Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/06/2022 05:14:21
Veyrier Wailers
Nationalliga A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Zion Ocelots

I don't know about you, but I really enjoy watching my games live. I think you can learn a lot about your players and team by doing so.
But I think we can get rid of the 15min halftime break (maybe the 3min too). It's realistic but also annoying...
I remember the first ever live game I watched, I was a bit "shocked" by this realistic waiting time.
We talk a lot about speeding up BB and ways to do it. IMO this would be very good.

Suggestion:
At Halftime, instead of waiting for 15 minutes, show sentences giving us some more informations about both teams, based on real game data like fatigue and coaching adjustments.

There is a very interesting paragraph in the game manual that says:

During the course of the game, your coach will make adjustments as a result of how the game is going. If you are making a lot of inside shots, he will tell you to take more inside shots. If the opponent is making a lot of inside shots, he will tell your defenders to double-team in the post more often. However, any time that the coach makes a change away from the tactics you started out with, it will be a less effective than if you had simply chosen to double-team the post all along (i.e., you will find that it is easier for your coach to tell the defenders to focus even harder than they already are on inside defense if you are already playing a 2-3 zone). The closer your submitted tactics are to the optimal choice, the better, especially because the coach is only able to make limited adjustments once the game has started.

So I assume it would be possible to show some relevant informations like:
End of period.
Half time break.
Team A seems very tired and needed that break
Team B still has some energy in the tank
Coach Weirdname is not happy and wants Team A to shoot more 3's
Coach Wrongname's defensive plan is on point tonight
Both teams are coming back on the court, ready to play.
Team B will get the first possession.

This way we would have an actual idea of what our coach is doing, giving him the bit of visibility he deserves in the game.
And of course some kind of feedback about our actual tactical choice, without changing anything to the game engine.

I obviously don't know what are the datas available in the game calculation that Devs could use here, but I hope they'll see a potential improvement somewhere in this suggestion.

I'll make a poll, very curious to see how people react to this one.

Last edited by Locks04 (Schweiz NT Coach) at 02/06/2022 07:11:19

Poll:  No more 15min halftime. Good or Bad ?

Good. The whole package!
Good, but find an other way to do it.
Bad, keep it realistic.
I don't care about live games

This Post:
313636.3 in reply to 313636.2
Date: 02/06/2022 08:06:02
Valley Boys
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Frosted Abomasnows
I would want to see BB change the shot clock rule to 14 seconds when there's an offensive rebound. It might change things up and add multiple possessions for both sides, but then again there are still some points in the game where the shot clock stays at 00 for a decent amount of seconds. I'm just not sure about decreasing the breaks to 15 to 10 at half and 2 min from 3 mins. Sure it sucks waiting for the 15 minutes but I do love the realistic vibe for that one.

I mean I agree with the idea of adding some text during that 15 mins to make things fun and interesting. It would be fun to know how would the engine decide who are the notable players to shoutout during the half break. Personally, I would like to see if an engine pinpoints if one of my opponent's players is cold for the game as it makes me feel good that either I trained my players somehow right or I chose the right defense.

This Post:
313636.4 in reply to 313636.1
Date: 02/09/2022 11:00:23
Cobra Kai
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Wu Tang Clan
I voted for the first option allthough this option is unfair for managers that dont spend their time watching live games, because those who do will have extra information about the coach's choices and the stamina drops. Buzzerbeater is a browser game after all and you can enjoy it/improve on it a lot without having to spend much time. So overall I dont think it is a good suggestion.

Furthermore I am almost certain that several calculations/adjustments in the GE for the next half are happening in half time break and probably in the 3 minute breaks too so I dont know if what u propose is viable, maybe the BB's can enlighten us on this issue

Last edited by Cobra Kai at 02/09/2022 11:01:16

This Post:
313636.5 in reply to 313636.4
Date: 02/09/2022 12:14:02
Veyrier Wailers
Nationalliga A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Zion Ocelots
Calculation is 100% made during the 15min before the game, that's why you can't change anything past the 15 minutes mark.

Sorry but I don't see where this is unfair, as anybody has access to the play-by-play at the end of the game.

And watching live games is already some kind of advantage as you can see things like matchups on every shot, shot-clock, substitutions.
For exemple, if your PG with 3/7 from 3pts took 3 shots from halfcourt at the end of quarters, he is in fact 3/4 and performed way better than what the boxscore tells you.

As I wrote in my first post, you can learn a lot about your team and what really works for it.

Edit:

And this is why I made that suggestion, watching live games is so cool, very addictive and it can even be thrilling on some occasions !!

But we all have things to do IRL and 1h30 if often too much for people...19 minutes less can't be bad.

Last edited by Locks04 (Schweiz NT Coach) at 02/09/2022 12:28:31

This Post:
313636.6 in reply to 313636.5
Date: 02/09/2022 12:46:37
Cobra Kai
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Wu Tang Clan
Correct me if i am wrong but only supporters have access to the play by play feature. So non supporters dont have acces to this valuable information u propose.For me it is unfair cause such a change is much more benefiting for players who spend lots of time in the game. We need balance imho because players who spend 20-30 minutes per week to set their lineups / training will be at huge disadvantage

This Post:
313636.9 in reply to 313636.6
Date: 02/09/2022 14:05:00
Veyrier Wailers
Nationalliga A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Zion Ocelots
I didn't remember that it was supporter only, you're right.

This Post:
313636.10 in reply to 313636.9
Date: 02/10/2022 02:26:25
Cobra Kai
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Wu Tang Clan
Overall I think your suggestion is great, personally I wouldnt mind if non supporters had access to the play by play feature so everybody can have access to the information you propose. I just dont know if other supporters or the BB's are ok with such a change

This Post:
313636.11 in reply to 313636.7
Date: 02/10/2022 02:54:42
DarkQueen
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
in my league IRL the break is 5 minutes :)