313451.32 in reply to 313451.30
Date: 02/05/2022 04:23:36
Folgado Lakers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Folgado Lakers II
That's gold!

IMO, all points are correct but I miss a parameter: the player's experience.

I believe that, as a player becomes more experienced, he should manage better his aggressiveness. It makes sense that younger players are easily fouled out, but I believe that this could be smoothed as they gain experience.

This Post:
313451.34 in reply to 313451.30
Date: 02/05/2022 04:30:25
white snake
Bundesliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
Thanks Justin, great post and this is the confirmation for my analysis from 30 seasons ago.
5. Shooting Fouls
- Increasing a player's ID and OD skills doesn't change their foul rate for shooting fouls
- Increasing a player's SB will slightly decrease their foul rate for shooting fouls

I always said, SB is the skill against the shot. ID and OD are the defenses against the players and they influence the position and fg% for the shot. But in the end, as soon as the player goes up for a shot you need SB.
shooting foul = failed shot block attempt. It is logical that high SB decreases the amount of shooting fouls.
non-shooting foul = failed steal attempt / offense foul / stop the clock foul. For the failed steal attempt (defense against the player) you need OD/ID.

Stamina keeps the performance of the defende skills up, right? So an aggressive player with bad defense skills and a low stamina is a fouling machine?

This Post:
313451.35 in reply to 313451.30
Date: 02/06/2022 13:10:24
Syndicalists' BC
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
6. Non-Shooting Fouls
- Increasing a player's OD or ID will decrease their foul rate for non-shooting fouls
- These fouls are "assigned" by comparing a player's Aggressiveness, ID, & OD with his teammates currently on the court

Are the non-shooting fouls based on the attributes for the particular defense that is being played? I.e. Does having low ID Point Guard in a 2-3 zone affect the team's foul rate and the assignment of those fouls?

This Post:
313451.39 in reply to 313451.38
Date: 02/07/2022 23:21:12
Syndicalists' BC
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
If I had a player who was going to be a scorer, there are potential strategies where it could be beneficial they are aggressive, particularly if you have depth.
Unfortunately, I got stuck with my defensive C as super aggressive, and I can't see any benefits there at all. I could have dropped training him, but it was about a year irl of training that I realized his aggression skill was really high, and at that point I didn't have the motivation to start again.

This Post:
313451.40 in reply to 313451.30
Date: 02/08/2022 07:13:57
Sant Mateu
ACBB
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Minuto 92:48

At the very least, I think players should become less aggressive in a game after they reach a certain number of fouls.

In addition to what you are commenting on, and as Darko rightly says... it could be appreciated that the more experienced the player, the more he also has the ability to control himself and make fewer fouls.

With those two improvements, the matter could be finished, and the game would be closer to reality, since for now there is no improvement in having an aggressive player.

Thanks.

Advertisement