Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/05/2021 18:14:01
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
I think it would be nice to have some way to help lower player's aggressiveness trait whether through a certain staff member, as part of infrastructure, or a a trainer specialty. It sucks when you put money into a trainee and they have a bad trait that you can't do too much about. Even if there were just a way to move it down from a high level to an average level that would be nice. In real basketball coaches can work with players to teach them to foul less.

This Post:
312609.2 in reply to 312609.1
Date: 12/06/2021 00:17:06
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it would be nice to have some way to help lower player's aggressiveness trait whether through a certain staff member, as part of infrastructure, or a a trainer specialty.

I believe Exp can help
(112433.2)
-Experience helps in a number of ways, but the important really depends upon the details of the game and of the rest of your team...
- A more experienced player both does a better job of recognizing whether something is a good shot and also is more likely to make the "right" decision, while a rookie might take a poor shot either out of impatience or because he doesn't know any better.
-Whether these effects are important is really a matter of opinion; as you know, we'll mention the rough effects but we don't release the underlying formulas.

(112433.5)
Experience is calibrated with the understanding that eventually players get older (but wiser)

In real basketball coaches can work with players to teach them to foul less.

Your Trainee probably just needs to have his Defense pump until he is competitive enough to play in his League.
Stamina and Game Shape also affect Players' Performance..

I have Trained up until now 2 Aggressive Bigs... cant really gives you some evidence that what I think really works... And I won't get a chance to explore further this idea as I have to sell one of them to avoid Bankruptcy... Im just hoping that with 1 Trainee I still can learn something in the future... as I really want to have a Player like Sakuragi.

Last edited by Bro_Khen at 12/06/2021 00:22:19

This Post:
312609.4 in reply to 312609.3
Date: 12/06/2021 06:02:04
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
experience shape and defense change nothing..

With the quoted posts below I really am hoping that they do... but I agree with this suggestion that there should be a way that Aggressive players will stay aggressive but foul less as they grow old... that is why I always wanted to train Aggressive players.

(312579.4)
One thing that could help with that, which is realistic too - as those aggressive players grow old, they foul less, whether its more experience and better understanding of how to play defense, so the idea is that the current aggression will be at its peak at 18yo and will decrease over the years.

(312579.5)
I think you are 100% right. There used to be a couple of really foul prone players on the USA NT when they were 26-28 and then as they got to be 31-33 they didn’t foul nearly as much.

(312579.7)
Not sure what his skill set is, but it looks like he fouls much less at the center position and fouls a lot more when ran the forward positions. Since season 50 when you play him at Center he has only fouled out of 3/29 games (only counting games with 26+ minutes played unless he fouls out before reaching that mark).

This Post:
312609.6 in reply to 312609.5
Date: 12/06/2021 06:30:08
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
I Strongly agree... EXP should really help players make better decisions in the long run... that is why I let my Trainees play the maximum minutes they can when they were younger and before ASW on Leagues, Cups, and BBM where the minutes to EXP conversion are higher.

Hope that BBs can tweak Foul generations, with EXP, STA, GS, Defense, Blocking Factors.

This Post:
312609.8 in reply to 312609.3
Date: 12/06/2021 08:21:04
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Is it not contrary to your other comment sir?

experience shape and defense change nothing..

what do you think happened why did your player improve?

This Post:
312609.10 in reply to 312609.2
Date: 12/06/2021 09:09:14
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
Yeah I know experience and defense can help a little, but there are still NT level players that foul out very often. It would be nice if in some way you could invest to improve this trait.