Show messages by
This Post:
314820.3 in reply to 314820.1
Date: 05/09/2022 17:40:10
Pamuk Kale
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think that makes sense.

I'm a new manager, who returned the game after 10 years.

If I buy a player for over the market rates(who decides the worth of a player anyways?), that is my bad. I should've wander around the transfer list and see if that player is worth it or not.

That should be my way of getting familiar with the BB. I will make bad transfers, learn from it, and will not make that mistake again. It's not a scam; it's how market works.

Adding more introduction courses about how the economy works, and strategies that could be used for better economy will be way more useful than this. If I hadn't that much time for last week and wandered around the forum so much, I could have make those 'scam' transfers. You should make these information more visible if you want to be a new user friendly environment.

Punishing a player for selling its assets for more than its worth should not be punished, it should be rewarded. There's a finite amount of resources in the game; if I could find a way get these resources from other managers, it means I am a good manager.

And, these guidelines are funny I believe.
Every player that I bought should be reported then. :D

If I can get a player for a cheap price, it means I'm spending more time in the game, or I'm better than other managers in evaluating player's worth. Like I said, it shouldn't be punished.

This Post:
314820.4 in reply to 314820.3
Date: 05/09/2022 18:35:14
Corntucky Mildcats
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
A Wedge of Cheese
I mostly agree with these comments. I only returned midway through last season. Bought a few players above market rate and took a bath, sure. But that helped me become more disciplined on the transfer market. I sold two players recently whom I purchased NOT a full season ago, I made a nice profit (D4 level profit) and was able to save for a better trainer. My arena received a much needed expansion too.

I felt good about these moves ESPECIALLY after a rocky first few purchases. I put in the time and effort to understand the market better and was moderately rewarded. Under the rules as written, I should be punished. But as a veteran gamer, I feel like I'd be punished for learning the game and gaining a deeper understanding of its mechanics. Almost all games work this way ie positive consequences not negative ones.

Just my opinion, but a market tutorial, even if it's just three paragraphs, for new players would be a better decision than a big yellow warning on the front page (think how many players are questioning if they're guilty or not right now?) Not exactly a morale boost for this small community.

If this is ONLU about young trainees with high potential than I get it, but the front page is scary right now lol.

Good luck and Cheers.

Last edited by CoachP at 05/09/2022 18:46:58

This Post:
314820.5 in reply to 314820.4
Date: 05/09/2022 20:18:00
Porch Pirates
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm right there with you! I rejoined at the end of S55 and have been very active on the TL as I built up a roster that could compete in my D4 league, and when I won that I bought a new lineup that can hold its own in D3. I haven't been buying or selling young prospects, but I've made a high volume of purchases (average of one every 2 weeks) and I usually end up paying a fair bit more than the transfer estimate because I believe it's worth a little extra money to make sure I get the right guy into my lineup as soon as possible. The players I buy are worth every BB-dollar I spend on them in my eyes, even if they wouldn't be worth that much to other players. If you were to look at my old team (30023) you'd see I did a lot of the same on my old account. I don't THINK I've done anything that is likely to get me banned, but the vague wording of the rules does definitely concern me.

This Post:
314820.6 in reply to 314820.1
Date: 05/09/2022 20:39:42
All Torn Down
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Please clarify something for me...

Last season i bought a player for $1K, and he had over 110TSP - I got lucky and got him for obviously a bargain.

Now if i was to sell him (no plans on doing so) for say $100K, which i can tell you he is absolutely worth, is that considered illegal?

Often gun players go really cheap towards the end of the season where the team cannot make the playoffs, but their value is certainly higher.

Look forward to some feedback.

Thanks

This Post:
314820.7 in reply to 314820.1
Date: 05/09/2022 20:45:54
Atelier
IV.13
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Bomboclaats
As someone who made a significant amount of money throughout my time on BB using the TL, I have some questions...

Since there will be a lot of times where I see a player and go, you know what there's a low number of users (100 or less) on and this player seems to be going for a great rate, let me pick him up and if he doesn't fit I can get rid of him in a few weeks when the tax goes down to 70%ish and make some cash doing it since I listed at a time when there will be 1000+ users on.

