Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
318441.19 in reply to 318441.15
Date: 3/23/2023 4:11:29 AM
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Since you are developer and you try to listen, I will try to be a little calmer and try to explain it better.

I don't have a motivation and even I can say that I hate to do non-sense things. To have one match less just for one week when your training plans depend on that seems a non-sense to me and as you can see I get quite nervous and even angry. The desire to find a sense is not just for the game but for everything in my life also, call it character or something. Yesterday I wanted to quit the game for the reason of this non-sense change during all-star week. Maybe if i didn't have U21 prospects in my team I would do that since I hate to do non-sense things and the feeling is I am being forced to change in training plans, in players' arrangement etc. Or maybe if I didn't have U21 prospects that I want to train maximum better, I would just ignore this week for not being angry. Last seasons I trained 4 players in two positions and that's why maybe I didn't notice this all-star week thing. But now I am trying to train 3 players with one position and I need 3 matches and I see the problem with this all-star thing. It is like quite a job to be forced to make all this rearrangements in my team just for "nothing" because after that you re-arrange again as it was before that week. Now I want my 20 old players to be 22yo and just ignore this week and wait it to finish.

For non-sleepy managers like GM-jokery and others, they can rearrange every match if they want. They have also opportunity to make non-sleepy changes in the end of the season. But in the end of the season there are more reason to have only 2 matches. Teams has to rest a little bit, new players are coming from the draft and you can implement them in your team and training plans, also you can choose a strategy to train free-throws or build a free-throws center, or training stamina or something. Also, I don't know why people that comment me see things as black and white. I try to find the balance, I never said that in the end of the season it is non-sense to have 2 matches. Even I can find of lot of reasons and just make sense. It is good to be a little bit difficult for the teams but let it just be at the end of the season and not two times which is for me too much and the all-star week is non-sense and you have to make a lot of changes too fast for too little time (just 1 week) etc. Maybe for old teams it's not a problem but for new teams is not so easy and pleasant thing as you see.

Also, all-star match is Wednesday when BBM matches are played so Tuesday is available for a match to happen. I think national cup match possibility is a motivation by itself to go to these rounds and even further. Why to need more motivation to do it? You are also gaining money if you want more reasons to not drop out of the tournament :) I really don't think that 3 matches are the big motivation here. Since Tuesday you have league matches by program, maybe it is really a good idea to have automatic scrimmage/friendly match. But if not, I will arrange friendly myself if it is needed to do it 2 times. But automatic friendly is better really because you have little time. You can use bot teams in every country to play agains teams that are missing opponents because of the National Cups.

This Post:
318441.20 in reply to 318441.15
Date: 3/23/2023 4:24:15 AM
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
For your question about what user community think - first maybe older teams are writing mostly in the forum and for them it is easy to make changes and probably they are doing it all the time. Second, if you know 16 personality types better, you will know that 75% of people are just keepers of the rules :) I mean - they will keep the rule because it is just the rule and the changes are not a "very good thing" to happen. Which is not so bad because it is prevention for building blocks of society to destroy. Or in BuzzerBeater - agains strange persons like me to destroy the game or something :) But the problem is I am INFP (intuitive and feeling type) and my leading quality is Inner Feeling, I mean ....I just listen to my gut feeling and not people who claim I am right or wrong and that keep something just because it exists somewhere as a rule. If I believe one system is not working properly and most efficiently, I am trying to make changes to become better. The idea is not to destroy but to improve and make more sense in it.

They said that other teams also wanted such a change before, so it is not only me or something. I just believe 3 matches during all-star week are better option for most of the teams and many users which are not writing in the forums and unexperienced users (like myself) will be happy with 3 matches possibility during all-star week. But I am not sure these users are reading here.

This Post:
318441.21 in reply to 318441.20
Date: 3/23/2023 4:39:58 AM
Rajdersi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Rajdersi II
Thursday: Scrimmage/Second National Tournament -great idea.

I don't know why Perpete(which sets 10lineups every week) doesnt feel your saving time argument.
Some managers uses very simillar lineups like Ogrizko and don't like all-star brake.
Some managers uses diverse starting 5, lineups, tactics, game-prep and like all-star brake.

Playing in cup during all-star weekend is very hard even in big countries(in terms of BBusers) like France, Spain, Italy, USA, Poland.

Maybe experienced managers should stay with current situation so they like it hard way(managing minutes etc).
And rest can go easy with 3 games(league, scrimmage, scrimmage) during all-star brake.

This Post:
318441.22 in reply to 318441.3
Date: 3/23/2023 12:48:41 PM
Afk Ballers
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Afk Ballers II
France is going in to round 6 this week and has 64 teams left in the cup and my county has quarter finals already. It's much easier for bigger countries to still be alive in the cup during all star week. If you want to use this argument all countries should have the same amount of teams in the national cup so it ends the same week for everyone.

Last edited by smars at 3/23/2023 12:51:00 PM

This Post:
318441.24 in reply to 318441.23
Date: 3/23/2023 1:45:50 PM
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
And I'm pretty sure that a good part of not invested managers would hate to have to deal with an additional "pointless" game.

What you mean by that? That second scrimmage/friendly match is pointless? Does anybody force you to play second friendly if you don't want to??? If I don't force you to play or not play second friendly, why you force me to not play and want to make it impossible? Make it possible and everybody will decide for himself!!!

