This Post:
Date: 03/07/2024 14:24:13
WHAIGH
III.16
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
WHAIGH II
Hello everyone!

Back in season 50, we did an ask Marin anything. A lot has changed since then. I figured now would be a good time to do this again. I will also take questions for BB-Justin as well since he has been such an integral part of the buzzerbeater team especially with creating and developing the buzzerbeater app.

When sending questions in please let me know who the question is for. You can either send me a BB mail, comment on this forum post or message me on any of the social media we currently have (instagram, facebook, twitter) and I’ll get back to you sometime later this season!

Let’s have some more fun with this, but please be respectful with your questions. Thank you!

Your friend,
BB-Will

trust the process

This Post:
323193.2 in reply to 323193.1
Date: 03/07/2024 19:04:15
Duke c.C
Liga Mexicana de Baloncesto
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Duke c.C II
Hi everyone…

My question is regarding wage/salary on players, is there any possible update for add more value to the best players +155 STH = + 200k salary on average?

I think is something now a days with no value, you keep 10-12 seasons training = 3 years on real life to get those players on maximum level and once they get to that level nobody wants to buy them, because it’s so hard to keep more than 1 of this salary’s for the most of teams, then they become a veterans and got really cheaper, its sad that u see a 110-120 STH player get bid for 1-1.5M in some cases and then a veteran of 33-35 yo with 150 STH on 300k.

And I know one of the main reasons for this is because short teams don’t work anymore,something that I think is pretty good, more realistic, you need to have more players coming from bench and of course to be able to pay this bench players you need to reduce salary of starters and also look for good bench players with small wages, so idk if you already think on this, I think as one idea just to say something is that you can add %reduce of salary if player is part of a NT, or just make a new formula for calculation.

Idk I just feel that training is not worth it anymore, is more expensive to buy a 18-19 yo player as a prospect coming from draft than a player who has 7 seasons of training just to put some example.

This Post:
323193.3 in reply to 323193.1
Date: 03/07/2024 21:34:06
ExplosiveBubbleWrap
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BubblesExploded
For Marin and Justin:

In how many seasons/years (if ever) can we expect there to be an online BuzzerBeater Gift Shop/Store?

I know myself, along with hundreds of others, would gladly purchase some BB merchandise like...

-T-shirts
-Hoodies
-Coffee Mugs/Glasses
-Notebooks/journals
-Keychains
-Basketball
-Jerseys (Customizable would be cool)
-BB basketball cards (once again customizable would be cool)
-etc.

I think it would be something that would bring in a decent amount of revenue, but I'm not sure how practical it is or if it's something that has been discussed in depth or not.

Bubbles BuzzerBeater Official YouTube Channel:(https://www.youtube.com/@BubblesBuzzerBeater)

This Post:
323193.4 in reply to 323193.1
Date: 03/07/2024 23:17:12
LionDash
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi,

I wanted to ask if there is any plan to improve the staff market section. Reason being after certain season, renewal for a cheaper staff become a must item and a terdious task. For causal player like me, I don't always focus on the bidding war as working/family took part of my time. I can train player at my own pace by drafting without any issue. However, to train a effective player, I need to get a better staff which the only way is bidding staff in the market.

Personally I feel staff market is still smaller and sometime bidding war sometime happen in midnight due to my timezone, which is hard for me to fully focus on it. Even I try to overbid the player, there still have chance someone will outbid mine. buzzerbeater game is a game I play since my young days. This game hold a special place in my life. However, even till now i still dislike staff market portion ><

*Edit*.. Thanks for the auto bid system. It does helps alot. I have another question for BB-justin. Currently how you manage your time for buzzerbeater compare to your real life compare you first came into BB. Is there or will there be a time you will rise the white flag and explore other thing? As compare to marin, he did promise us he will not leave BB in last Q&A😅

Last edited by LDS at 03/08/2024 15:05:25

This Post:
323193.5 in reply to 323193.1
Date: 03/08/2024 05:24:33
BC "EDI"
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Actually a great training facility
Hi,

My questions would be:

How can we as players help this game? There is so much to do and it looks like only Justin is working on improving the game. The game has an insanely loyal fanbase, just ask us.

Is there any way you could share a "roadmap" for future development? It has been discussed that droping updates without warning the players hurts the game when it should be an overall positive thing.

This Post:
323193.6 in reply to 323193.1
Date: 03/08/2024 11:11:38
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Why are everyone treating this as a suggestions thread QAQ

My questions would be:
1. Does the elastic effect plateau after a certain difference in skill level, or will it keep growing as the distance between both skills grow further?
2. Do players attempt to block at every shot attempt regardless of how good/bad their shot blocking skills are?
3. Would a shot over an atrocious defender have a higher chance of scoring as compared to a wide open shot?

Hopefully I'm not asking stuff which have already been officially confirmed. These are the only stuff which I can think of for now.

This Post:
323193.10 in reply to 323193.9
Date: 03/10/2024 09:33:49
Nitra Corgons
Extraliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Nitra Urpiners
I will ask Sentinels question but differently:

We have:
OPEN SHOTS (with passer mentioned in play-by-play)
CONTESTED SHOTS (with defender mentioned in pbp)
SHOTS (with no passer or defender mentioned in pbp)

So:
1) Are their accuracies calculated differently? (or the "shots" belong to any of earlier mentioned category)?
2) As we experienced (here and there) that open shots being less effective than contested (what doesnt make much sense) we assume that team ratings come into acount.. Is that true? Is the most important defending value for OPEN SHOTS the defender team rating (for ex.OD)?
3) Does Contested shot depend on team ratings as well but the most important defending value is defending player´s skills?

Thank you in advance!
zajino

1 BBB, 20 Leagues, 10 Tournaments, 3 Europe Titles (SVK), 2 World Bronzes (SVK), 2 Europe Bronzes (SVK,FRA), 42 Seasons NT coaching
This Post:
323193.11 in reply to 323193.10
Date: 03/10/2024 11:55:34
white snake
Bundesliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
1. Do we get leaderboards for steals and blocks on the league page?

2. Do we get "worldwide top 50" leaderboards for pts, reb, ast, stl and blk? Is this intended?