Is this illegal on it's own, if so what part of it? Can I not use active and inactive times to get good deals and make returns?

Is this illegal only if a new team buys my player? Then in that case, it seems like my entire opportunity to profit hinges on a new user NOT interacting with my listing. Can I set my listing so that new players CANNOT bid on it so I can sell my listing at a profit instead of taking a loss just because they chose to interact?

Can I not list players at 3x their price I paid to test if the market has interest since some high level players have niche builds, or high salaries which to some may be worth nothing and to others millions?

I think this is a good idea when it relates to very specifically new accounts placing bids on players that were recently transferred and only that. Thus, take the subjective reporting aspect out of it entirely.

Proposed New Transfer List Rules
- Players purchased in the last 30 days cannot be relisted for more than 3x their value. (Minimum 100,000 auction price)
- Managers who created accounts in the last 30 days cannot place bids on players that were transferred and relisted on the TL in the last 30 days for more than what they were purchased for. (Minimum 100,000 auction price)

Include any other rules here that you would like, but simply limit users from making the transactions rather than fining them an unknown amount if someone reports them.

This fixes the issues you are having without it being a committee based subjective decision which requires user reporting to function. When possible fixes like these are better off as objective rules rather than a report based on vague or subjective rules.

Last edited by Apex at 05/09/2022 21:03:07

2x NBBA Champion: S55, S56. 3x USA Cup Champion: S54, S55, S56. WR for longest home streak ever at 11 in Season 47.
This Post:
314820.8 in reply to 314820.1
Date: 05/09/2022 20:56:30
ExplosiveBubbleWrap
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BubblesExploded
Yeah overall I don’t think this is a good fix at all. I don’t think it fixes the problem and only harms those who are financially savvy and work the TL in a profitable (but still totally legal) way.

Big L on BBs part if this one sticks. This isn’t even a day-trading problem…. Back in the old days when you could list players and get 97% sale value days after buying them, that was a true day-trading issue, this is a bit of a reach.

Bubbles BuzzerBeater Official YouTube Channel:(https://www.youtube.com/@BubblesBuzzerBeater)
This Post:
314820.9 in reply to 314820.1
Date: 05/09/2022 21:09:41
Shrewsbury Honeybadgers
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
100% no to this. If this is about protecting new users, place a limit on how high they can bid on a single player. Remove the subjectivity of market value and “objectively good deals”, because that can vary greatly from person to person.

This Post:
314820.10 in reply to 314820.8
Date: 05/09/2022 21:15:45
Kerbal Space Program
CBSL
Overall Posts Rated:
The key of solving this problem is to educate new managers about the market rules, rather than to prevent managers from taking advantages of the experience accumulated for years.

If I saw a young player worth 300k on the market but selling for 3k, should I buy him? If I bought him, I have three options to avoid the violation:

1. Hold the player for more than one season, or
2. Sell the player for less than 15k (5x), even if he is worth 300k, or
3. Sell the player for more than 15k, but if the buyer is a new manager, I have to bid the player back so as not to violate the rules.

It is not make sense.

Last edited by 豹 at 05/09/2022 21:16:59

This Post:
314820.11 in reply to 314820.9
Date: 05/09/2022 21:43:45
Overall Posts Rated:
If this is about protecting new users, place a limit on how high they can bid on a single player.

lol what. This is the worst idea ever. Would each new user, get a different limit? So new users couldn't outbid each other. Talk about a bad idea.

The hilarious thing about this is, all the people whining, now they are for exploiting others, and they are okay with that. /smdh

I hadn't seen 1 post about someone buying a "perceived" good value, and then training them, and then trying to release them back into the market. That's why I agree with the BB's decision. You'll on the side of easy money, the discourages people from sticking around. IF I played a game, where I was ripped off, because I didn't see the big picture, I wouldn't want to become a supporter, let alone waste my time on a game, that lets vets rip off newbs.

edited to fix the quote box

Last edited by WFUnDina at 05/09/2022 21:45:13