This Post:
Date: 02/19/2016 04:34:17
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
Good morning people of BBBL !

And welcome to this new topic covering season 34. First of all I'm absolutely delighted that "Season 33", the previous post about our little division, was the most successful thread ever in Belgium with no less that 291 posts (still increasing maybe ?) and I won't hide that the community makes this game great, so thank you all for taking part in it.

We also can't hide we come down from "only" 84 posts in the season 30 thread, so that's quite an improvement.

Also, welcome new BBBL teams, namely Asingratitos, BC Tienen, transmission and yolymapa ! Don't be shy boys, drop a word by :p

Asingratitos is an experienced manager who already had a top team in Greece, and I'm absolutely delighted they land in the very same conference then Paros Bulls. To all other blue sides : don't hesitate to TIE both of them after they have played each other, you should be fine xD

BC Tienen is of course an "historical" BBBL team with 22 BBBL seasons under the belt, and is probably already aware of what to expect.

And then we have 2 BBBL newbies, both seeded in the red conference, transmission and yolymapa. Both "old" teams (seasons 7 and 6) they had a very interesting path to BBBL, wining without HCA and beating the odds in order to be promoted. Warm welcome, and I dare to say you land in the good conference, as the red one no longer has the crazy level it used to have. I honestly think that surviving the blue side is much more complicated today !

If you need a quick comparison between the blue conference and the red one, based on today's rosters, wages' expenses for all combined teams in the same conference are as follows :

- 3.85 M $ for the red side
- 4.69 M $ for the blue one

Yes, almost 1 more million wage expenses on the blue side, which highlights the power shift in favour of the blue conference that occurred over the last seasons, when Joe, Q, Ventola and myself went into rebuilding. Thus, we will rename the Blue conference (previously known as Deep Sea) Deadly Frost, and the Red side (previously known as Bloodbath) Quiet Sunset.

Congratulations to last seasons' winners, namely Amenra (which wasn't too much of a surprise, since he has the most expensive roste raround) and the inevitable Vottem cowboys, winning a casual title between 2 rebuilding phases, which is absolutely not scary at all.

What can we expect this season ?

Amenra has kept all his champion roster and will probably go for another championship, making a treble, a feat that only 3 teams have accomplished so far in BBBL. Can he be opposed ? Right now I don't see him lose a game if he doesn't want to, but he'll try to win the Cup as well, and he might not have HCA on a play-off game.

This season's finalist, Obira, has the best squad to oppose him, but will he go for it ? Hunter is being sold, will any reinforcement join the fray or will he live a peaceful season ?

And what about Joe ? Yes he's rebuilding, but he made some brave moves on the transfer list securing himself an excellent big man with Legaye, and whie Beeusaert and Pasqui are aging, the trio Ibisov, Marighetti and Rotsaert has now a serious level. I think, as of today, that Joe will be the red side finalist.

I thought Q would be going in all in, but with the departure of 3 key players and no reinforcement yet, I don't see them do more than tank the season with their current roster.

Tumasstars, Providence and Eagles haven't made changes to their roster so far, they will compete for the play-off spots, but in which order ? Can they compete with Amenra at all ? My little favourite is Providence, mostly because I'm such a huge fan of Neudt and Minwei, currently the best PF and SF in Belgium.

What about the newer teams ?

So ... what do you all think ? :p

I start out with my own Spartans : I'm training Frans and Gaethofs and still have no plan to invest money in order to try to win something. I'm taking it slow this season, with maybe

This Post:
277331.5 in reply to 277331.4
Date: 02/19/2016 19:32:17
RSC Eagles
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
The only thing I want is MONEY! But with a staff that costs me more than 120k, it will be hard (impossible to find a new trainer)

Woow Joe, that's quite an expensive staff you got there
Is that all because of your trainer ?

I was able to purchase a new level 5 trainer a season ago for 300K, that seemed like a good deal, when you know that some level 5 coaches are being sold for around 1M. Are you searching for a level 6 trainer maybe ?

Last edited by Eagle at 02/19/2016 19:32:35

This Post:
277331.6 in reply to 277331.1
Date: 02/19/2016 21:11:33
RSC Eagles
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello everybody,

Dartreb, thank you for this fine introduction to the coming season !