It is not about to have training or not. I can have training even with 1 match - I can put PG, SG, SF training at 3 position slots and I will still train. The idea is that I don't want to change my team conception just for 1 week and after that I change the conception back ..it''s pointless effort!!! I play default tactics ....I put my tactics from the match on 15.03 to the match on 22.03 .....and I put the tactic from the BBM match this week to the BBM match next week... I put the tactics from this week's friendly to the next week's frienly and I am happy with that. If you arrange your team for every single game, why you care so much how many friendlies are possible?? You will not loose or gain anything. Probably the managers at your level are capable to deal with 2 or 3 matches. But for new users that use mostly default tactics it will be a lot better.

In my opinion second scrimmage/friendly will make things easier for me and many more users and you will not loose so much. You can play 2 or 3 matches you will choose for yourself. You are jealous or something or what?! I even can't understand people that are agains 2 friendly games. Maybe because you are enough experienced and make tactics for every single match and you think you will loose the big advantage? You think things should happen your way?!

Ok, this week could stay as it is .....but maybe I will not train U21 or NT players anymore because I care about training just because of the prospects in my team. If I had only 24-28 players which are not very good I will just ignore this week and maybe I will not care at all 1, 2 or 3 matches we have in all-star week. I don't know how exactly this week makes you more "non-sleepy" but at least I would be more "sleepy" because I will care less and I will just watch the result in games and that's it. I don't want to loose my nerves to change team conceptions for nothing just for 1 week in the middle of the season and to argue with big ego managers that are against 2 (possible) friendlies which would make things easier for many managers just because they have no problem with the current situation and change tactics and conceptions very easy. Maybe teams like mine shouldn't exist, right? Because I am using my default tactics and I am not so great manager as you?!

I will say it again - I am now collecting money for arena and buildings and I am training my U21 possible players - I don't care so much about matches and tactics at that moment and I am happy with my default tactics. Or maybe I should make own tactics every single game to beat the bots in my division?! It's a waste of time, effort and nerves to change my team conception just for nothing. I can train my players with one or two friendlies ...but why should I be forced to change the conception of my team?! If I train 1:1 with 2 positions maybe even I myself will not use the second friendly because 2 matches are enough for my conception. But now I train OD with 3matches per 1position and I have to change everything just to match this week and then turn it back. I can't understand really what is the big problem and misunderstanding of some old teams and why they are agains second friendly so much?!

For me it is not interesting at this moment to make tactics every single game as it is for you. You want me to be like you to be "the right kind of person" or what?!?!

This Post:
318441.25 in reply to 318441.24
Date: 3/23/2023 3:06:33 PM
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
In the past I think I've agreed with Perpete that it's a little extra prize for progressing in the cup. Also that it's not much of a disadvantage as most teams at the same level will be in the same situation.

Now I'd classify myself as neutral, whether a scrimmage is introduced or not it barely changes the game so don't think it makes sense to have a strong opinion either way.

This Post:
318441.28 in reply to 318441.27
Date: 3/23/2023 8:02:22 PM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Because it will disturb the All-Star week. Right now the last game before the ASG is Saturday and Sunday, one day after, it comes to the votes for those players who will play there or will shoot for the 3 points shot contest. Being a scrimmage Tuesday will bring the possibility that some players to injury and not be voted anymore. Of course, the votes will be not Sunday anymore, but Wednesday when already need to be played the ASG!

Injured players still play in ASG don't they? I think I have came across such a situation before.

That said, I think adding a third game would be inline with how BB is working to cut down on short rosters. Yea I mean current a 7 man roster is not considered a short roster, but in professional leagues, people only do that in the playoffs. Over here, it's done all year long. With the ASG being held midseason, it actually discourages people to have anything beyond 8 players - because anything more and you risk having a player with worse optimal game shape. To make matters worse - fatigue sets in for older players. Hence I can't just play two lineups for 48 minutes in the week to have all 10 of my regulars get good game shape. If this isn't the BBs shooting themselves in the foot, idk what it is.

This Post:
318441.29 in reply to 318441.27
Date: 3/24/2023 4:09:51 AM
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Of course it makes joy to me to use my default tactics. I am not so ambitious and winning at the moment time of person. I like to see the big picture - to develop my team as a whole and also my players. The results of matches are not the most important thing for me. Now it's interesting to collect money for building arena, to build some type of buildings and to make the team financially stable and after that maybe I will start to think more for tactics - at that moment I don't care so much and I don't want to care. It is also interesting just to train and develop my players and the possibility to go to U21 if I train them well. And I really HATE I have to change everything just for the all-star week ..it is pointless for me and I don't think even people which are complaining so much will loose something if we have 3 matches but everybody has his opinion of course. Also, for me it is interesting to terrorize in forum the Bulgarian U21/NT coaches to win something because trophy rooms are a little bit empty ..but it's maybe just some type of personal amusement :))) Anyway, I said that I don't have motivation to change my team conception for no-reason and to do things that I don't feel I want to do ...... forcing me to change conception makes me really angry. As you see, I have more motivation to try to change things in which I don't see the big purpose than to change conception in which I don't believe there is a clever reason to do it.

Also, 3 matches is just a possibility, it is not obligatory thing or something. The teams who prefer to play 2 matches only can play only 2 matches of course. You just have the possibility to choose your conception, I don't think somebody will loose so much....

EDIT: And don't forget that you already have the opportunity to change conception in the end of season and reorganize team and decide what fits you best during and after this off-season period. Second time during season is just useless.

Last edited by ogrizko at 3/24/2023 5:27:05 AM

Advertisement