This Post:
308837.16 in reply to 308837.15
Date: 03/27/2021 21:32:21
Torniquetes Jumpers
DIMAYOR BB
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Carniceros de Blaviken
Thats why a faster server is not necesary but we need more features to keep new users "busy" for a couple weeks and creating an "addiction" on them.

If you entrr to a new game and you dont have a match for 3 or 4 days, you need things to do at least, or not?

Last edited by El Innombrable at 03/27/2021 21:33:15

This Post:
308837.17 in reply to 308837.15
Date: 03/27/2021 21:49:48
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
How about making it a Virtual world just like YoVille... where you can enter doors and doors of your Properties and other Manager's properties... you can chat to your NPC- Staffs, Players select some convo within selection to increase someof thier attachement to you in a form of point which can unlock some achievements (and some fraction of supporter credts... we users can try some of the function by doing this some kinda story mode or RPG mode).... go to your Arena and watch Live game to gain popularity among the fans too... visit other Managers Offices/ infrastructure and talk to their staff about some thing (frobably their happiness/satisfaction with the management)..

This Post:
308837.20 in reply to 308837.1
Date: 03/28/2021 05:05:34
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Justin, good to hear we got people on the inside working on this with focus! Let's make this a success.

First, what is the product goal for the app? I think everyone should be clear on that so any feedback can be geared towards how to achieve that goal. If we're not clear on that, let's have a discussion about that first, or just provide it "as is".

I think a big question to get out of the way is wether you want to make Buzzerbeater accessible through an app, or you want to create an app that can be successful while representing this game? And I'm talking about the long-term goal here, not just the MVP/first release, because if you want a successful app you might need to have it be stand-alone from the browser-based game. Personally, I think just making the game accessible through an app is not going to be good enough, because you'd still run into the same problem we encounter already.

Which I believe is, how do you keep players engaged?

Reward them for it! Don't make them wait for it, people nowadays need instant gratification. I don't think it's necessarily the pace that's the problem, people just don't like to wait. There's multiple ways to achieve this, possibly even while earning money without becoming "pay to win", but just by letting people pay to eliminate wait time.

Tons of ideas how to make this work, but before everyone lays all their awesome plans on the table let's first agree on the foundation

This Post:
308837.21 in reply to 308837.4
Date: 03/28/2021 05:14:34
Overall Posts Rated:
To me a 1.5x/2x speed server seems inevitable for BB

I've tried another basketball manager simulation while BB seemed to be dying.
It has one game every day.
What happens?
Most managers set a default lineup and don't touch it for the daily game.

With 3 games per week, managers take time to prepare every game.
Add more games, and managers will stop doing that.

So my opinion is 3 games per week is perfect.

This Post:
308837.22 in reply to 308837.21
Date: 03/28/2021 07:21:18
IceStar
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
AlpenFlash Dunk Crew
I find it inappropriate that the discussion about the development of the app is linked to the speed of the server. Let's stop it!

As I said, a stable and reliable app is needed first. Features are nice, but probably not entirely necessary for the time being. But later you have to ask yourself the question: Why should I use the app and not the browser version? What does the app offer me that the browser does not?

Last edited by Mike at 03/28/2021 07:21:48

This Post:
308837.23 in reply to 308837.22
Date: 03/28/2021 07:27:17
Overall Posts Rated:
Why should I use the app and not the browser version? What does the app offer me that the browser does not?

I will still use the browser version if possible. I don't know the rest of the people.

I am very happy because the offseason went fluid, the first time since I am here (this is my second team, but Marin was already in charge when I met the game).

The app? I don't really mind. Competent people in charge, the game won't die. That is what I really care.

This Post:
308837.24 in reply to 308837.3
Date: 03/28/2021 07:27:34
IceStar
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
AlpenFlash Dunk Crew
I think this is a very good idea! This idea needs to be seriously considered and has a high potential to provide a nice feature that the browser cannot do.

This Post:
308837.25 in reply to 308837.21
Date: 03/28/2021 07:29:48
BlackStars
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I can talk for myself and my brothers who play this game, for +/- 7 years. :) . It is the only game we are still playing and enjoy , mainly because of the "slow pace" of the game, and time to properly prepare/ think tactical stuff before every game.

DoctorKill saying that now you only need like 15 minutes a week to play is kind a true , but if you put this time you never win anything, and be in low divisions for years without progressing anywhere. :) Maybe in start of playing when you not know anything you might think its nothing here to do until games. But if you want to win ,build champions team/ don't lose a lot of money of transfers, you need to put a lot of time. Scout the market, try to buy players for lower price you think they are worth, it might take weeks to buy one player , to put into bigger puzzle (which is your team). If you just come buy first player you see, lose millions after one season and go back to where you belong. :) Of course good players will know your weaknesses and expose them tactically if you don't scout your opponents. :)

I watch almost every game Live because its not everyday , its so fun seeing your strategy, players to work/ or not so fun seeing it/them flop. :).

I love that in this game you need to figure things yourself and find/test whats true and whats false, because you are never sure.

Like jesus.sanchez said "With 3 games per week, managers take time to prepare every game.
Add more games, and managers will stop doing that." and that's a fact. :)

So the real question is what audience do BB wants to target? Younger kids audience who wants everything easy/fast or "older" audience who wants real tactical basketball simulation. Btw im 25. :)

People want more games? Buy BuzzerBeater Supporter and add one more game a week (Private League). :). I think giving longer BuzzerBeater Supporter for new players is good solution.

And in the end i just want to say my biggest problem. It is 2/3 zone which don't work , how it should. If i know that my opponent will play inside, I should be able to stop them with this tactic. Now if you put this zone you play even worse defense, even if your opponent play inside offensive tactics, it makes no sense. It should have similar effect like 3/2 zone then your opponent play outside tactics. :)

It would be really fun , if before the games we could change our game plan/ lineup not only for whole game , but for first half and second half separately , it would put even more fun for tactical games. :)

Btw the BuzzerBeater game is superb. ;)

Advertisement