Date: 03/07/2024 10:11:52
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Currently when scouting this potential balls are as follows:

5 balls = 9 - 11 (MVP - All-time Great)
4 balls = 7 - 8 (Perennial Allstar - Superstar)
3 balls = 5 - 6 (Star - Allstar)
2 balls = 3 - 4 (6th Man - Starter)
1 ball = 0 - 2 (Announcer - Role Player)

There is a massive difference in drafting an MVP as opposed to a HOF, which are both 5 balls, that I feel a change is necessary. There's also a similar discrepancy in the difference between a 6th man (which is the highest potential that is currently useless) and a starter that a change can be made there.

I propose that the following categories would be a massive improvement.

5 balls = 10 - 11 (HOF - ATG)
4 balls = 8 - 9 (Superstar - MVP)
3 balls = 6 - 7 (Allstar - Perennials Allstar)
2 balls = 4 - 5 (Starter - Star)
1 ball = 0 - 3 (BB Staff Member - 6th Man)

Last edited by Gully Foyle at 03/07/2024 10:12:21

This Post:
323188.2 in reply to 323188.1
Date: 03/07/2024 10:12:52
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Also, someone should tell me how to spell potential.

This Post:
323188.3 in reply to 323188.1
Date: 03/07/2024 12:27:57
BC "EDI"
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Actually a great training facility
Im against this because this season BB added a 5* potential for each league, meaning the market would be immediately flooded with HOF potential making any other draftee useless.

This Post:
323188.6 in reply to 323188.1
Date: 03/07/2024 16:49:31
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
I agree there is a big difference between MVP and HOF, but I like the current way as it adds a luck factor. It would be less interesting if you knew getting the 1st pick would guarantee you a HOF player.

This Post:
323188.7 in reply to 323188.5
Date: 03/07/2024 18:18:59
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I don't want more high potential players, I simply want a reorganisation of what the balls represent. I apologise if this isn't clear.

My suggestion is just about what the balls represent, I also don't want to see any change to how many high potential players there are. I agree the recent change should be enough, and even if it wasn't, its too soon to see.

Also, thanks for the spelling help

This Post:
323188.9 in reply to 323188.8
Date: 03/07/2024 18:36:40
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I do see your point and testudo's.

And your suggestion comes right at the bad time since we are now promised "one 5/5 per draft" which would be rendered false or too good with that adjustment.

Would it be difficult to change that to one player MVP and above?

This Post:
323188.11 in reply to 323188.10
Date: 03/08/2024 13:00:12
Duck Dynasty
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Dear Perpete,
Dear Gullyfoyle,

I'm going to look at it from both sides

1) benefits:
For NT: more talent available.
For teams looking at the B3 or looking to compete in their top regions (or teams in II stacking up cash to then go back to the top division) this means more talent available, more talent trained so more players, meaning you'll have to pay less.

Both interesting options. However

2) drawbacks
For NT: countries with a massive player base (Spain, France, USA, Italy, Poland) who have near full 3rd division and people in 4th leagues, they'll get a minimum of 81 AtG or HoF players. 81 of those, let's say only 25 of them get trained per season, that means that they'll have an unseen wealth to chose from. the smaller nations won't get that wealth.
For teams: Those who draft a player now basically get a free cash grab or can train them. either way they get rewarded for absolutely getting pelted an entire season (or get lucky enough to draft them). Then assuming they train them, if there are more players available they'll get less buck for their effort. Doesn't feel fair now does it.

And finally, it would make for more interesting results if you have the MVPs play at the high lvl. MVPs mean that sometimes, they'll have a weakness. good managers can figure out those weaknesses and abuse them. it allows for a competition where the highest or best train players don't automatically win since those players will come at a premium.

right now, u are forced to make choices in BB. if you got so much talent, prices go down meaning that it's great for the economically strong teams but it's horrendous for all others.

I'd rather dissect my opponent, trying to find weaknesses than knowing in advance that whoever has the biggest bank will win the competition.

you are welcome to try and convince me, but right now the disadvantages outweight the advantages imo

And this comment should give a throw back to Gullyfoyle. Remember when Dabomby won the EBBL with that 50k SF he had (German Mirko Ransler or whatever his name was). everyone was trying to figure out how on to beat him. he was ahead of his time. it is a shame he isn't playing anymore cause god it would be itneresting to see what he could have cooked up. he took risks and tried things out!

regards

Mahesvara