BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Scotland > U21 National Team Debate Thread

U21 National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
310811.2 in reply to 310811.1
Date: 07/01/2021 05:23:00
Glasgow Raptors
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
I hope the new manager will report what the current situations is, where are our strenghts and weaknesses and also talk about his short and long-term goals and ambitions. We need someone with clear vision and commitment. I see the current manager has a Home-Grown team, which is good, but his top priority should be ScotlandU21.
The U21 manager should treat every potential U21 player as his own.Also, Scotland is a small nation with only 9 teams. We shouldn't be writing off players with lower potential but good current skills.

I'm expecting a more pro-active approach from the U21 manager with regards to training, planning, strategy for development and communication with other managers.

Good luck

This Post:
310811.3 in reply to 310811.2
Date: 07/01/2021 07:41:04
Flower of Scotland
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Academy of Scotland
I understand your concerns, but I cannot meet your expectation: My own team will always be my top priority.

However, I also have a Utopia-team: Its only purpose is to buy and train Scottish players for the U21. I am slightly disappointed by you saying that I'm not committed. The results in the tournament last season showed how committed I am. After this years Utopia draft, I spent 1 hour looking through every Utopia draft, hoping to find Scottish players:

(49688895)
(49686063)
(49687384)
(49687408)
(49688139)
(49687655)
(49687729)

There are even more Scottish players, but they do not have the potential to be a part of this team in the future. Some managers were willing to sell their player and me and TRUF are buying them.

Over the last two seasons, I sent BB-Mails to all managers who had interesting players, asking them to train or sell their players. (You haven't received one yet, but looking at the draftees you now have, you will soon receive one too.) Most managers simply ignored my mail... I am also constantly updating the U21 feed in the forums and I am in contact with TRUF and Wendell Alexis. I also mentored new manager Ricky Sanchez who unfortunately hasn't logged in since April 6th.

As I already mentioned in the forums: if you have any questions on how to train your players, you can always contact me. I am online 3-5 times a day and happy to help.

"I'm expecting a more pro-active approach": I agree with you, but this also means that other Scottish managers have to get involved and answer my mail or ask me for advice. The current approach already is pro-active, but the only managers who work with me are TRUF and Wendell-Alexis. I like that you are willing to train your new draftees and it would be great if you're the fourth person to join our team of managers.

That being said, I love being the manager of ScotlandU21 and I would be sad if I had to step down after just two seasons.

Alba gu brĂ th!

Last edited by GM-The Brave Highlander at 07/01/2021 13:33:06

Nemo me impune lacessit

This Post:
310811.4 in reply to 310811.2
Date: 07/01/2021 13:47:44
Kirov Woodcutters
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kirov Bricklayers
The best opportunity for the u21 team to show itself is to get into the playoff at the consolidation tournament. The guys who are now 18 years old will play there at the age of 21. So we wish you good luck, your bigmens will be very useful there