Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/11/2022 05:22:18
Basket Cadore
IV.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi everyone..
I was thinking about the idea of ​​being able to make TRADE within your season.
Ex; inside the camponato Italia III.4, I can negotiate the exchange of players, and why not, even pik ;-)
So you could buy players all over the world but allow you to make transfers only within your own league.
It would be exciting for GMs.

maybe you have already discussed it
Greetings from Claudio Casanova

This Post:
313208.3 in reply to 313208.2
Date: 01/11/2022 16:28:34
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree.
I think trades COULD be possible, if, by some unknown force, it's decided to make the player contracts a bit more realistic. which is to say, giving them a definitive end date, instead of the current system, where a player is property of the club he signs with the rest of his life, as long as they pay him.
Where a player cannot even have the sweet release of retirement, as long as someone decides to keep paying him to be a basketball player.

Come to think of it, the BuzzerBeater world is a strange dystopian society, where basketball players have no say about anything regarding their careers.
Makes me wonder what actually happens to those fired players that don't get picked up in the transfer market, as they're never seen of or heard from again after that point, even if their basketball level is top notch...
It it a system similar to Hunger Games, where those players are actually fighting for their lives, prolonging their existence as long as they continue to play basketball for some team?

Oh my, it seems I got a little sidetracked there. What were we talking about again?

This Post:
313208.5 in reply to 313208.4
Date: 01/11/2022 19:28:59
Ilex Inferno
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
A way to make trades possible/fair would be to let the game decide the terms, based on some internal calculations.

Example - I like the look of Player X on another team, so I click 'Suggest A Trade', and the game calculates a deal (or perhaps a choice of up to 3 potential deals) that it deems to be fairly balanced. These could be multi-player deals if necessary, and might also throw in future draft picks to balance them out as seen in the NBA, which I think would be a really cool feature to have. If I don't like any of the suggestions then I just walk away, but if there's one I'd be happy to make (eg. "Player A plus my Season 57 third round pick for Player X") I click 'Send' and the other manager can then decide whether to agree the terms or not.

There'd probably need to be some limits on the use of this to avoid spamming, and perhaps the ability for managers to mark some or all of their players as 'unavailable' to prevent constant trade requests on the same player.

Thinking about it, the draft pick idea would only really work for teams in the same division, but that's okay I guess. Happy to have any other flaws pointed out to me as I'm pretty new to the game, but it seems like it deals with the fairness/cheating concerns reasonably well?

This Post:
313208.7 in reply to 313208.6
Date: 01/12/2022 06:29:37
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
better to trade Draftpick orders than players.

the idea is:
probably just like the Selling of players... The manager can offer a starting price to start a season-long bid war(ends before playoff games). separately for 1st pick, 2nd pick, and 3rd pick whatever his Draft priority will end up... the Winner will be validated by a system and will only choose the Highest bidder where his Draft priority is lower/ Ranks Higher in their Conference than the sellers'.

Cancel Button = Before the Bid war deadline(probably with the same time extension if need be) bidders can cancel their offer... In the event that a bidder canceled his offer... he would need 24 hours to be able to bid again. and the Bidding Price will go down to the last Highest bid offered before the Manager that canceled his bid enters the bidding war.

Sellers cant Cancel if there's an existing offer ... Bidders can Cancel.

If the Seller goes inactive and went Bot... with at least a Week before PO begins... BB can choose to let the Transaction push through and Protect the Botified team from being taken over by a new Manager up until Deadline or choose to automatically cancel the Transaction/offers.

Last edited by Bro_Khen at 01/12/2022 07:23:21

This Post:
313208.9 in reply to 313208.8
Date: 01/12/2022 19:54:35
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry, but your suggestions are always a bit too complicated.

I want to take that as a compliment coming from you sir... Thanks

Team A bids $10K, Team B bids $1M. Nobody else think it's wise to outbid it. Team B cancels its bid, Team A wins the auction at $10k. That could be a collusion to get cheap picks.

Team A bids $500k, Team B bids $510k. Time passes. Noone else outbid B. Team B cancels its bid. Suddenly, Team A has to pay $500k if for one reason or another he isn't there to cancel its bid.

Team A bids $10K, Team B bids $1M. Nobody else think it's wise to outbid it. Team B cancels its bid, Team A wins the auction at $10k. Team C, the seller, who was planning on getting a million gets $10k.

Thank you for pointing out the issue...

Sorry that I was not that precise on painting out what is on my mind... I could have probably have used Bidding Table instead of Bidwars... I'm very sorry.

But I can imagine that the Seller after posting his minimum bid for an exchange of Draft Positions before the Playoff Games Start... clears up a Table open for the other teams in his Conference to individually post their offer. That is very flexible for every Team Owners to change what they offer coz after every Gameday the Seller's Draft Position can change... So we need a way to be able to retract/pull out/cancel offers if need be... and the Retractor doesn't need to be banned/restricted to join again... We just need home time to let the remaining bidders adjust their offers after a Major bidder pulled out.

Adjusting a Price is different from Cancelling the offer.

within the 24 hours before the Deadline... bidders cant cancel their offers anymore... and if there is the same amount of Price offer the same time extension system for bidders can be implemented where they can only increase their offer or stop doing so.

And as far as I understand your suggestion, we are not talking anymore about trading. Just buying picks. And if you are only talking about trading draft picks, what's the point in exchanging draft picks ?

Sorry for not being clear the first time... But the idea is to offer a price for an exchange Team of Draft Positions before the PO Games start.

The Point of Exchanging Draft Picks is for the higher seed Teams to be able to acquire a Better Drafting Position if they choose to... If they want to start Training a Rookie... And If they have the means to be fully invested on the Draft for the season.

Last edited by Bro_Khen at 01/12/2022 19:56:00

This Post:
313208.11 in reply to 313208.10
Date: 01/13/2022 05:02:00
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
But what does the lower ranked team gets ?

Money ? We are not talking about trading anymore. Just selling and buying draft picks.

Yep Primarily Money Sir... IMO its a trade coz it includes the exchange of Rounds Drafting Positions for the teams involved in the transaction.

Exchange of draft picks ? So you give away the second choice of the draft in exchange of the 16th and 32th ? Not exactly great. If you invested in the draft, better to use it on the 2nd choice. If you didn't, those two picks are even more useless than they originally are.

Great idea sir would make it more realism... but what I have in mind is only per Round Draft Pick Position Trading... but this what you said could also be great if can be implemented.

My interest is Training a Homegrown players... I have also Invested all my Scouting Point Points this season and found the 2 5/5 Draftees... but Being the 3rd Rank Team... My Team only received my 3rd Preference...
https://www.buzzerbeater.com/league/2004/draftSummary.aspx

We all feel/think different... and it kinda show that we have a different level of interest in terms of the Drafting element... But If I there's a way that a Promoting team that is willing to Train Draftees can have a better Drafting position... I think it would be great. But I am not married to the idea... I just shared it... coz I believe that Draft Position Trading is way better than Conference Player Trades as to what the Original topic is about.

Imagine if I got 3 good Draft prospects... But Ranked 3rd. We can probably choose Trading our 28th Pick to 17th,18th or 19th... and will get a good change of at least getting 1 of our 3 top Prospects... and how much would the 2nd Round picks can be bought? if it is probably below 50K ill take it.