Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
313208.9 in reply to 313208.8
Date: 01/12/2022 19:54:35
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry, but your suggestions are always a bit too complicated.

I want to take that as a compliment coming from you sir... Thanks

Team A bids $10K, Team B bids $1M. Nobody else think it's wise to outbid it. Team B cancels its bid, Team A wins the auction at $10k. That could be a collusion to get cheap picks.

Team A bids $500k, Team B bids $510k. Time passes. Noone else outbid B. Team B cancels its bid. Suddenly, Team A has to pay $500k if for one reason or another he isn't there to cancel its bid.

Team A bids $10K, Team B bids $1M. Nobody else think it's wise to outbid it. Team B cancels its bid, Team A wins the auction at $10k. Team C, the seller, who was planning on getting a million gets $10k.

Thank you for pointing out the issue...

Sorry that I was not that precise on painting out what is on my mind... I could have probably have used Bidding Table instead of Bidwars... I'm very sorry.

But I can imagine that the Seller after posting his minimum bid for an exchange of Draft Positions before the Playoff Games Start... clears up a Table open for the other teams in his Conference to individually post their offer. That is very flexible for every Team Owners to change what they offer coz after every Gameday the Seller's Draft Position can change... So we need a way to be able to retract/pull out/cancel offers if need be... and the Retractor doesn't need to be banned/restricted to join again... We just need home time to let the remaining bidders adjust their offers after a Major bidder pulled out.

Adjusting a Price is different from Cancelling the offer.

within the 24 hours before the Deadline... bidders cant cancel their offers anymore... and if there is the same amount of Price offer the same time extension system for bidders can be implemented where they can only increase their offer or stop doing so.

And as far as I understand your suggestion, we are not talking anymore about trading. Just buying picks. And if you are only talking about trading draft picks, what's the point in exchanging draft picks ?

Sorry for not being clear the first time... But the idea is to offer a price for an exchange Team of Draft Positions before the PO Games start.

The Point of Exchanging Draft Picks is for the higher seed Teams to be able to acquire a Better Drafting Position if they choose to... If they want to start Training a Rookie... And If they have the means to be fully invested on the Draft for the season.

Last edited by Bro_Khen at 01/12/2022 19:56:00

This Post:
313208.11 in reply to 313208.10
Date: 01/13/2022 05:02:00
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
But what does the lower ranked team gets ?

Money ? We are not talking about trading anymore. Just selling and buying draft picks.

Yep Primarily Money Sir... IMO its a trade coz it includes the exchange of Rounds Drafting Positions for the teams involved in the transaction.

Exchange of draft picks ? So you give away the second choice of the draft in exchange of the 16th and 32th ? Not exactly great. If you invested in the draft, better to use it on the 2nd choice. If you didn't, those two picks are even more useless than they originally are.

Great idea sir would make it more realism... but what I have in mind is only per Round Draft Pick Position Trading... but this what you said could also be great if can be implemented.

My interest is Training a Homegrown players... I have also Invested all my Scouting Point Points this season and found the 2 5/5 Draftees... but Being the 3rd Rank Team... My Team only received my 3rd Preference...
https://www.buzzerbeater.com/league/2004/draftSummary.aspx

We all feel/think different... and it kinda show that we have a different level of interest in terms of the Drafting element... But If I there's a way that a Promoting team that is willing to Train Draftees can have a better Drafting position... I think it would be great. But I am not married to the idea... I just shared it... coz I believe that Draft Position Trading is way better than Conference Player Trades as to what the Original topic is about.

Imagine if I got 3 good Draft prospects... But Ranked 3rd. We can probably choose Trading our 28th Pick to 17th,18th or 19th... and will get a good change of at least getting 1 of our 3 top Prospects... and how much would the 2nd Round picks can be bought? if it is probably below 50K ill take it.

This Post:
313208.13 in reply to 313208.12
Date: 01/13/2022 06:39:45
$uperiors
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
$uperiors II
I agree that pick trades or buyouts would be interesting, for all teams actually because it adds more strategic choices on the table. Draft as it is now is already one of the best features in the game, so it would be really bad to mess it up. Nevertheless, here is my 2 cents at it:

There could be a site with draft picks in each round (1 - 16) listed with teams that currently hold each of the picks. In that site, other teams could add a public offer, seen to everyone, or alternatively the details about the offer could be hidden, but I would put a general information out there like: team X has shown interest in team Y draft pick. Offer example: Team B (currently 8th team in league standings) offers it's first round pick and 300.000 for team A first round pick (worse team in league). There could also be team C (13th team in league standings), which offers 150.000 and it's first round pick or team D (best in the league) which offers 800.000 and it's first round pick. Then, team A has certain time period (like three days) to either declines offers or pick one. I would also put option for teams to make a public statement that they are interested to trade their picks (team X has interest to trade their 1. round draft pick). Time window when pick trades can be offered and made should be carefully selected, maybe at allstar weekend (when it is boring for most BB comunity and teams have in general good feeling about their end standing) and until the playoffs. Of course, certain teams could end up season on winning or loosing strake and that change their drafting position, but that risk could be allowed or, alternatively, put time window for trades like 1 or 2 games before playoffs.

Cheers

Last edited by julo at 01/13/2022 06:49:15