This Post:
279637.2 in reply to 279637.1
Date: 05/28/2016 09:25:12
Arsenal 98
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stamford Snow Leopards
A transfer summary and related thoughts for those who have better things to do than analyse BB this much:

Trix : no changes. Look very strong, top players are 29-30 so have a few years at their best left yet. 1st.

Gwent: one big signing, no outgoings. Salary and DMI suggest they should be one of the best teams in the division but need to turn around their form from the end of last season. Good mix of ages. 2nd?

Arab: one 250k in, one youth out. Beasty centres but on paper at least might need one better player somewhere else. Did really well in the playoffs last season though so who am I to doubt things. Mostly getting old. 3rd?

JA Miami: one 1.1m signing, 3 old guys out for 650k (one starter). Unlucky in the playoffs? Great for the first season but also was that the best chance to make d1? Getting old, probably needs a player or two to equal last season. 4th.

Olympi: one signing, 499k (sub?), 3 old guys out for 500k (all borderline starters?). Beasty centre, I assume some signings are coming to replace the guys who left, otherwise looking vulnerable. 6th

BC Reds: no signings, lost 2 starters for 10k. 3 quality starters (two beasts) and one youth who looks to be progressing well, but really in trouble if they don't sign at least one more starter. Salampessy and Damiano were declining but it's a big chunk of assists and rebounds to replace and with their selling prices (depressing) there's maybe not much cash to do it? Ended the season in horrible form. 7th.

Winsford: no change. 8th.

Me: 2.4m on 3.5 or 4 starters, out: 1.25m for 4 old guys, 1.15m on two players I was training + one draft pick this year. One starter + one other trainee listed (latter has an opening bid already). I didn't realise before summarising this that I'd spent and brought in exactly the same amount. My salary is a fair bit higher though. I've got a few more changes to make too...I suppose by default that means I expect 5th. I'd like to aim for 4th though, a playoff challenge will be a nice change from my basement dwelling / last minute escapes.

Frankly I'm less interested in the other side but there's not loads of change outside of Narborough, who are the only team rivaling me for the most transfer activity this year, and looks to have signed 3 decent new starters.

One interesting thing that might make a difference, rivalries: Gwent and Trix seem to have been punished for looking strong on paper and are 2 other teams rivalree (is this a word?), on the other hand JA Miami get lucky and have 0, as do Winsford, but that's probably not enough good news for them considering...I get lucky too as Winsford are the team who have me.

Our draft didn't look to have the best set of players but I got my first two picks somehow. I'm training the first and got 250k+ for the 2nd so I'm happy. Anyone else done well?

Well this wasted some time :D I'll let someone else say something.

edit: I should also say good luck, so: good luck in the first game and I hope you set your arena prices well ;)

Last edited by Bergkamp at 05/28/2016 09:29:35

This Post:
279637.3 in reply to 279637.2
Date: 05/28/2016 16:43:15
Arsenal 98
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stamford Snow Leopards
Why not have a week 1 summary today as well:

Day 1 (Saturday 28 May 2016) : Performances by http://www.buzzer-manager.com

Night results
Baldock Bullets 102 - A Dogs 87
Deviate 69 - Halucagenic Dayglo 114
Beckton 76 - HK Stars 96
Narborough Pheonix 99 - St James Seahawks 135
Arab city 86 - Triximos Tricks 99
Gwent Galacticos 108 - OLYMPIACOS 1925 105
Arsenal 98 98 - Bc Reds 73
JA Miami 97 - Winsford Wildcats 77

Best collective performance of the evening
Rebounds : 56 : Halucagenic Dayglo
Assists : 32 : JA Miami
Steals : 14 : HK Stars
Block Shots : 14 : A Dogs

Personal best performances of the evening
Rebounds : 20 : G. Nogala (Halucagenic Dayglo)
Assists : 10 : S. Deshpande (HK Stars)
Steals : 5 : S. Marshall (A Dogs), A. Burdzy (Deviate)
Block Shots : 6 : I. Grove (A Dogs)

Top 5 of the evening
Point Guard : S. Deshpande (HK Stars) (22 Points, 6 Rebounds, 10 Assists, 3 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 32
Shooting Guard : A. Dreksler (St James Seahawks) (40 Points, 4 Rebounds, 1 Assists, 1 Steals, 0 Block Shots), F. Enoch (Gwent Galacticos) (15 Points, 3 Rebounds, 7 Assists, 2 Steals, 1 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 26
Small Forward : T. Parus (St James Seahawks) (58 Points, 6 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 2 Steals, 2 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 60
Power Forward : H. Mingjia (Triximos Tricks) (18 Points, 10 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 2 Steals, 2 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 31
Center : F. Ruiz (OLYMPIACOS 1925) (23 Points, 11 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 1 Steals, 4 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 35

MVP of the evening
T. Parus (St James Seahawks) (58 Points, 6 Rebounds, 5 Assists, 2 Steals, 2 Block Shots) : Efficiency : 60

The bad performance of the evening
P. Yuzpullenko (HK Stars) (2 Points, 2 Rebounds, 0 Assists, 1 Steals, 0 Block Shots) : Efficiency : -5

All kinds of statistics
The player who forgot to remove his mittens : K. Jachimowicz (Bc Reds), H. Lill (Beckton), P. Brzezinka (Winsford Wildcats) : 6 Turnovers

