This Post:
308840.6 in reply to 308840.1
Date: 03/27/2021 09:09:32
The Defenders
RBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The D-fenders
As Phoneix mentioned. The manual needs to be featured heavily for beginners.
And while not official, the help thread from the help forum is very valuable and should be featured.

Let s be serious. New users will not have the desire of hardcore fans to interpret the rules like it s a piece of the constitution.

Fhe hwlp thread should contain a roadmap as to understand what a new user needs to do. I advised over 20 users and mosr of the initial time is wasted telling them not to do.

This Post:
308840.7 in reply to 308840.6
Date: 03/27/2021 09:59:40
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Play-by-play animations would be great

This Post:
308840.11 in reply to 308840.1
Date: 03/28/2021 07:49:24
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
This really depends on your product goal, are you trying to make the whole game of Buzzerbeater accessible through an app, or are you trying to make a successful app that represents Buzzerbeater? If it's the former, the MVP would need a lot of things in order to make it work with the browser version. If it's the latter, you have much more freedom if you make it stand-alone, and you can keep it much smaller (meaning much less time-to-market, less risk etc).

In my opinion I think it's best to start as small as possible to get real feedback on your app as soon as possible (instead of just wishlists and great ideas that don't fit your product goal).

As a first testable version, I'd say you'd need the be able to offer the following experience:

1. Prepare for and play a game - this is the core of the game
- Have a roster of players with skills
- Analyse your opponent in some way
- Set a lineup and tactics
- See the results

2. Develop your roster - this is what people like, see what you can include
- Improve a player
- Draft a player
- Add a player

I think all else is just extra and can be added after the first release to keep things as simple as possible.

Things I'd leave out of the MVP
- Transfer list/player market (maybe another way to acquire players, but not via bids)
- Staff purchasing through bids