Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/24/2022 04:23:30
Wuhan Wastrels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi All,

Just spit balling here and haven't really thought through all of the benefits/demerits of this idea yet.

2nd team can now accept players (either draftees, or 18/19yo) from the main team for (insert time-frame here).

As we know, the NBA has a 2-way contract system in which players that are selected through the draft (or undrafted) are able to play for the main team AND the G-League equivalent. There's more to it such as how many regular season games can be played on the main team and the fact that a player on a 2-way contract can't play in the playoffs.

However in the interest of this suggestion, I say we simplify it a bit with the below points:

Main team can send a draftee (or 18/19yo) to their 2nd team to train
Salary will be paid by both teams (full salary, to avoid economic abuse)
Player is ineligible to play for main team that season
(Optional) Player can't play in the Playoffs for 2nd team

Happy to discuss the parameters of this suggestion and update once we have enough agreement.

Benefits:
Managers can keep trainees that otherwise may not have a space in their main team
More realistic link between main team and 2nd team
Extra Features!! woohoo

Cons:
To be updated

Poll:  Do you like the idea/concept of introducing this mechanic into the 2nd team supporter function?

Sounds good/interesting
Needs further thought/development
No, this is not something I'd like to explore

This Post:
315270.2 in reply to 315270.1
Date: 07/24/2022 04:47:20
Overall Posts Rated:
First things first, congrats for the posts/initiatives

For the purpose of discussing your points:

- Main team can send a maximum 3 youngsters (below 20yo) to their 2nd team to train/play
- Salary would either be paid: in full if on main team by main team; x% on main and 100-x% on 2nd team if on 2nd team
- Player is eligible to play for both teams, until it plays x games for one of the teams; if so, can't be moved again that season
(Optional) If the player "completes" a full season on the 2nd team, he cannot be sent back again if he played in the playoffs
(Optional) If the player "completes" a full season on the 1st team, he can be sent back again but not play in the playoffs for the 2nd team

Benefits sound good

This Post:
315270.3 in reply to 315270.1
Date: 07/24/2022 10:01:34
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I have to say I don't really like it. Utopian teams should be independent. I just don't see Utopia as being like the g league as its not a development league, even if some of the teams are used that way.

I don't really like the argument that you can keep more trainees either. If your team doesn't have room for another trainee that's just tough. Sell him.

This Post:
315270.4 in reply to 315270.3
Date: 07/24/2022 12:29:30
BC "EDI"
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Actually a great training facility
While it sounds great, one major flaw that renders this suggestion useless - it's a pay2win mechanic.

People who don't have 2nd team couldn't train the same ammount you could.

So no.

This Post:
315270.5 in reply to 315270.4
Date: 07/24/2022 18:18:56
Wuhan Wastrels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:

While it sounds great, one major flaw that renders this suggestion useless - it's a pay2win mechanic.

People who don't have 2nd team couldn't train the same ammount you could.

So no.

I'm not sure I'd class it as a pay 2 win mechanic. It's more of a redistribution of resources and adds another element to the game.

Can you honestly say that this will result in an overwhelming advantage for those with a 2nd team?

I don't think it will have that big of an impact on the current structure. I see this creating more rookies being trained rather than ending up on the TL. Long term this will probably create an environment where we have higher average skilled players in the TL overall.

Also I believe could possibly see higher skilled U21 players in the future

This Post:
315270.6 in reply to 315270.5
Date: 07/25/2022 00:04:45
BC "EDI"
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
This game is about managing 3 things I believe:

1) Time
2) Money
3) TSP

And you would be hacking the system, as you would simply get double the training value on Fridays. Yes, you would pay for it in money, but two teams tank twice as fast.

This Post:
315270.7 in reply to 315270.6
Date: 07/25/2022 00:39:48
Wuhan Wastrels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
And you would be hacking the system, as you would simply get double the training value on Fridays

Sorry can you please explain this to me?

2 teams, with 3 games per week can only train a max 6 players each (in 2 position training) how does what I'm suggesting get you double the training value?

It's merely using your training slots in your 2nd team, for your first team.

This Post:
315270.8 in reply to 315270.7
Date: 07/25/2022 01:10:08
BC "EDI"
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Two team still train 12, not 6. While it is the case now, that's one of teh reasons you can't buy your players between teams (mostly to prevent cheating).

This would be a massive pay2win, because you could train the same guy in 1on1 for a couple of seasons in Utopia, then send him back to your first team.

I believe training adds complexity with sacrifices to the game and this suggestion takes it away.

This Post:
315270.9 in reply to 315270.8
Date: 07/25/2022 01:13:55
BC "EDI"
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
To clarify: i have -300k in main team, but 3.4kk in Utopia.

I draft a player, send him to Utopia to train with 7/7 coaches, and send him back while still being broke in first team

This Post:
315270.10 in reply to 315270.8
Date: 07/25/2022 01:28:56
Wuhan Wastrels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Two team still train 12, not 6. While it is the case now, that's one of teh reasons you can't buy your players between teams (mostly to prevent cheating).

I said 6 players each team.

I draft a player, send him to Utopia to train with 7/7 coaches, and send him back while still being broke in first team

As I said there can be rules put in place to mitigate any overwhelming advantage. Player can't participate in playoffs that season, or in the main team. This will make it that teams will use it purely for training players.

The whole premise is to treat the 2nd team as a development league (G-League). I really don't see the overwhelming advantage or "Pay 2 win" aspect you're talking about.

believe training adds complexity with sacrifices to the game and this suggestion takes it away.

There's a lot of talk about how training players is expensive and becoming harder and harder to see benefits. Let's be real, with the current market you can easily pickup div II and III players for peanuts. So I believe we should be open to suggestions like mine (even if my suggestion is not taken).

This Post:
315270.11 in reply to 315270.10
Date: 07/25/2022 04:03:01
White-Sharks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
White-Sharks II
I don't really think this is a good idea.
But if you would do it I think the main team needs to pay more like a development fee when the player is sent back which should be close to the amount that training him would have cost or the player would have cost if bought. But that might be hard to implement.