310957.10 in reply to 310957.9
Date: 07/08/2021 11:18:09
Aubel Nation
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sclessin Fever
Thanks for the season intro, Joe

I'll try to prove you wrong, but as I already said it's going to be very complicated. I'll try to fight for a PD spot, but I won't be able to compete with SGOLBA, CSL or Kelmis anyway. 1 or 2 acquisitions are expected throughout the season, let's just hope I can make them soon enough.

I was pretty delighted with the W for the first game, and I feel like I could even have won Tuesday's game but things turned sour in the last quarter, with my SG shooting an awful 0/9 from behind the arc. Didn't expect to win it at first anyway so it's not a big deal.

Best of luck to everyone for this season

This Post:
310957.11 in reply to 310957.9
Date: 07/08/2021 11:39:42
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
You're right Joe, I don't think my team is good enough for PO, and I'm strapped on cash meaning I can't get reinforcement through the TL (not that I would anyway, my starting 5 has no real weakness).

But while I would be a very serious contender for a top playoff spot on the blue side, I'll have to struggle to secure a playdown series with HCA.

Everyone around here knows staying in BBBL is the thing I'm after, but as time passes this is becoming less and less likely.

I'll petition for the TV contract to be split between the 2 conferences :p

This Post:
310957.13 in reply to 310957.12
Date: 07/08/2021 12:52:42
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
No chance of making it so far. And the level of several teams standing with 1 - 0 record out there is out of this world, it will be a nightmare to clinch a playoff game in this competition !

That being said, having an extra game is cool, and a little bit of extra cash is nice as well.

This Post:
310957.15 in reply to 310957.14
Date: 07/18/2021 15:02:58
Basket Mizu Arlon
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
UZiM
First of all, i hope everyone is safe. There are quite a few players from sensible areas around Liège - Dartreb, Veoz, Benb8, hope you guys are fine, as well as the two brothers and you Joe (but I guess you're up above town.)

This week has proven again how bad I am on the TL. I'm the worse manager to make good deals
The worse thing is Driesen, purchased 3.5M 2.5 season ago and not sold for 1.85M yesterday. I've lost 2 season on my planning this week
The prices have gone down very quickly on the market, at least for some specific profiles - it's stunning. I'm in the same situation than you (minus your bank account) as i wanted to go all in for the B3 - sell a couple and buy a couple - but i'll never be able to sell high enough.

It's crazy how LV Clips is walking on the red side so far...
I wonder whether the engine has been touched before the start of the season in a way that would suit LV players' qualities, cause i don't see how he can be better than anticipated while his players are too old to get stronger. I know a couple of his players and they are very good - but not impressive enough to carry the team. That means the ones i don't know must be damn good. Nevermind, the season is long!

PS: Tomorrow the game of the season for our NT... But it's not Belgium-Egypt, it will be Australia-Uruguay. Our season could already be over.
Do you think Australia can beat Uruguay?

This Post:
310957.16 in reply to 310957.15
Date: 07/18/2021 16:38:03
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
Thanks for your kind words.

My family and myself are safe, and although we had a little bit of flood in the garage it wasn't that impactful, everything is cleaned and ready to go. 100 meters further away though, damage was serious, and less than 500 meters away a whole street was obliterated. We tried to help as well as we could ...

This Post:
310957.17 in reply to 310957.15
Date: 07/18/2021 17:46:11
Aubel Nation
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sclessin Fever
Thanks! It's fine here, had half of my basement filled with water but nothing valuable was stored down there so it's alright. Some neighbours down the street were hardly hit tho, great thing we're on a hill.

What a disaster that was. The pictures and videos are hard to look at, I just can't imagine how those people who lost everything feel like at the moment. My wife's parents own 2 small houses in Chaudfontaine right next to the Vesdre, the whole ground floor was under water and the tenants had to wait 48 hours upstairs with not electricity before they were rescued. They were so scared sitting in the dark with nothing but the sound of the torrent destroying everything on its path. Terrible moments.

I hope you guys are fine.

Advertisement