BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Scotland > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
308630.2 in reply to 308630.1
Date: 03/24/2021 10:42:26
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
If you’ve got any questions, feel free to ask!

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
308630.3 in reply to 308630.2
Date: 03/24/2021 14:27:34
Kirov Woodcutters
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kirov Bricklayers
+1. Why did you decide to run for election in Scotland?

This Post:
308630.4 in reply to 308630.3
Date: 03/24/2021 17:30:35
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
It kind of sounds crazy, but since I‘ve started playing this game in season 11, I‘ve wanted to coach the scottish NT. Since I was 12 years old I‘ve spent my summer holidays in Scotland until I graduated from high school. I love the country, love the people. And I guess that’s my connection. It took me a while until I decided to run for U21 (didn’t want to run for NT because ghunter was NT manager at the time or dr freia wurf, another german manager). It was kind of surprising for me that I always wanted to coach scotland and ended up coaching the german u21 (winning three bronze medals in 4 seasons) and coaching the german NT for about 6.3 seasons. So I guess I do have some experience, am still involved with the german NT and korean NT/ U21 - but since I respect the work of those managers, it‘s not an option to run there. And I feel that I could help get the scottish NT moving in the right direction. I probably would aim for 2-4 seasons and them try to hand over the NT to another manager who hopefully would carry on the work that I‘d like to start.

But as I said: I‘d be happy if you‘ll have me. If not, that‘s ok with me, I just hope that whoever gets the job will put a lot of enthusiasm into it.

And now: why are you running?

This Post:
308630.5 in reply to 308630.4
Date: 03/24/2021 23:40:51
Kirov Woodcutters
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kirov Bricklayers
I am participating in the election because I want to test how much my presence as a manager can impact the national team. The u21 team, with the help of a couple of managers, managed to set the momentum. I'm not that experienced at this, but I'll try.
What do you think, which player with superstar potential can be included in the national team? What positions and what defense skills should players have to do this?

This Post:
308630.6 in reply to 308630.5
Date: 03/25/2021 06:38:48
Flower of Scotland
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Academy of Scotland
It looks like ye both care about the Scottish NT. Let's find a way how you can work on this project together. Two heads are better than one.

Nemo me impune lacessit
This Post:
308630.7 in reply to 308630.6
Date: 03/25/2021 10:50:54
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Thanks for your input! That would definitely work. Teamwork is always better than „just doing your thing“. As u21 team manager I had set up a small database/ forum which unfortunately wasn’t passed on to the following team managers. But we could reactivate that and work together, also with you, Highlander, if you‘re inclined. It doesn’t take as much work to „look after“ the trainees in a smaller nation like scotland (compared to Germany or Spain, e.g.). But it does take some work. And in my opinion, it does need a plan how players should be trained to have a team that fits together. We‘ve done that in Germany for the past 10+ seasons and slowly our team is competitive again for medals in both european and world championships. I guess that‘s almost impossible because there aren’t that many high potential players to be found in scotland, but I guess we could still improve the team a lot. I‘d also like to introduce trainees that will definitely make the team as early as possible to push their experience (which boosts the skills and might give us a small edge that over comparable nations).

So my suggestion would be: I‘d start as team manager for 2 seasons, work together with TRUF during that time, share my knowledge/ insight. Profit from his. And then he could take over after those 2 seasons if he‘s still inclined to do so. That would mean I‘d need to be voted as NT of course. At the moment, I have the spare time to work on the scottish-NT-project. After those 2 seasons I‘m not yet sure. So that‘s why I‘d like to start. But it‘s up to you, of course, to vote for whom you think is best suited. And for TRUF to decide, if it could be an option to take over in two seasons instead of now.

Would be glad to hear your thoughts, TRUF!

This Post:
308630.8 in reply to 308630.7
Date: 03/25/2021 11:00:50
Flower of Scotland
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Academy of Scotland
Sounds like a plan! I'm in if TRUF is in as well.

Nemo me impune lacessit
This Post:
308630.9 in reply to 308630.8
Date: 03/25/2021 11:10:48
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Great! Let‘s hear what he has to say, what he thinks about my suggestions...

This Post:
308630.10 in reply to 308630.9
Date: 03/25/2021 12:35:17
Kirov Woodcutters
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kirov Bricklayers
Good plan. It's a bad idea not to appoint such an active and experienced manager.
I just don't vote. I can leave the election, if it makes sense. Highlander let him vote for you

This Post:
308630.11 in reply to 308630.10
Date: 03/25/2021 17:10:38
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Thanks for your "vote of confidence". I don't know if you need to drop out of the race. You can do that, of course. But even if you got a vote and I got a vote, I'd still be elected. Same goes for McCain. Even if he votes for himself and I get a vote, I'd be elected. Only if AlexUnder got a vote somehow, he'd be elected in a tie. I don't very much like the rule that the more "experienced" manager gets to be NT Manager if there is a tie, but that's the rule for the moment. So I guess, there's no need to drop out for you. And if you happen to find two votes somehow to win the election, then that's ok with me, of course. But I guess that's not very likely.

So you decide, but I'm very glad for your support and really hope that together we can get the NT moving into the right direction and you'll have the chance to continue that work that I try to start for a very long time (look at Korea, that's what you call continuity. Perpete and statsman have been NT and U21-Managers for more than 20 seasons each. In a row ...)