, I am finding it hard to spend a lot of time on here recently due to commitments with my job, so I will be looking for a hand or two to help scout throughout the season and offer experienced to the managers.

I hope I can deliver as the manager and we will have another successful season.

Last edited by js8 at 11/17/2015 13:25:09

To: js8
This Post:
275303.2 in reply to 275303.1
Date: 11/24/2015 02:52:26
Optic Fibres
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Wānaka Lakers
ARMENIA 40-121 ENGLAND
England started their consolation tournament against Armenia in what should be a routine win. The game started brightly with England taking control and establishing a demanding lead in the early stages, despite Dwight Huizenga committing four fouls in the first quarter. The second quarter was very much the same as the first with point guard, Michael Fitzpatrick running the show with 15 points, 2 assists and 2 steals to see England take a 60-25 lead into the half time interval. The second half was a better show by England who conceded 15 points in two quarters along with scoring 61 of their own. Michael Bradley and Ian Barker both put in notable performances on the bench with the latter making all 8 of his shots. The game ended with England winning by an 81 point margin to make it 1-0 for the season.

Obviously we can't make a judgement on how strong the team is for this season yet due to the strength of Armenia. Despite the gulf in class, I still think we put in a good performance and I was happy with the contributions given by some players. Next week we travel to New Zealand which will be a tough game away from home, but if game shape is good, we should be able to record another W and go 2-0.

Thanks to all the managers, lets hope for another good GS update on Friday.

This Post:
275303.3 in reply to 275303.2
Date: 11/24/2015 04:44:20
Overall Posts Rated:
Huizenga had 4 fouls in the first 4 minutes haha, you can see why his one position training has been difficult to come by.

This Post:
275303.4 in reply to 275303.3
Date: 11/24/2015 04:50:49
Optic Fibres
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Wānaka Lakers
Huizenga had 4 fouls in the first 4 minutes haha, you can see why his one position training has been difficult to come by.

Yeah, I was gobsmacked at his foul rate and more so at the coach when he wouldn't take him off.

This Post:
275303.5 in reply to 275303.4
Date: 11/24/2015 11:48:41
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
He wouldn't take him off unless you'd told him to. And you shouldn't tell him to. So no problem there.

This Post:
275303.6 in reply to 275303.5
Date: 11/29/2015 17:51:19
Overall Posts Rated:
Good evening everyone. It is with great sadness in which I have to inform all of you that I will be having to leave Buzzer Beater. This is because of recent changes in my Job and Life commitments. However, if my situation changes in the future I will return to this community and restart the ladder to greatness once more.
With this in mind I would publicly like to thank everyone for making me feel welcome in this community. However, I would like to send my appreciation to Ronso from JR Knights for taking me under his wing. Ronso showed me how to train three players at once from the start of this game. This did seem insane at the time but I must admit nevertheless, this process worked while being fun at the same time. Thank you to everyone else for your training input as well.
I have put my players on the transfer list in order that they may stay within the English community for further training and development.
Take care everyone I will hopefully speak to all of you again in the future.
Yours Faithfully
Thorus

P.S. Cain Andreacchi has already had 48+ min single position training at C for IS this week.
http://www.buzzerbeater.com/player/37094563/overview.aspx

John Habeshaw should also get 48+ min Tuesday night.
http://www.buzzerbeater.com/player/37906826/overview.aspx

Last edited by Thorus at 11/29/2015 17:59:53

This Post:
275303.7 in reply to 275303.6
Date: 11/29/2015 18:11:59
Optic Fibres
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Wānaka Lakers
Pleasure to have worked and communicated with you in making England a better nation. You'll be missed but I wish you the best for your future.

This Post:
275303.8 in reply to 275303.6
Date: 11/29/2015 21:05:45
Tide of Fire
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
You'll be missed, hope to see you again!

This Post:
275303.9 in reply to 275303.8
Date: 12/01/2015 16:45:15
Roaring Lions
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Blue Pandas
Thorus sorry to hear that you are leaving us. We will definitely miss you and you where turning into a great trainer ( You loved that training program really). Hope to Catch you around soon mate.

This Post:
275303.10 in reply to 275303.9
Date: 12/23/2015 17:55:13
Optic Fibres
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Wānaka Lakers
I haven't really posted much whatsoever this season compared to last and my apologies for that. I just don't seem to have the time that I had spare like last season and I find it tough to get round to writing a report. But here's a brief overview I hope you all enjoy.

We were against the four minnows of the draw we received first and frankly, we smashed them all with each game having different players contributing to boost our PD up to a healthy total helping with the standings. Against Armenia, Fitzpatrick top scored with 21 and also dished out 4 assists. The next game saw us travel to the other side of the world against New Zealand to see Centre, Michael Wieczorek, prove to be a handful grabbing 9 rebounds and scoring double the points of any other player on the team. The following week, we welcomed Ecuador with Steve Lee and once again, Michael Wieczorek, top score with 24 points as well as both grabbing double digit rebounds to secure double-doubles. Up next were Kazakhstan with the fast paced tactics proving too much as Satish Muralidharan dropped 29 points in 30 minutes and as a whole, we shot 53% from deep.

The real start of our campaign came on Monday as we travelled to fellow European-ers, Russia. We started the game well and were holding our won as I firmly believed we were underdogs who could cause an upset but in the quarters either side of half time, Russia showed there dominance to stretch to a lead of 15 points which we were unable to recover from denting our unbeaten record for the season.

Despite the draw not really going in our favour, I still believe we can qualify and I hope we can bounce back from the defeat last time round as we welcome Malaysia on Monday. The game shape this season has been a touch disappointing for some players, especially for the opening weeks. As the weeks have gone on, the GS has improved but we are still missing some really key players because of this.

Thank you all for your support within the last two campaigns and hopefully we can continue to pick up wins together to advance further in the competition. I wish a very Merry Christmas to all of you and look forward to chatting to you in the New Year.

Last edited by js8 at 12/23/2015 17:55:38

This Post:
275303.11 in reply to 275303.10
Date: 12/23/2015 18:50:57
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't want to throw accusations of doping around but it is known to be happening in a certain country ;)

Great update as always. Merry christmas js and all the BB England managers.