BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Stats for players

Stats for players

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/02/2009 23:21:00
Overall Posts Rated:
I am just wondering What stats do you need for a PG/SG/SF/PF/C. I have a fair idea but I'm just wondering because i might train my PG and have no clue what to train if you can take a look at my team and ill BB-Mail you stats or something.

This Post:
99846.2 in reply to 99846.1
Date: 07/03/2009 00:53:14
Aussie Pride
ABBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Try having a look at the newbie help posts.

This Post:
99846.3 in reply to 99846.1
Date: 07/03/2009 01:34:19
Overall Posts Rated:
Read the rules page. You know, the one that you're supposed to read before you post here?

This Post:
99846.4 in reply to 99846.1
Date: 07/03/2009 04:05:59
Overall Posts Rated:
if you read it, i will just give my two cent to it. Forget inside shot if have nearly no impact on a PG, rebounding seems to be the most efficient inside skill for them blocking is actually not useless but there will be a change.

Training should be focused on the six skills in the top where passing and Outside defence are the two most important. Depending on whoich offense you play he maybe should be a solid shooter too(outside attack motion or run and gun).

This Post:
99846.5 in reply to 99846.4
Date: 07/03/2009 10:31:04
Overall Posts Rated:
Forget inside shot if have nearly no impact on a PG,

Where were you in that other thread where I was telling a guy that driving was more important for guards to score inside shots? He told me that inside scoring was the most important. ;-)

rebounding seems to be the most efficient inside skill for them blocking is actually not useless but there will be a change.

Inside d is actually very useful for guards, too. It shuts down their opponent's drives to the inside. It doesn't have to be great - strong is probably as high as you need. But with atrocious inside d you're asking for trouble.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
99846.6 in reply to 99846.5
Date: 07/03/2009 11:02:39
Overall Posts Rated:
i have problems to figure out the effect of inside D, some say it is important some say it isn't and in the end both can't prove their point. Even if a old guard from me with low ID hasn't that poroblems against inside teams, but this is a very subjektive view.

With inside shot, i got in the past several guards with IS 1 and also some with IS 7 which is good/bad for a guard i think. The contribution to scoring with LI and Outside focus strategies was nearly the same, especially a IS 6 with poor outside offense qualities doesn't really scores on inside games where you could espect it(when it have an impact(several zero points games).

That driving is more important then IS even says a BB, in the forum day, i believe jbmrock still have a link to this answer if you like to ask him ...

Edit: but i won't overate driving with inside tactics, good jump shot did well too ;)

Last edited by CrazyEye at 07/03/2009 11:15:12

This Post:
99846.7 in reply to 99846.6
Date: 07/03/2009 12:28:49
Overall Posts Rated:
i have problems to figure out the effect of inside D, some say it is important some say it isn't and in the end both can't prove their point.

This is my theory based on what I've seen in recent matches. I am currently training SFs and have been playing my SFs as guards these days. Whenever anyone plays look inside against me my PG (SF trainee) always shuts down the opponent's PG (sometimes less than 30 points per 100 shots).

Now, my SF trainee has pretty high outside d and inside d. So you could say that maybe it is the outside d that is stopping the PG's inside shots. However, I never see results like that against teams playing an outside game.

With inside shot, i got in the past several guards with IS 1 and also some with IS 7 which is good/bad for a guard i think. The contribution to scoring with LI and Outside focus strategies was nearly the same, especially a IS 6 with poor outside offense qualities doesn't really scores on inside games where you could espect it(when it have an impact(several zero points games).

You are right, guards have absolutely no contribution to IS or ID in the "team ratings". However, a guard with good inside skills and/or driving can score lots of points on a look inside offense. You can only see that by looking at the points per 100 shots - not the team ratings.

Now, if your inside guys already have good match-ups, your guard won't get many opportunties. So there's the rub. ;-)

That driving is more important then IS even says a BB, in the forum day, i believe jbmrock still have a link to this answer if you like to ask him ...

Edit: but i won't overate driving with inside tactics, good jump shot did well too ;)

Yes, I've seen GM-jbmcrock say that but I can no longer find the thread (believe me, I looked). I'll ask him.

This Post:
99846.8 in reply to 99846.7
Date: 07/03/2009 12:43:24
Overall Posts Rated:
i never understood the team rating, i even struggle to reconstruate that ;)

But player take much shot if they have the oppurtunity, i have a defensiv first center with nealrly no attack his shooting percentage in the past wasn't bad, but he takes no shots. The shooting percentage is more sinking, because in the shot he takes there are a lot we have no time on the clock why i got the ball shots:

(2269189) - IS 5 both reb and ID 10 - so he is still useful to grab some minutes.

This Post:
99846.9 in reply to 99846.8
Date: 07/03/2009 12:55:07
Overall Posts Rated:
i never understood the team rating, i even struggle to reconstruate that ;)

But player take much shot if they have the oppurtunity, i have a defensiv first center with nealrly no attack his shooting percentage in the past wasn't bad, but he takes no shots. The shooting percentage is more sinking, because in the shot he takes there are a lot we have no time on the clock why i got the ball shots:

(2269189) - IS 5 both reb and ID 10 - so he is still useful to grab some minutes.

That's kind of my point. Your team is always looking for the best shot. So this guy will hardly ever shoot because he doesn't have the shooting skills of the rest of your team. When he takes shots he will be wide open, so that explains why his shooting percentage is good but also why he doesn't shoot very much.

Of course, when the shot clock is about to run out, he has no choice but to shoot (and probably miss).

I would not read too much into the team ratings. From what I undestand, they are just to give you an idea of what is happening on the court. The actually match-ups are the most important. So if you want to know why you lost or won a game, the best place to start is the points per 100 shots.

Last edited by HeadPaperPusher at 07/03/2009 12:55:53

This Post:
99846.10 in reply to 99846.9
Date: 07/03/2009 13:18:47
Overall Posts Rated:
so why my guards with high inside shot shot less, then IS 1 guys with a little better JS when i playing LI and IS is important to finish?

. So if you want to know why you lost or won a game, the best place to start is the points per 100 shots.

So i win this game because of my good C -> (13107676)

I like to watch the taken shots more, and then i see that talipov and Rocha takes the most of my shots, thats were probadly my missmatches i used to score. I can not see how they calculate the 100 shot rating, and very often you have weird matchups leading.

This Post:
99846.11 in reply to 99846.10
Date: 07/03/2009 13:29:45
Overall Posts Rated:
so why my guards with high inside shot shot less, then IS 1 guys with a little better JS when i playing LI and IS is important to finish?

Maybe for a number of reasons. As you said, driving is more important for inside shooting when it is a guard. Maybe your centres were getting the better looks? Maybe your opponent's guards have good inside d compared to your guards? It is hard to know without seeing the player's skills on both sides.

So i win this game because of my good C -> (13107676)

I like to watch the taken shots more, and then i see that talipov and Rocha takes the most of my shots, thats were probadly my missmatches i used to score. I can not see how they calculate the 100 shot rating, and very often you have weird matchups leading.

The short answer is no because your C didn't shoot that much.

I said that pts per100 are a good place to start. You used an outside tactic in this game. Even if your Cs inside looks are great, he tends to pass it off when you're using an outside tactic. So his inside looks have to be outstanding for him to shoot. This artificially inflates his pts per 100.

You have to remember that pts per 100 is only based on the shots that the player actually took, not on the quality of all the "looks" he got in the game.

Last edited by HeadPaperPusher at 07/03/2009 13:33:58