Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/03/2022 14:48:30
Bonsai Bruins Basketball
IV.19
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
YÅ«gen Bruins
I think NT coaches should ask players skills to the manager, not take him in NT just to check. I find this very unpolite and it's good for the game to improve communication between managers.
And I think too that managers should approuve that their players go in NT or not. I want to chose if send my player in NT or not just like in NBA. This will improve too a good communication between managers and also the fact that rich teams maybe will try to keep nt players in their country.

This Post:
315952.3 in reply to 315952.2
Date: 08/03/2022 16:34:54
Bonsai Bruins Basketball
IV.19
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
YÅ«gen Bruins
Apart the NT coach knowing the skills of a player which is frowned upon if the player has no NT future, there are no downside of having a player called/be in the NT.

Having to ask individually dozens of managers to be able to call a player would be an horrible hassle. Especially as 10 to 20% would never answer and some would answer a week later.

Such a suggestion would be perfect to take NT players hostage and kill part of the NT world.

I disagree, I do not see how it could kill NT world, it only reduces choices for a NT coach. If draft is random, NT have no assurance to have good players, so it's just as it was a bad draft and there will be some player less for NT.
Batum will not play next European Championship, France will play in any case, there will be another player at Batum place.
Ask individually is easy solved, players who wants their player in NT could just contact NT coaches and/or add a button on/off to let a player available or not for NT.

About skills, well, I'm not happy that someone, without asking, knows how my players are. I do not know how it will use this info and as manager I'd have the choice to let know to someone else know how strong are my players. I could have a NT coach in my DIV and he'll know how is my team. It's totally unfair. Or to avoid that I have to buy all players outside the country I'm playing in. It still is unfair.

This Post:
315952.4 in reply to 315952.3
Date: 08/03/2022 17:14:56
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Perpete is right. Even you admit it would reduce choices, you just underestimate how many. It would be difficult for most countries to field a lineup if NT managers had to wait for permission, and then have managers refuse permission because someone cab see the skills of one of your players?

You're asking for a massive shake up to solve a miniscule problem.

This Post:
315952.5 in reply to 315952.4
Date: 08/03/2022 17:44:20
Bonsai Bruins Basketball
IV.19
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
YÅ«gen Bruins
Perpete is right. Even you admit it would reduce choices, you just underestimate how many. It would be difficult for most countries to field a lineup if NT managers had to wait for permission, and then have managers refuse permission because someone cab see the skills of one of your players?

You're asking for a massive shake up to solve a miniscule problem.

Not one of my players, all of them if I buy players from my country. It's not a minuscule problem, it's huge problem for a fair game. Give an advantage such this to a player just because is NT coach (elected btw in the ridicoulous way nt coaches are elected) it's extremely unfair: in top div this could be quite an edge for nt coach or his friends, because we all know that every coach has a team with which he shares informations. Massive shake up just for those who cares about NT or taking an unfair advantage on other players. I still do not see the point in being able to see skills without asking, a lot of scouts write a pm to managers to ask skills and discuss training, I find it a very good thing, I do not see how make this the obvious way of interacting with other managers if interested in players.

This Post:
315952.8 in reply to 315952.3
Date: 08/04/2022 04:32:27
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
While I have sympathy for your suggestion, the way you're currently laying it out has a very big impact. I say this as NT manager, but also as a team manager, and I would have hoped that other NT managers would at least show a bit more sympathy for the suggestion despite the impact.

Maybe there's a way to ensure more agency of a club over it's players with a much smaller impact. It could be a small step if a team could have a setting that indicates it does not wish his players to be called up to the NT. If that setting is on, the NT coach gets a warning when calling up the player informing him the team does not wish to be called up and has to confirm ("are you sure" popup) if he wants to call up anyway.

This way, coaches can still do their job the way they do now (with only in a small % of cases a need for an extra click to confirm), but there's an opening in communication about the wishes of the team. I know this does not give the team the power to prevent it, but it might be a step in the right direction that works for both sides.

As a sidenote, the comparison with the real world doesn't hold up because the main reasons players are not playing for their NT is because they can get injured or fatigued, neither is the case in Buzzerbeater.

Last edited by JerĆ¼nderbar at 08/04/2022 10:33:55

This Post:
315952.9 in reply to 315952.1
Date: 08/04/2022 04:57:01
Shrewsbury Honeybadgers
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
Who hurt you?

If you donā€™t want your players on the U21/NT then either donā€™t train them to that caliber or keep them in bad Game Shape. You already have those options which prevent the U21/NT from even wanting your players.

This Post:
315952.10 in reply to 315952.9
Date: 08/04/2022 05:12:54
NakamichiDragons
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Little Computer People
Who hurt you?

If you donā€™t want your players on the U21/NT then either donā€™t train them to that caliber or keep them in bad Game Shape. You already have those options which prevent the U21/NT from even wanting your players.

101% nonsense (to avoid any bad language šŸ˜‚)
Usually you want your own players in good game shape to have them as key-players of your team.
I never heard, that someone trains players to U21-/NT-Level and keeps them in bad shape to avoid that they are nominated for the National ā€¦ and i do not know anyone who heard about something like this šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Last edited by LA-flaterik123 at 08/04/2022 05:17:47

founded in S3 IV.5 (34234) - returned in S28 IV.7 (34515)
This Post:
315952.11 in reply to 315952.10
Date: 08/04/2022 05:37:46
Shrewsbury Honeybadgers
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
Youā€™ve never been blessed to know the manager that was Zenith šŸ˜‚