Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
299642.15 in reply to 299642.14
Date: 05/22/2019 17:16:06
RSC Eagles
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:

It's very likely, indeed. And even if I've said my goal was the tournament, that won't be possible for me. My training is too constraining, leaving the tournament early would help a lot. So my goal is to reach the allstar week.

I understand you very well Joe. It's not easy to train young talents and remain competitive for trophees at the same time. At some point, choices have to be made.

This Post:
299642.18 in reply to 299642.17
Date: 06/02/2019 05:50:54
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
I obviously went for it, but I got lucky in bringing in 100 % of the games so far.

The only drawback of this strategy is obviously training which is a little bit more difficult to pull out, but so far I'm still very happy with how things turned out.

Obviously that would be a very bad move not to capitalize on it, and I am now hoping to keep HCA for the play-offs !

This Post:
299642.19 in reply to 299642.18
Date: 06/02/2019 07:19:58
Kriflonius
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm still convinced I could've won 3 games, if I were a bit luckier. Unfortunately, things didn't go my way and relegation already seems unavoidable...
-Shoes: with 4 players fouling out, this game was a clear loss
-TumaSStars: I knew I would lose, but it still came down to the last quarter
-BC Tienen: OT loss with Vercaigne fouling out the last seconds of regulation
-Transmission: blew a 10p halt-time lead, with one of his best players fouled out 30min in

I'll likely won't improve my starting 5, but save money for training of future NT players.
However, once this first victory in BBBL comes (if ever), the champagne will even taste better :)

This Post:
299642.20 in reply to 299642.19
Date: 06/02/2019 07:59:03
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
First season in BBBL is a tough nut to crack.

There a some little things you might have done better (I think normalling at my place wasn't a sound decision, you might have saved TS there), but globally your choices were sound (that game @ Tienen was particularly impressive). You weren't lucky in the Transmission game.

But I really think that the lack of a dedicated SF is hammering your efforts. You tried Hon Kee, Al-Jahramai, Emul, Ronsin, and Coelus. None of them did paticularly well at this spot, maybe Hon Kee was the best but you badly need him at SG, so he's not a choice. A dedicated SF would have made your life easier.

Another thing is fouling out. You end up your games with way too many fouls : one possible explanation is that your players slightly lack defense, therefore they foul when trying to stop the player they're guarding on.

This might not save you this season, but should you go down, you know what you have to look into to have a successfull second run in BBBL.

Last edited by Dartreb at 06/02/2019 07:59:25

This Post:
299642.21 in reply to 299642.20
Date: 06/02/2019 08:30:45
Kriflonius
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
But I really think that the lack of a dedicated SF is hammering your efforts. You tried Hon Kee, Al-Jahramai, Emul, Ronsin, and Coelus. None of them did paticularly well at this spot, maybe Hon Kee was the best but you badly need him at SG, so he's not a choice. A dedicated SF would have made your life easier.

Last season, I took a gamble before POs with buying Hon Kee and Clements. Financially it hasn't been great since. The viable SFs on the market go for 2,5+M, and once I can buy one, I'll probably be 0-15

Another thing is fouling out. You end up your games with way too many fouls : one possible explanation is that your players slightly lack defense, therefore they foul when trying to stop the player they're guarding on.

It's always the same 4 players that draw fouls, and defensively they're not my worst. But it is still possible they lack defense.

This might not save you this season, but should you go down, you know what you have to look into to have a successfull second run in BBBL.

Indeed, but if I want to do it correctly, I'll need at least 5 seasons preparation.
Luck was a factor, but my choices of tactics, players and financials can still improve as well.

This Post:
299642.22 in reply to 299642.21
Date: 06/02/2019 13:27:19
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
Last season, I took a gamble before POs with buying Hon Kee and Clements. Financially it hasn't been great since. The viable SFs on the market go for 2,5+M, and once I can buy one, I'll probably be 0-15

Then you shouldn't be looking after one. If you pay less for an average player, not only will you miss your objective but you'll also be broke, which isn't the best situation to come back from D.2

Of course I don't want you to drop, but a wrong reinforcement, or a good one coming to late is no help at all.

Still, you can play bottom of the league and still experience goals to achieve : you may use your time to train youngsters, or you can try to finish last in order to get the first draft pick (Eagles managed to put his hands on a real treasure this season) - of course it's quite a gamble : maybe there's no star to draft or maybe you'll not spot him.

If everything else goes awry, remember you got 1 M for promotion + attendance boost which is nice to get. Sell the players you don't intend to take with you in D.2 shortly before play-offs in order to get the best price for them, and get back down with a sound financial balance and a balanced roster.

Indeed, but if I want to do it correctly, I'll need at least 5 seasons preparation.
Luck was a factor, but my choices of tactics, players and financials can still improve as well.

Maybe not that long. You're not far from being able to claim your first BBBL wins, but you fell a little short. Remember that a top notch D.2 side will still struggle above and the competition is way more fierce.

But once again, I'm sure that the only way of doing this efficiently is training, so keep it up :)

This Post:
299642.23 in reply to 299642.17
Date: 06/03/2019 05:36:54
ychonodou
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
What tension in this blue conference… it's very tight ! (y)

I feel that Eagle is the strongest.
But Bull has achieved the best shot by snatching this victory @Obira.

The party against the red conference that will be decisive. In the draw, I think I’m not lucky this time (will come at home KS and Krifo).
Even if Krifo will certainly not be “a bird for the cat”, it is obviously one of the best opportunities to snatch a victory outside. And KS, who seems a little above the rest, will not be a sure victory at home.

Now nothing is playing and the cup can still add some risks

This Post:
299642.25 in reply to 299642.24
Date: 06/03/2019 10:25:06
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
I'll have to make choices as well. I'm bringing in reinforcement, but sooner or later I'll have to drop some games in order to manage the minutes correctly.

As Joe says, sometimes forced choices aren't that bad, as long as you don't have to force things into getting some wins over the week.

Advertisement