And wellcome to all the promoting teams of this season.
One word of advice for the BBBL "freshmen", prepare yourself for a challenging season, as most teams that make their debut in the BBBL generally have a tough first season. So you can call your season a big success if you can avoid relegation in your first season.
As the situation is now, i have to agree with Dartreb that AmenRa looks all set for a possible three-peat, something that only few teams in the past were capable of doing.
But also Joe accomplished an amazing thing in winning the Cup while he has a team that's in a rebuilding phase.

As for me personally, my team is in training mode. The Eagles currently have 4 prospects in training, 3 of which are Belgian players, one is Latvian. So don't expect anything crazy of me this season, as i will just try to make the best of it with my current roster, meaning you will see the same starting five as the last season. Nonetheless, this is a very strong starting five, that is even able to compete with AmenRa, if it weren't for the high number of fouls my team is committing in those important games. In fact Eagles' problem lies more in the depth of its roster, more than anything else.
And training 4 prospects is also gonna cost us a lot of victories in the championship, so our goal this season is just securing a playoff spot, getting as far as possible in the cup, and getting maximum training for our prospects.

Everyone, good luck in the coming season, and may the Gods be with you ;-)

Last edited by Eagle at 02/19/2016 22:48:16

This Post:
277331.7 in reply to 277331.1
Date: 02/20/2016 00:45:38
RSC Eagles
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Asingratitos is an experienced manager who already had a top team in Greece, and I'm absolutely delighted they land in the very same conference then Paros Bulls. To all other blue sides : don't hesitate to TIE both of them after they have played each other, you should be fine xD

You are not the first one from whom i've read about this big rivalry between Paros Bulls and Asingratitos.
Is it really that fierce between those two managers ??
For me, this is a new thing, since i knew nothing about this until recently.

This Post:
277331.8 in reply to 277331.1
Date: 02/20/2016 03:25:32
Overall Posts Rated:
Many thanks for this in depth preview Dartreb and glad to be here in the elite category among the best managers!

For me the goal is of course to avoid last place which is going to be difficult as even the other promoted team has experience in the category... I need to sign some players and at the same time invest in my arena and as the market is currently on an upward trend, buying might be very difficult. But the main objective is to have fun. I was also given a tough first game against AmenRa so I guess in a couple of hours I will be with -60

Saying that there is a rivalry with the cows of Paros is exaggerated, I think our head to head is something like 25-4. He was a good training opponent though . Unfortunately this time he has a head start in the game... He is even awaiting our games whereas in the past he was telling me that he was too busy to set the line-up correctly, that he had got a cold and could not focus ect.

My prediction is that no major change will happen this season, the teams that competed last year will remain in the top. AmenRa has a good chance at threepeat but there wil be fierce competition....I am also awaiting the return of Joe, when it happens that's gonna hurt!

Enjoy the game and have all a good first game

This Post:
277331.10 in reply to 277331.9
Date: 02/20/2016 05:52:19
RSC Eagles
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Yep I'm searching a level 6 but impossible to find under 1.5M. Moreover mine is "carreer extension" which is very useful for a player like Beeusaert. Actually my trainer costs me 73k, I've also a doctor level 6 (27k, I should replace him), and a PR level 5 (23k).

Your doctor and PR man seem at a reasonable salary level, although your doctor could be replaced. Another doctor for a good price and salary is pretty easy to find. Its particularly your trainer that's doing the hurting there, and a new trainer for a reasonable price is not easy to find at all these days! I was searching for a new one for a long time, until fortunately the right opportunity came by. A level 6 trainer is costly though, i was once searching for one but decided to go with a level 5 because of my need for cash.

Last edited by Eagle at 02/20/2016 05:55:58

This Post:
277331.11 in reply to 277331.10
Date: 02/20/2016 05:55:56
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
Prices have gone totally crazy, not just for players but also for trainers which seems to indicate that the teams have too much cash (yes, that's possible).

With the luxury hoarding tax, teams will be encouraged to spend even more money, meaning that prices should go up even more this season before things stabilize.

That's really difficult to plan anything with such a market, when a single good player will cost you 5 M (unless 34 yos of course).