This Post:
Date: 02/14/2023 13:18:33
Kirov Woodcutters
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kirov Bricklayers
The NT team is entering a new season.
The last scrimmage was good, but we need to understand that we had a serious advantage in enthusiasm.
There are no changes in the line-up from last season, except that Losiak returned to the team. In the match against Bosnia, the standard line-up of players played, too, so far without changes.
The draw of the CT tournament is not the worst, with the most successful scenario, we can even compete for 4-5 victories. We are not very strong in terms of player salaries, but our players have good skills, the bench has pulled up very well to the level of the starting players.
We will see if maybe our coach will decide to play more versatile and it will at least sometimes mix the line-up.

This Post:
318191.2 in reply to 318191.1
Date: 02/15/2023 03:17:12
Flower of Scotland
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Academy of Scotland
Thanks for opening this thread. Let's use this one for both national teams.

I'm pleased with this season's roster, but our schedule is tough. If the season goes well, we will end up with 4 wins. If we struggle, we could end up with 0 wins.

The scrimmage against the US was good. They are the number 2 in the world, last season's finalists. We had one terrible quarter (19-41) and lost by 26.

First, we play against England.

Nemo me impune lacessit
This Post:
318191.3 in reply to 318191.2
Date: 02/20/2023 13:46:21
Flower of Scotland
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Academy of Scotland
Well, reverse patient (again) didn't quite work out as I had hoped. Dean is an excellent shooter, but he was off today (9-35). Having a player like Boddie on an U21 squad is a huge advantage, and I wanted to challenge him with this tactic. Their defensive settings, however, countered that perfectly.
Our defense was ok, I guess. We allowed only 81 points (but lost by 20!).

Next up: Greece

Nemo me impune lacessit
This Post:
318191.4 in reply to 318191.3
Date: 03/01/2023 15:15:33
Flower of Scotland
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Academy of Scotland
Colombia - Scotland 100:85
I hope the fact that we didn't play TIE will not cost us a win against Nigeria in the next game. Love how the team is developing!
Next up: Nigeria

Scotland U21 - Greece U21 77:103
Good to see that our defense is more balanced than in recent seasons. Losing against a top 10 team is ok, I guess.
Next up: Israel (top 10...)

Nemo me impune lacessit
This Post:
318191.5 in reply to 318191.4
Date: 03/13/2023 17:26:47
Flower of Scotland
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Academy of Scotland
We are now 5th and have played the 4 best teams in our group. Next up are the three current bottom teams.

Our goal is to secure 5th place or maybe even move up to 4th, depending on how Ukraine's campaign turns out.

Nemo me impune lacessit
This Post:
318191.6 in reply to 318191.5
Date: 03/14/2023 16:47:30
Kirov Woodcutters
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kirov Bricklayers
Good job, Highlander!
In the match with Ukraine, the u21 team had approximately equal chances to win. But using Patient three times in a row, you managed to deceive the rivalry coach. Yes, it was impossible to guess the answer, but the chosen tactics were reliable and suitable for the realities of the composition.
It would be great to take 4th place in such an even group. A lot needs to be done for this, but Ukraine beat three of our future rivals. There are good chances, good luck.
There's not much to say about the senior team, I liked last season more.
We play Normal and Princeton every match, with the same rotation. As a result, we almost lost to Nigeria, we will definitely win Puerto Rico, most likely Macau too. It's not great to play with a little enthusiasm, but it's the coach's choice.
As for the players, they do not play evenly, often the implementation of shots is not the highest, except for the match with Nigeria. There are outbreaks, like Boyd with Ukraine or Lawson with Colombia. We continue to watch until Princeton impresses me.

This Post:
318191.7 in reply to 318191.6
Date: 03/21/2023 14:44:58
Flower of Scotland
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Academy of Scotland
Lots of great news today:

- 2nd win of the season for our U21 against Norway
- 2nd win of the season for "Team Princeton" against Puerto Rico
- Another U21 player has reached 100 TSP last Friday
- Every 18 year old player with a potential of 9 or higher is now receiving full training!

Nemo me impune lacessit
This Post:
318191.8 in reply to 318191.7
Date: 04/13/2023 15:16:40
Kirov Woodcutters
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Kirov Bricklayers
Both national teams have completed performances in their tournaments.
Congratulations to the u21 team and Highlander with a well-deserved 4th place in the group. All the remaining three matches were won by a margin, except that the first half of the match with Georgia went pretty smoothly. A good result for a strong team. It's a pity that we can't move this squad to next season, we have quite a lot of graduates leaving the team.
The senior team has three wins in eight matches, although the match with Denmark could well have been taken away. Interestingly, after all, in the match against Finland, the coach decided not to use Princeton. this match turned out to be the only one where the opponent's coach tried to guess our tactics, although it did not save us from defeat at all. Still, without accumulating enthusiasm, it is very difficult to compete against prepared teams.
We are watching friendly matches, waiting for the next season