This Post:
Date: 03/25/2021 20:11:35
Forza Jazz
III.12
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Forza Juventus
Hi everyone,

As a long time BuzzerBeater coach (10+ years) I am just as anxious and excited to have a BB mobile app as all of you are. Unfortunately we will be starting the project from the very beginning. But this gives you the opportunity to see its progress in the coming weeks and months and to give feedback directly to the development team.

In this forum we will be discussing the new app. We would love your input on everything from design ideas to features and functionality.

This Post:
308837.3 in reply to 308837.1
Date: 03/26/2021 06:03:22
Meidling Parrots
Bundesliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Miami Parrots
Good luck! I take the liberty to repost my feature proposal from two years ago, hey, it got 20 balls (297512.3) Maybe this would not be part of the minimum viable product but a second stage release aimed at acquiring new users coming in via app stores.

The main issue here is how to bridge the expectations for a mobile-based game and the slow-paced Buzzerbeater world.

A new user, who has never heard of Buzzerbeater, finds the game by searching for "basketball manager" in an appstore. He registers and finds out that the next game is in three days...

At this point, there should be a practice environment in place that gives him some satisfactory experiences. It should be possible to play a quick practice game at any point in time. Why not add a "3x3 basketball mode" to clearly differentiate: 3x3 would use a very simple new game engine that runs completely on the mobile device, games would be short - 6 minutes? -, against random bot teams, and count for nothing. Players are hired from a fake, device-based "3x3 street player market", max. skill level 7 but using the original Buzzerbeater player skill system with comparable meanings, 3x3 players can be hired at any point from a limited supply wiithout spending Buzzerbeater money. At the end of the introductory period which poses some challenges in the 3x3 world, a few 3x3 players can be promoted to the real team.

The promise of the real, slow, server based game to the new user is presented as its "world-beating realistic 5x5 game engine", its "live global player market", its "tough economic simulation", its "longterm training system". New users are then gradually released into the server-based game world, but anyone with the app can at any point return to the 3x3 world for a quick basic arcade game.

Game viewer: maybe a text-based play-by-play with a scoreboard and boxscore would be enough for a start.

added later: The idea was to have a very basic game engine for these 3x3 games, so that it can be part of the app code and run on the mobile phone without any interaction with the game server. 3x3 would be an arcade mode for a little quick fix of phone entertainment while waiting for that next 5x5 league game two days ahead.

This Post:
308837.4 in reply to 308837.3
Date: 03/26/2021 09:53:48
DoctorKill
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Gabi Yohpaz U21S47 World champion
To me a 1.5x/2x speed server seems inevitable for BB in order to really grow because BB is just too slow for too many people, u might be able to help it with ideas like you presented but people will have enough of 3x3 pretty quick since its just a feature that even if they enjoy it its not the real deal and then like you said in that post, his next BB game is in 3 days.

I mean we had a discussion about it with Marin here (304302.36) but we got nowhere, Marin said he can throw a vote about something like that in utopia but again nothing. When we talk about faster schedule it feels like people think BB will be like all other games when you can play all day and you need to invest hours every day to play like, but god no, for that we will have to speed BB up in like 10x 20x, 2x require just 10m 15m every 1-2 days.

Most people that look for games in their appstore are young so when we get an app we really have to target more people than just old people that wanna play a game that requires them to invest 20 minutes the whole week, otherwise its just a waste of time and money and instead we can just improve the website so it will be comfortable to do things through the phone...

U21 World Champion twice in a row S47&S49

This Post:
308837.5 in reply to 308837.4
Date: 03/26/2021 10:17:54
J&J team
SKL
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand your point but on the other side what makes BB what it is, is exactly this slow pace.

The idea of Joey Ka to implement something fast pace but keep the original structure of the game itself seems like a really good way to challenge the demand for faster pace. But maybe you can use this 3x3 platform to play real players like to have a tournaments where you would have 4 players and you will have to distribute 100 skill points to each one. This will create highly competitive environment where everyone could play against the players from the whole world.. this tournamenst will take place every day and thw winner will get some kind of trophy. just the idea to implement somethin with fast pace without interupting the original game..

This Post:
308837.6 in reply to 308837.5
Date: 03/26/2021 10:53:16
DoctorKill
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
What makes BB great is not just its slow pace, the game engine, the players, the training, the NT and the U21, B3, the transfer market, basically almost everything else besides the pace is a thing. BB is hella slow and whatever games today considered slow, BB is 10+ times slower so there is no scenerio with 2x speed server or even 1.5x that BB will get close anywhere to the pace of games nowdays.