Player targeted by the referees : F. Zennaro (HK Stars), R. Sebastiani (Narborough Pheonix), É. Fajardo (Winsford Wildcats) : 6 Personnal Fouls

The iron-man : Y. Tselios (HK Stars), L. Nahit (HK Stars), K. Burrows (Arsenal 98), A. Dreksler (St James Seahawks), T. Parus (St James Seahawks), S. Marshall (A Dogs), I. Grove (A Dogs), F. Ruiz (OLYMPIACOS 1925), A. Zemliauskas (JA Miami) : 48 Minutes

The shooter : A. Dreksler (St James Seahawks) : 8 Three points

The best performer : G. Nogala (Halucagenic Dayglo), F. Ruiz (OLYMPIACOS 1925) : Rating : 14.5

The worst performer : I. Grove (A Dogs), M. Szeto (Bc Reds) : Rating : 4.0

A very impressive debut from St James Seahawks. I'm virtually anonymous in the stats today. Based on my preview, I suppose all the red side games went as expected. Maybe Winsford will be slightly encouraged that their loss wasn't huge.

This Post:
279637.4 in reply to 279637.3
Date: 05/28/2016 19:43:07
Triximos Tricks
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh dear, I guess this means I'm meant to do good this season. I hope it works out!

Thanks for doing this, was a nice read :)

This Post:
279637.5 in reply to 279637.3
Date: 05/29/2016 09:33:04
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I might have to steal your idea and do the same.

This Post:
279637.6 in reply to 279637.5
Date: 05/31/2016 08:41:46
Arsenal 98
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stamford Snow Leopards
Well, last night I dreamt I signed an aging Tim Duncan as my backup big. Only 14k salary and still had 14 ID! I'll take one of those in reality pls.

This Post:
279637.7 in reply to 279637.6
Date: 05/31/2016 18:51:13
Overall Posts Rated:
great job again great thread....i think its time for a relegation and hopefully i end up in another league II...i cant imagine any of other leagues are so tough and one sided...even though this year blue does look a bit stronger.....

but indeed my players are older, so best to drop, and collect money and change squad and hopefully get promotion to another II.

This Post:
279637.8 in reply to 279637.3
Date: 06/04/2016 07:31:42
Overall Posts Rated:
Great previews, thanks for these.

Looking at the squad strengths I guess I need to put in a strong challenge this season, plus have as you say been going a long time in this division, my theory was that if kept refreshing my squad rather than making one big push eventually i would outlast some aging teams, but credit to Arab and Triximos in particular for keeping strong for a long time as well.

Will definitely have to do better than very lucky win against Triximos, got my tactics wrong and for some reason my coach dropped two players out of the rotation against instructions, leaving me with 6 man rotation.

This Post:
279637.9 in reply to 279637.8
Date: 07/01/2016 09:27:27
Arsenal 98
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stamford Snow Leopards
Some kinda update, it's been quiet.

I'm still annoyed about the loss to Gwent earlier this seson. Bought the home advantage PR guy a few hours before the game but the auction got held up and wasn't processed until after. In a 4 point loss I think it would've been enough to make the difference...I'd join the group on 8-2 with Gwent only one game ahead and things look allaround closer / more interesting. *grumble*

Based on the cup we're officially the best division 2 currently, no other div2 has more than 4 teams left. *cool* Can I have the award because of my beating EBBL teams? :p

So...today I decided not to sell Weir. Or more accurately he had a bid of 600k on him (I started the auction at 500k) and I bid 800k...If he went for more then fine. He didn't, I get to keep him...cool. Happy to pay 5% of the sale for this.

Things I didn't know: the sale percentage is reset! Down to 35%...I'm definitely not selling for a while now. Also: game shape reduction. They really are treated like normal transfers...I'm still learning I guess :) It's ruined my fancy almost perfect game shape for all my best players this week though.

Looking around: Dayglo look like the former EBBL side that they are, and are cruising the blue side. They're about to hit the tough run of the top 5 in red, in a row though. Will be interesting to see how they do, and which of us looks best against them...

You're spending some money over there Arab ;) so much for any of us having an easy ride to the top 4.

This Post:
279637.10 in reply to 279637.9
Date: 07/06/2016 08:12:29
Triximos Tricks
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not too mad about losing to Gwent. He isn't managing enthusiasm well after CT'ing to force a few wins. I'm just a bit bugged that his game day tactics and defence were focussed in wrong places and it was such a close game. I'm starting off the season a bit better than last season, and I think I will get some easyish wins in the cross conference matches, with a hard match vs Dayglo.

Good luck for the coming matches guys, greetings from Spain, holiday time! :-)

This Post:
279637.11 in reply to 279637.9
Date: 07/08/2016 03:39:43
Overall Posts Rated:
hehehehe yea just a bit, my plan for season was to sell old players, even get relegated and try to get up in another league II....but then changed my mind and thought i stick around and give it a shot.... :) dont like giving up....so decided to spend a bit. :) its going to be interesting end of season and for sure this time someone from red side will go up...blue, unless big money is spend have no hope........

This Post:
279637.12 in reply to 279637.11
Date: 07/23/2016 15:41:39
Reds BC
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi im back! :D

Advertisement