BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Elastic effect: SB or ID?

Elastic effect: SB or ID?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/22/2022 10:54:50
Macerata Folli
IV.52
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Macerata Drunkens
Hi guys.

Just a simple question.

For you, is ID who is mostly trained by SB or vice versa?

This Post:
313506.2 in reply to 313506.1
Date: 01/22/2022 11:20:37
BC "EDI"
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Actually a great training facility
ID first ALWAYS. It literally gives elasticity effect to all 3 other inside skills

This Post:
313506.3 in reply to 313506.1
Date: 01/22/2022 21:06:05
ExplosiveBubbleWrap
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BubblesExploded
Yep ID first.

Bubbles BuzzerBeater Official YouTube Channel:(https://www.youtube.com/@BubblesBuzzerBeater)
This Post:
313506.5 in reply to 313506.4
Date: 01/23/2022 12:30:27
Macerata Folli
IV.52
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Macerata Drunkens
Thank you for the reply.

However, the situation is different. I bought this big man with the plan to make him a great inside defender.

Daniel Kwade (50379548)

Height: 7'4" / 224 cm
Potential: hall of famer [27% - 29%]
Game Shape: respectable
Jump Shot: pitiful Jump Range: atrocious
Outside Def.: respectable Handling: pitiful
Driving: atrocious Passing: pitiful
Inside Shot: pitiful Inside Def.: respectable
Rebounding: respectable Shot Blocking: respectable
Stamina: pitiful Free Throw: mediocre

The plan is to train him up to 20 ID, 20 SB and 20 RB. The most I can in OD, HN and PAS.

So IS must be as low as possible because it will increase my salary unnecessarily.
So my idea is to start with ID up to 16 more or less, then move on to OD and SB (so that with the decimals of OD and SB also ID will increase to 20, but it will not increase anymore IS which is directly trailed by ID).

This was my idea. But then I read on the forum that ID is very SB-driven. But How much? More or less than SB train ID?

This is my doubt.

If it were true that SB trains ID than the other way around, then perhaps it is a better idea to start with SB.

I hope I have clarified better

Last edited by Antraxx83 at 01/23/2022 12:32:02

This Post:
313506.6 in reply to 313506.5
Date: 01/23/2022 14:05:53
white snake
Bundesliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
This guy is 224cm high and OD will be a pain. I trained already some bigs/players like you intend to. Also currently I build one in Utopia (Vidma).
My training plan is a different one than most of the other managers post.

I always start with SB. Train it until you receive an up. Go to RB and train it until an up. Than ID. Most of the time, you will need only one more week ID Training thanks to the subtraining. Between 13 and 16 you have to stop and switch to OD. Push it until your target (trains ID too). Than ttain his passing and as the last push, go back to SB/RB/ID. Finish him inside.

This Post:
313506.7 in reply to 313506.5
Date: 01/23/2022 14:18:49
Syndicalists' BC
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
When training, I tend to keep SB a few levels higher than ID. But before either, I'd start with the handling or 1 on 1.
And would also echo that his height is going to be an issue for training secondaries. Getting to 20/20/20 will be easy, but will have expensive salary and not worth much to sell if he doesn't have good secondaries. He could be a very good U21 player though.

This Post:
313506.9 in reply to 313506.8
Date: 01/23/2022 17:03:34
white snake
Bundesliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
Nope, his height wouldn't stop me. Here my reason:
He is so tall that his inside training will be pretty fast. So he will cap him early and sit on an expensive player without good B-skills. So take the time, train his OD to 10 or so.

On a pure defense big I don't want DR. Haek had no 1on1 training and ended up with DR 11 which was to high. He took too many shots.

What do you mean with "he will get plenty from ID"? I don't get this.

The fast training which you discribe is from ID, or? I don't Issue your data. I am talking about another way of training.
SB training gives sub training to ID and I think RB (this I have to look up in my data). RB gives sub training to ID.
I take this training for a balanced plan. SB-RB-ID and repeat. With this I can control the three skills better and hold them on the same level or in the ratio which I want. Maybe it is not the fastest way but sometimes more efficient. The ratio of ID and SB is an important factor for such bigs. ID>SB has another effect on the plays than SB>ID.

With the change of the GE this season, I had to rework my plan for Vidma. This costs me around one season but I will still reach the wished skillset.

This Post:
313506.11 in reply to 313506.6
Date: 01/23/2022 19:37:25
Macerata Folli
IV.52
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Macerata Drunkens
This guy is 224cm high and OD will be a pain. I trained already some bigs/players like you intend to. Also currently I build one in Utopia (Vidma).
My training plan is a different one than most of the other managers post.

I always start with SB. Train it until you receive an up. Go to RB and train it until an up. Than ID. Most of the time, you will need only one more week ID Training thanks to the subtraining. Between 13 and 16 you have to stop and switch to OD. Push it until your target (trains ID too). Than ttain his passing and as the last push, go back to SB/RB/ID. Finish him inside.

But when you say to start with SB and RB and train them only until an up .... '' an up "...do you mean just one level more than the starting one?
I honestly don't understant the logic of this thing.

However it doesn't seem to me that apart from this starting whit a add level in SB and Rb, your plan is too different from what I thought it would be.

My principal doubt is SB and then ID or viceversa. In Italian forum many managers write that id is very driven by sb but not exactly how much, also because sb is an untrained skill and therefore there is not much data available.

On Coach Parrot SB is more ID-driven than the other way around, but coach parrot is not the bible.

Chapter DR......obviously I would like my player to have as little dr as possible, because dr helps him to take more shots .... but while doing all the possible training simulations I saw that there is no salvation. If you train HN, even if you start from low DR level (like my player, whom I looked for with very low is and dr obviously), hn will pull dr up to almost equal his level.

Last edited by Antraxx83 at 01/24/2022 06:10:08