Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/29/2024 09:50:55
Manila Ice
III.6
Overall Posts Rated:
I like BuzzerBeater.

I love the game.

I just don't want it to slowly decline without doing nothing. I don't know if there was a thread before about discussing this particular subject. But I do believe we can still get that 40k users from ancient times and probably more. We just have to modernize.

To start, I have asked this just minutes after posting this thread. Where are we headed? Is there a roadmap where we can be excited about future developments for the game? We just want something to look forward to. With that out of the way, I just hope I won't be saying suggestions that was already planned from the start lol .

Alright! so here are a few suggestions:

* It's just my observation but I think it would really look modern if we just removed that "aspx" extension on the URL. It would look 2x better looking in the URL. It would not feel old like I'm living in 2005 looking unsecured. Sure, it would break a few bookmarks but I feel like it's going to cater more on old users rather than potential users. It's nitpicky but I just feel that we should start with that.

*Let's enhance the User Experience. Creative Minimalism. Let's create more drop-down buttons on the left and right pane. Let's make more dynamic on-hover mouse animations. I guess the vibe should feel more "balling" or as the kids call it, "bussin". I just think we should gamify the view.

*The thing is we're kinda hidden or our current design just repels people with 1 second attention span. It might not seem much but my main issue is that we just have this big black background color that you cannot change when you don't login. It just irks me a bit that it feels old, screams that the game is text-heavy (which is not because the court atleast have animations), and feels secretive; like I'm an entering a forum for a sketchy betting site.

*This is subjective but perhaps, in the main page (buzzerbeater.com) putting the social media link at the top rather than at the bottom would get people join DC more to check how active the community is.

*We just don't make fun of the game enough. Listen. As a community, we just take ourselves too seriously. We should be able to post anything that would be deemed funny, interesting, and just idiotic and unbelievable. Have you ever gone to a subreddit and sort the posts to TOP - ALL TIME and see all these memes that would make not only the game but also the community more interesting? I want that! Let's make a forum section where we could just shitpost. C'mon brother

*Our mobile app. It's interesting. Wish we could get a roadmap for it as well . But I think we should stay away from it from looking like a simple news app. I once played an esports manager app that looks really, really good visually. It has a lot of microtransaction shit so I stayed away after half a year but it followed the same concept: real life schedules with players with ratings. I stayed there for a half a year because its design felt really esports like. We should not underestimate what the mobile app can bring us. Hopefully, more players!DDDD

*Was there an option to choose font styles? I think it would be nice. Let's just save it as persistent storage. Anyway, not really important but is definitely an improvement nonetheless.

Alright, that's about it for now since there's just real life matters hahaha. I'll post more when I can think of something. But now I'll tell you what I like currently that definitely helps the game

^^ YOUTUBE CHANNEL. It's the best. I love it. Kudos to Bubbles for it and the whole dev team who has put in as the officlal/unofficial youtube channel

^^ Discord. Very good. Most of them are friendly and helpful. Wish there was a shitpost thread but everyone seems very helpful. Some drama and competitive nature is great too but I digress

^^ Our main page. My lord, I love the design and I wish we could have that same aesthetic feeling inside the game when you login or when you're viewing it (the forums

This Post:
323411.3 in reply to 323411.1
Date: 04/23/2024 08:34:33
Franca Shoemakers Revival
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
My feelings towards BB are more or less the opposite. I love the fact that BB refuses to be and to look "contemporary", I love the fact it is text-based, I love its 2000's design, I love the fact it is slow, I love the fact that silly, non-related or just plain stupid discussions are not allowed in the forums and moderators do a great job enforcing that, I hate the fact that most discussions run on Discord and not here, I dislike the main page's design which I totally think will look dated very soon (if not already). The only thing I agree is that BB is an amazing game, I've been around since season 2 and have plans to stick around as long as I'm alive (with just a few pauses in-between cause life is crazy).

This Post:
323411.4 in reply to 323411.1
Date: 04/23/2024 16:16:29
Holy City Hoopers
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Holy City Hoopers II
I think the Mobile App was the right direction, but needs further support. I can tell you that is the only reason I am back playing again after a long hiatus.

However, you can't organically find it in the apple store. Assume it is the same for android. If I wouldn't have gone to the browser and seen there was a new mobile app available, I would have never known about it. And I search for new sports manager games on my phone constantly.

However, when you type basketball games into the engine, you start getting football and other sports before ever seeing BuzzerBeater. And when you do find it, it doesn't have any pictures to give you a good preview. Just the logo and the name. There is no way anyone is going to search all the way through the store to find it AND click on it AND download it. It currently has only 6 reviews which I am sure hurts the ranking. Maybe we can do a community effort to leave a ranking with comment and have it tied to an in-game reward?

Getting the match viewer and forums into the mobile app would be another huge step. But I know these things take time. I think for now, getting some good pictures up on the search page along with driving up the rankings would be a good first step. And focus on the app portion of the game with the browser being the alternative. Not the other way around.

This Post:
323411.5 in reply to 323411.4
Date: 04/23/2024 18:03:08
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
I guess the app is still a beta, that could explain why it is not properly featured in the apple and android stores.

This Post:
323411.6 in reply to 323411.5
Date: 04/24/2024 15:32:30
Holy City Hoopers
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Holy City Hoopers II
Very good point. I think getting out of beta and appropriately featured in the stores would be a HUGE improvement. No one these days is searching for browser based manager games. So we are constantly losing users and only regaining ones that used to play in the past or find it through a search engine with very specific parameters.

According to Google Play...there have been over 1M downloads of Football Manager Mobile 2024. 500K downloads of Hattrick. Yet only 10K downloads of BuzzerBeater with a user base of less than 14K. Again according to Google, there are 3.5B soccer fans and 2.2B basketball fans worldwide. Hattrick has 200k active users, so it should stand to reason that there should be the appetite for at least 100k active users of BB for a very similar style game.

This Post:
323411.7 in reply to 323411.1
Date: 04/24/2024 16:21:45
BC Cold Hands
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
you are late by about 2-3 years at least. Declining has started, no way back

This Post:
323411.9 in reply to 323411.7
Date: 04/24/2024 17:54:58
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
No, the game is not declining anymore, actually the userbase has been growing slowly and it seems the lauching of the app plays an essential part on the trend reversal.

About the beta thing, the app is not complete yet and it would be a mistake to make it available for new users without all the features available in the desktop version. I guess we will need to wait still a bit. But we waited 10 years for the app, so no problems if we have to wait a bit more for the app to be completely ready.

This Post:
323411.10 in reply to 323411.8
Date: 04/25/2024 04:33:17
BC Cold Hands
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
if team will ever succeed at least lowest of these numbers, we are saved. Keep working guys!