This Post:
Date: 09/03/2016 08:29:55
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
Hello people of BBBL !

Season 36 starts off tonight, first of all let's welcome the promoted teams from D.2 : for the first time in BBBL we'll see Buston Archanges, whose first BBBL after only 10 seasons is quite an achievement, boes who is already a known side around these parts, and makes his comeback after 10 seasons in D.2, and Phoenix Heaven, which I can't really say is a real newcomer in BBBL, since the older managers can't forget the famous phoenix_suns, former winner of both championship and tournament ! Welcome back sum_41 (who you gonna call ? GHOSTBUSTERS) !

They all join the blue side, while Basketcats, no less than the oldest franchise of Belgium (!) makes their way to BBBL for the first time, and gets seeded into the red conference.

Will Amenra be able to complete a 5-peat championship ? Will it even go further and do the double by also winning the tournament or making his way into the final 4 in B3 ?

Providence got serious reinforcement last season and was inches away of beating AmenRa despite having to play away. Can they make the king fall ?

In the Red side, previously the most dangerous of both conferences, but now loaded with peaceful kittens, can anyone stand up and face the might of both Amenra and Providence, or will they get eaten alve once more ? And who will be able to be up to the challenge ?

======

Spartans are not yet a stable and strong team enough to be a big contender this season. Maybe if we can put our hands on a special player we're still short of, they we might dream of doing something, but it seems very unlikely.

Goal for Spartans would be : a playoff spot, no more. If everything works out perfectly, than maybe a good Cup run (quarter final) or a conference final, but I wouldn't bet my life on it, that's for sure.

I have done enough noise now, so it's your turn now. What do you expect, what would be your dream goal ? What do you think of this new season, and most importantly, will we be able to do more than the disappointing number of posts of last season's thread ?

This Post:
281862.2 in reply to 281862.1
Date: 09/03/2016 09:26:08
RSC Eagles
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the introduction Dartreb.

I just took a look at the economy page, and was flabbergasted by the drop in TV Contract !!
That's a drop of almost 18K in TV Contract revenue alone !

I think several teams are going to start facing difficult economical times, especially when your starting players start to become older and you have to start looking for replacements, that's a real pain in the ass with current transfer conditions, i know that first hand now...

This Post:
281862.3 in reply to 281862.2
Date: 09/03/2016 10:25:58
AmenRa
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Church Of Ra
Thanks for introducing the new season Dartreb !
About last season, i'm really happy with my win against Joe in Finals (and especially against Providence) and my 4-peat. It will be very hard to do as well this season (BBBL trophy & Cup final) since Vasseur is now 35y and VanH + Bilmanis 33y. I don't earn money since 2 seasons (but i do not lose). I will first secure a spot in BBBL for season 37 then i will see what to do :
- go for the 5-peat ?
- sell some keys players
Good luck !

This Post:
281862.4 in reply to 281862.3
Date: 09/03/2016 12:33:02
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
Don't you think you can try something in the B3 ? I don't think you can win it although (no offense), there is a couple of awesome teams in there.

I'm amazed that you don't make any money despite all your success. Jakob and Bilmanis are still safe this season but Vasseur will indeed be a problem. On the other hand, he has become more like a backup player than a regular starter already.

C'mon newcomers, don't be shy, drop a word, we don't bite (yet :p).

This Post:
281862.5 in reply to 281862.4
Date: 09/03/2016 14:58:43
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi all,

In my old plan, I was hoping to promote in BBBL and then win the championship in my first season... But inflation have destroyed my initial plan and now I will be happy to not be relegated on season 1!

First match at home against Amenra, at this time (-4 at the beginning of 4th quarter) my guys aren't so bad.

But my squad isn't ready yet, I'm still under the minimum salaries and my 2 inside trainees are quiet young.

Good luck to all.

Last edited by mplume at 09/03/2016 14:59:16

This Post:
281862.8 in reply to 281862.7
Date: 09/04/2016 05:26:44
Overall Posts Rated:

[...]
Behind them Paros has a very nice roster and could become the best blue team very soon. I don't believe in the other blue teams except Buston Archanges but not in a close future.

Thank you, I got a prestigious believer!

Last edited by mplume at 09/04/2016 05:27:11

This Post:
281862.9 in reply to 281862.4
Date: 09/04/2016 07:02:08
AmenRa
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Church Of Ra
as always, i will do my best and try to be in the last 16 (if i keep my roster of course). Vanhooreweghe isn't strong enough outside and i need a stronger SF.
i have money. i can keep my roster until the end of the season. but not enough to buy new players to replace Vasseur & VanH. it's maybe te best moment to sell Zausnig/Macho/Undrits...

This Post:
281862.10 in reply to 281862.9
Date: 09/04/2016 09:00:21
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi there,

Happy to be back in BBBL, it was my challenge to see if I can manage to come back in BBBL quitte quickly after a "start from scratch".
I'm not the same manager that somes years ago, i'm more a tourist (or a ghost o:) ) but with my experience of the game my challenge is now accomplished.

I know that my team is not strong enough to stay in BBBL but we'll try to do our best ;)

This Post:
281862.11 in reply to 281862.10
Date: 09/04/2016 10:03:40
SGOLBA_dynamite
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi everyone,

Welcome to alle the "newcomers" !
My goal is still the same as the past seasons: training my players while managing to stay in BBBL. Last two seasons it was a bit a close call, but I'm still here for the 5th season in a row now
I'm also trying to save a little money while my youngsters are blooming, but it's not easy in those expensive TL times...
Still need a new trainer minimum lvl 6 but they're selling for crazy prices now (over 3M !!!!)

@Sum_41: Wow reaching BBBL within 8 seasons is really impressive indeed!

Last but not least: Good luck to all of you!