Date: 03/26/2021 04:33:15
Flower of Scotland
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Academy of Scotland
In no specific order:

- training
- national teams (although the tournaments need to change)
- Utopia
- supporter
- scouting + draft
- customisable player faces (more beards would be nice)
- forums
- lineups, tactics and GDP

Nemo me impune lacessit
This Post:
308844.6 in reply to 308844.5
Date: 03/26/2021 05:00:26
white snake
Bundesliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
The training needs to remain "difficult". I've read a lot of suggestions to make it easier but in my opinion it would be awful. Having to manage training and results is the core of Buzzerbeater

+1
I have the same opinion. Training is one of the main points in BB. You have to plan, ajust and invest a lot of time. And thanks to this, you can build so many different kind of players. With easier training, BB would lose a lot of its challange and fun.

This Post:
308844.7 in reply to 308844.5
Date: 03/26/2021 05:05:20
Mağara Adamları BK
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
It’s a lot more realistic than alternatives. I’ve tried a lot of games but BB was always the best one for me for that reason. Some people want faster training and more games per week but I think those are two core elements that should not be changed.

To: Dr J
This Post:
308844.8 in reply to 308844.1
Date: 03/26/2021 05:11:06
Espoo Seals
SM-Koris
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Espoo Seal Pups
Definitely training.

I really hope that this new stamina change won't make succeeding by training your own players harder. It is already very difficult so please consider a countermeasure to balance the training accordingly. If 48+ minutes will become impossible to achieve in one game without a significant drop to their performance, it will mean that it becomes even more of a choice between training and success.

If there is no chance to succeed without training your own players, there is really no point for me to play this game - and I'm sure others feel the same way.

Few ideas about the countermeasure:

1. Lower the amount of minutes needed per game to get full training (30 to 40 minutes)

2. No minute requirement, just choosing 3/6 players to get the training

3. Lower the speed of stamina drops

4. Raise the effect of nutritionist so you don't have to pay for level 7 one to get only a miniscule positive stamina increases (or create an infrastructure to help with this issue)

5. Make the faster stamina decrease only affect in B3 matches (and maybe playoffs) or overall games where you use playoff-enthusiasm

6. Tie the stamina decrease to the enthusiasm used. TIE=no significant stamina decreases, CT=faster stamina decreases. In my mind this would be logical that the harder you try, the more your stamina drains

These are just a few ideas I have or I have seen in the forums (sorry I can't give proper credit because I couldn't find the original ones). Please feel free to add to the list so we can come up with a solution as fast as possible and avoid the destruction of training your own players as a valid strategy.

Ps. I don't want to make training easier, just don't make training and trying to succeed at the same time more difficult than it is now with this stamina change.

Last edited by atsii at 03/26/2021 05:13:16

This Post:
308844.10 in reply to 308844.9
Date: 03/26/2021 05:53:11
KK Stihija
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm a long time player, quit once and returned.

I enjoy training the most, that's why I decided to go homegrown.

I have a proposal for training, if stamina decrease will make it difficult to play one trainee for full game: Make a limit for minimum and maximum training, for example, player would need 38 minutes for full training, but will need to play 10 minutes in order to get any training. So in practice, not much changes, but you could still be competitive and train. You would still need to plan a good training schedule, but wouldn't be penalised (by new stamina) if you want to train six or three players.

People who train are the core of this game. Without them, there would be no good players for people who compete without training. Any improvement of training is welcome, but as others already said, don't make it too easy.

To: Dr J
This Post:
308844.13 in reply to 308844.1
Date: 03/26/2021 12:25:38
Overall Posts Rated:
Just as many fellows have mentioned and explained, I guess one thing that is already great is the training system. It needs foreplanning, different strategies, adjustability, etc. and everything is pretty good with the system.

Every time I play NBA 2K, I spend hours at MyGM mode. One thing I would really love BB to have is a simple minute-management system. We already know the defaults through the walkover matches: 36-10-2. The starter takes the big chunk, then the first sub and the reserve player.

If we could manage the minutes just as real-life coaches do, that would enhance several things in the game:

1) Tactical depth

Now, we have offensive tactics that most people are grouped around only a couple of them, defensive tactics that there are basically 2 schools of thoughts (M2M and 3-2 zone), and GDP that most users don't even try using against human teams unless they have to gamble to win.

Through the complexity of design, the minute-management system can increase that. Indeed, there should be some defaults (or let the coach decide) for those who don't want to spend time on that but knowing that you could save your team's energy to the last quarter definitely elevates your team's chances against better-equipped teams.

2) Training

As it was unveiled in the last season's Q&A and Season 53 news, short rosters are getting penalized now. There is another thing that gets penalized: Training youngsters.

As of right now, we don't know how effective the stamina drop/skill drop will be but if a player's skill decreases to the point that he no longer is useful in the game defensively or offensively, training youngsters is going to be non-viable for the most users. If most users give up on training for the sake of being successful, the player supply will go down and that would result in an imbalanced transfer market where the richest teams will be able to acquire the majority of players.

If playing for the whole game increases foul proneness, that will also decrease the player supply in the transfer market.

However, if we could manage the minutes (even the simplest system), that would solve the problems in regards to training. For the one-position training, we just have 144 minutes to allocate in a week and that would be easy to solve.

3) Economy

This is obviously a result of the training section but it would help the overall economy. This is my third stint on BB (and the longest) and as an economist in real-life, I noticed something that you would not see in real life: an 18-year-old 60 TSP guy with an MVP or higher potential is sold higher than a 24-year-old 120 TSP guy. In regular economies, you get the raw material, you process it and you sell it for a higher price. Why? Because processing takes time and money.

However, in BB, the raw material is more expensive than the final product. Why does it happen? Because people know that they can't find a better guy; thus, they reserve the best fruit for themselves. You usually have 3 slots to train. 1 is the best starter, 2nd is the sub and the third one is there if everything goes alright. I started training the big guys last season and my third slot got merely 5 weeks of full training. Under such conditions, would I sell my first or second slot? No way.

That's where the minute-management system would step up to save the economy. Your third option would be to make money even if you decided to keep the number 1 and 2 options for yourself.

It became more like a suggestion rather than an appreciation message but finally knowing that some BB may actually read it tempted me.

Plus, whoever/whatever was in charge of the off-season process, keep him/it, please.

Advertisement