STAR WARS

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/23/2015 06:51:12
TheRainmakers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
PLEASE DO NOT SPOIL THE MOVIE, we may talk later what happened if everyone who wants tonsee it has seen it

So in general I would like to ask you what you think about the movie, was it worth watching it? Did you find it well done? Maybe even an oscar nominee?

For my part I found it rather disappointing, naturally it is still worth watching it because after suvh a long time you can see a new star wars movie.
While i watched it I felt like they sinply reciycled an opd movie and just put a bit of a different story in it. There were even some scenes where I was asking myself if they only put scenes from the old movie in the new one...

Please share your thoughts :)

To: BigT
This Post:
275832.2 in reply to 275832.1
Date: 12/23/2015 07:08:40
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
Same as you, better than I feared, less good than I hoped for.

It's watchable, enjoyable, yet I have seen much better movies than SW on 2015.

This Post:
275832.3 in reply to 275832.1
Date: 12/23/2015 17:11:16
Overall Posts Rated:
agreed for most of the thoughts.

I felt as if i was watching parts of the previous episodes again, but then with better special effects. I'm hoping this film was a necessairy 'evil' to set up the next ones, because i wasn't impressed. Then again, maybe i was expecting to much. the more a film is promoted, the more i expect from it.

What was notoriously absent imo was enough humor. Altho i had a huge laugh with BB8 reaction at some point in the film :P

anyhow, i'll judge the films once we've seen the triology

This Post:
275832.4 in reply to 275832.1
Date: 12/25/2015 08:09:29
RSC Eagles
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry, STAR WARS is not my cup of tea.

It's not that i haven't even tried it, because i have seen two of them, but it just didn't interest me, and could not excite me.

Also i think the whole Star Wars marketing machine is way overdone, but then again, who am i to judge it, and i'm sure all SW fans will contradict me. Which is fine for me, because i couldn't care less about it.

Nevetheless, i am a big fan of SF movies, actually i love good SF movies but the fact is that there are a lot much better SF movies made, than any of the SW movies. In fact, the SW movies really aren't that good if you think about, it's just the whole marketing machine that puts it in motion...

Last edited by Eagle at 12/25/2015 08:16:20

This Post:
275832.5 in reply to 275832.4
Date: 12/25/2015 15:51:19
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
I agree with you, but the originals are part of my childhood, and although I estimate that Interstellar or The MArtian are much better movies, I still have some particuliar affection for SW.

On the other hand, everyone loves Gravity which is just an awful terribad movie, this is what a call a massive disappointment, and the latest SW isn't such thing.

This Post:
275832.7 in reply to 275832.6
Date: 12/26/2015 07:49:48
RSC Eagles
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
But at least were you born!?

Yes Joe, I was 2 years old, already a big boy
But obviously too young to grasp what was going on at that time.

How can you talk about a marketing product in 1977 ?

You are right ofcourse, i actually meant the marketing machine that it became later and certainly that it is today. Because in present time, it is more marketing than anything else. But i agree when you say the first movies were better and were the real "original" ones. Now, it's just about making money, and that's sad. Because i already heard a lot of feedback about SW fans about the last movie, and they weren't really thrilled by it.

But you don't need to get excited about it Joe, i absolutely understand how you feel, because my brother is also a big SW fan...and discussions arise once and again if i dare to touch the subject, lol. Just expressed my own opinion, that's all.

PS : are we trashtalking now before tonight's game ?

Last edited by Eagle at 12/26/2015 08:00:36

This Post:
275832.8 in reply to 275832.7
Date: 12/26/2015 08:03:08
TheRainmakers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I love SF movies as well, but calling SW a merchandising product and nothing else is not really true

I have never bought a single merchandising product from SW and just watch the movies and I am sure there are plenty other people like me

For the movie gravity and the martian, I didn't watch them because I didn't feel like they were a must watch

Another critic I have for the current movie is that at the start they build the new plot very well, but ass soon as they are in this bar things are going to fast it felt like they just rushed through everything, maybe I would have loved to see two smaller movies with great development instead of one big movie that is only half developed

This Post:
275832.11 in reply to 275832.8
Date: 12/26/2015 19:37:41
RSC Eagles
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I love SF movies as well, but calling SW a merchandising product and nothing else is not really true

I have never bought a single merchandising product from SW and just watch the movies and I am sure there are plenty other people like me

I never called it a merchandising product, i called it a marketing machine, that's something very different. The merchandising is only a derivative of that marketing machine.

Long before the movie actually came out, the marketing machine was already running heavily to make everybody warm for the upcoming event. And nothing comparable with any other movie, this was on a whole other level. It was like the whole world suddenly was under the spell of Star Wars. One thing i've gor to hand it to them though, they sure know how to play "the game", if you know what i mean.
The box office records weren't set because of the quality of the movie, they were allready "set" before the movie even came out. That how powerful their marketing machine really is !

Last edited by Eagle at 12/26/2015 19:41:45