Joey's idea is just a temporary solution that won't work long term IMO and what you suggested to add to his idea if i understand correctly is a bit more complex? can just get the faster server with that time/money.

This Post:
308837.7 in reply to 308837.6
Date: 03/26/2021 13:17:28
J&J team
SKL
Overall Posts Rated:
I really like NT games, but with the faster server everythin would be crowded. You are actualy saying to put 2 BBweeks inside one. How would you arrange all the games during that span?

This Post:
308837.8 in reply to 308837.7
Date: 03/26/2021 16:39:03
DoctorKill
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
I really like NT and U21 games too, training and those games are mostly the reason I actually still play BB.

Thing is, if you define crowded compare to our current schedule, everything will be crowded. The current situation is just ridiculously slow, the current situation only serves the top 100 top 200 in the world, they are having fun with meaningful games on wednesday and thursday almost the whole season while most users lose in the cup after couple of weeks and don't play B3.
The current situation is just insane, except the B3 and long cup run teams, most teams have only 2 games in 7 days! you could say many teams are interested in NT/U21 games, then i agree with you but those teams barely watch games, in our best seasons in israel where we won WC twice in a row, in most of our games we were just 4 5 people who watched, in the WC finals we maybe had 10-15, but this is just 1 game out of 14-15, and just 10-15 people, say we play Poland and 30-40 polish people watch, its just 50-60 people out of 13k users.
Since nobody watch their SC games, only 2 games at best case scenerio that people can enjoy from, in 7 days.

If you define crowded compare to games nowdays, 2x server for a top 100 200 in the world is still kind of a joke, in other games you will have to spend hours every day to maintain your rank while in BB and 2x server, it could still take you sometimes just 10 minutes that day, 30 minutes in the other day, someday u can just log in, set the regular lineup and log out because there is no thinking to do that day.

In 2x speed server, the people who are not within the top 200(say the B3 and long run cup managers) will actually have a nice time, 4 league games in 7 days, in early season they will have 6 games including cup, so even in 2x server you have a free day for most of the users, 2 training days(tell me its not a wet dream for people who train lol).

It will probably never be the current server, the 2x server will have to be an additional server and honestly I don't see any other way for BB to survive if it won't adjust itself to 2021 and numbers approve it-
4 years ago BB had 17.5k users
3 years ago BB had 15.6k users.
2 year ago BB had 14.4k users.
1 year ago before Corona virus, we had 13.3k users, during the pandemic we gained users for obvious reasons and reached 13.7k
Now we have 12.8k.
Without even talking about the time periods BB had 20k 30k 40k.

I see some people claim the app will solve BB problem, the question is who's even looking for games in the appstore? young people. If you aim for people who are 30-50 years old with jobs and family that have 10 minutes a week to play a game then BB shouldn't even get an app because those people are not there.
Of course BB should aim for younger ages than 30 and those type of people won't play a game where they have nothing to do on the game for 5 days, a game that they will have to wait 4 days from their game in tuesday untill their game at saturday.
They will just forget about BB.

This Post:
308837.10 in reply to 308837.3
Date: 03/27/2021 07:54:44
mamelete
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
mamelete II
I think there are a lot of goo ideas in your post, but in the fisrt time it would be a web's complement.

in the future APP should be oriented to interact with users. In this point it has already many applications as bbmail, transfers, looking for players, conference chats... and of course, live viewer

I woudn`t complicate at this moment

Yo no pacto, nos vemos en las canchas.
This Post:
308837.11 in reply to 308837.1
Date: 03/27/2021 12:09:53
Torniquetes Jumpers
III.12
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Bullangeros

As everyone told here, the biggest problem is the slow pace of the game if we want to attract new users in mobile app.

I think a new server with a faster pace is an interesting option but i think that we can point our efforts in new features and aims to keep the people playing everyday.

Examples:
- Add new divisions cups as a 3rd competition, i mean the II league cup, in this cup will participate all the teams in IIs leagues from a country, and the same thing for all the divisions. In this way we will have more matches without changes to our current competitions.

- Use the actual system of achievements to obtain rewards as money, young players, to health injuries, to extend the arena, improve shape of a player, give stamina, or a lot of rewards that helps moderately to your team. In this way new users always will have something to do, even if there is not matches in a day.

- Add a system of quick scrimmages, but this quick scrimmages can be used to get experience and training too, maybe with only a 10% or less than a normal match.

there are a lot of ways to get more fun daily in a game that only add more faster servers and making our current schedule faster.