BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Repechage: Why European team always start against the African team?

Repechage: Why European team always start against the African team?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
306438.4 in reply to 306438.1
Date: 03/20/2021 16:31:03
vagancias
DIMAYOR BB
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
deportivo revolución
Will the same issue still occur?
We hope that this playoff will be a draw/raffle so that it is more fair for everyone, and does not continue to give enth advantage to the European NT, they have had for more than 50 seasons.

Greetings!

This Post:
306438.5 in reply to 306438.4
Date: 03/20/2021 19:48:59
Torniquetes Jumpers
DIMAYOR BB
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Carniceros de Blaviken
we need a change urgently here.

European nations are playing every repechage with a "handicap" obtaining "free enth" in their first match.

Asians and americans nation are struggling every repechage, i´ll check history of repechages to check the percentage of european teams that have won this, is so important to have this numbers.

This Post:
306438.12 in reply to 306438.1
Date: 03/29/2021 20:31:28
Great Fires
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Great Fires Academy
Do you think is fair the following data?

2 teams of 48 nations in Europe's tournament classify to World cup. 4 more teams classify to repechage. That's about 4% to WC and 8% to repechage.

In Asia and America it's 2 teams of 21 nations goes to WC and 4 to the repechage. That's about 9.5% goes to WC and 19% to repechage.

Africa has only 8 teams. 25% to WC and 50% to repechage.

So, if you think about if it's fair to benefit a little to Europe with the schedule I'm going to say it's far from being fair.

Last edited by Fire Tiger at 03/29/2021 20:32:22

This Post:
306438.14 in reply to 306438.12
Date: 03/30/2021 01:31:04
vagancias
DIMAYOR BB
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
deportivo revolución
Primero, te voy a responder en español porque es nuestra lengua.

Yo creo que estás mezclando cosas y tienes un mal concepto de justicia.
Una cosa es la mala estructura de las Copas del Mundo, que creo debería ordenarse de forma distinta en cuanto a los cupos, y entregarle proporcionalmente más cupos a Europa, me parecería justo si se sube la cantidad de clasificados totales, porque tu continente es donde hay más usuarios activos y es claramente más competitivo.

Otra cosa es que estés de acuerdo con que una injusticia se soluciona con otra injusticia para otro. Porque un equipo que llegó por méritos propios a una instancia de repechaje, no tiene por qué competir con una desventaja en relación a otro participante que comienza con (como lo dijeron otros usuarios anteriormente) entusiasmo gratis, mientras el americano y el asiático se desgastan desde el primer partido.

Saludos!

--------

In English:

I think you are mixing things up and you have a bad concept about what is fair.
One thing is the bad conformation of WC, which I think should be ordered differently in terms of slot allocation, and provide proportionally more slots to Europe, it would seem fair to me if the number of total qualifiers is raised, because your continent is where there are more active users and it is clearly more competitive.

Another thing is that you agree that an injustice is solved with another injustice. Because a team that arrived on its own merits to a repechage instance, does not have to compete (always) with a disadvantage in relation to another participant who starts with free enthusiasm (as other users previously said), while American and the Asian team wear out from the first match.

Greetings!

Advertisement