Suggestions > New Merchandise Income[Official Thread]

New Merchandise Income[Official Thread]

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
315010.66 in reply to 315010.65
Date: 06/20/2022 20:17:33
Overall Posts Rated:
Not going to work because completely unfair. Those in lower leagues shouldn't be looking to add expensive players. This means that higher league teams basically have more merchandise for free. And encourages more NT farms with 250k player in D4/5.

Last edited by DPS at 06/20/2022 20:21:50

To: DPS
This Post:
315010.67 in reply to 315010.66
Date: 06/20/2022 20:32:06
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
1. The lower leaguers do have a choice of Promoting... Their Teams' performances will be rewarded + the recently announced improvement for Promotion Incentives will come in handy... They'd just need to invest for that.

2. There already are some good suggestions here sir how to further improve some Merchandise Bonus here... If you also have some idea how to solve the problem you foresee... you are very much welcome to drop them...

3. There is also an option of adding Incentives based on Team's Performance or Player's performance and for Training a Player long term... So that the Money Spent for improving our teams will have a direct impact to our Economy...

This Post:
315010.68 in reply to 315010.67
Date: 06/24/2022 01:15:36
Stars Team
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stars Team II
While the new trainers and new infrastructure tools create a lot of fun and interest in the game and in training,
it become the root cause of many problems
1. The salary formula is exponential and as such the super stars salaries become too much to handle
2. Almost no one want to have super starts on his team and their pricing become absurd
3. The trainees protential is exhausted too soon
4. Team roaster become too short.
5. The Competitiveness dissappered
6. Tanking become the right starategy

I believe all that can be fixed by single (maybe not trivial) fix, the curve of the exponential slope needs to be refined.
It should fix all the issues above and generate huge excitment with super starts potential to reach TSP of 170 and more !

This Post:
315010.70 in reply to 315010.69
Date: 06/24/2022 13:05:41
Xeftilaikos
A1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Back2Back
I think that the original idea of BBs when they designed this game was training should be profitable and better training should be more profitable (please tell me if I am wrong). I can explain how it is almost impossible to make money if you are training top class players.

I made a research for the greek community (I want to write a guide) about costs of each trainer level. I found out that an optimal weekly cost for lvl6 trainer is 65.000$ (buying price + total salaries / total weeks)! If you draft a 18yo HoF and you want to build a top class player you need more than 11 seasons of training. That means that you have to pay more than 10.000.000$ just for the trainer. If you use lvl2 gym and lvl1 training court you have to pay more than 2.300.000$ for weekly costs for maintenance plus 650.000$ to build them (half of the invested funds will be reimbursed when infrustructures are downgraded)! Total cost ~13.000.000$!

Lets say that you are training 3 players, just to balance the training cost, you have to sell each trainee for ~4.350.000$ (without counting the cost of buying these players).

Does anybody think that is possible to make a good profit that way? I am pretty sure the answer is "no". Does anybody think that is possible to sell 3 trainees over 5.000.000$ just to have a small profit? And please, dont talk about lvl7 trainer...

So, you (BBs) have something to do, to make training a top class player profitable (if this is your intension)! Give us more merchandise income for our most expensive player is (maybe) just a good start, but this is not enough. This will increase a little bit the value of these players but not enough to make training them really profitable.

Obviously, the main problem is that training is too expensive! IMO BB should encourage us to build as much as better players, not punnish us (economically). If BBs agree with that, it would be good to know, so we can make some suggestions. Otherwise, just tell me to shut up!

This Post:
315010.71 in reply to 315010.70
Date: 06/24/2022 13:45:54
Xeftilaikos
A1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Back2Back
Sorry, I forgot to add the cost of youth trainer! But this is just a drop in the ocean...

This Post:
315010.73 in reply to 315010.70
Date: 06/24/2022 15:36:35
KS Goldena
PLK
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
KS Golden Grizzlies
(https://www.buzzerbeater.com/manage/staffBox.aspx?StaffID=...)
3,25kk for trainer lvl7 It's completely ridiculous....while top player: TSP 157, 240k, 30yo costs 2kk

@Alonso, BB-Justin
1. Why don't decrease costs of trainers at least e.g. by putting more top trainers on market to promote and reward high quality training? It would be so great if newly comming users could afford on top trainers. Green arrows are addictive It's one of the best part of this game what could help them to feel in love BB and stick them to BB for longer, while currently the highest qulity training is reserved only for millionaires who have collected money for many seasons.
2. The best is Yanivsh's idea how to solve problem with high salaries
I believe all that can be fixed by single (maybe not trivial) fix, the curve of the exponential slope needs to be refined.
New salary formula is necessary with no doubt.
3. Merchandising profits should depends on recognizability of players (NOT HEIGHT OF SALARY!), so on theirs successes (especially on international area: B3, WC, BBM etc.) to promote winning players, not losing, bad quality players just because of theirs high salary.

Last edited by kozlik4 at 06/24/2022 15:37:20

This Post:
315010.75 in reply to 315010.72
Date: 06/25/2022 07:33:44
Xeftilaikos
A1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Back2Back
Hi,

I just want to point out that your calculations don't take into account the income you receive for having the player on your team. Hopefully if you train a player for 11 seasons they have a significant impact on your income (not just from Merchandise, and yes all players already can affect Merchandise income directly). Hopefully they have helped you make some money in the cup or get promotion money or have higher attendance income.

I'm not disagreeing with your recommendation... (I actually was the one who suggested this idea to Alonso before he even created the thread). I just wanted to point out that the "is training profitable?" question involves even more variables then you specified.

Thanks for your comments.

Ofcourse its not that simple to calculate the total cost of the training. But we all know, that it is easier to be competitive when you dont train any players (better stamina and free throws, playing 48 minutes tier players more , put players out of position etc). That means more wins = more income. Again, is not that simple but I can see that you feel me.

We can talk about this for hours, but at the end we can all (or most of us) agree that training a top class player is a dead end.

This Post:
315010.76 in reply to 315010.73
Date: 06/25/2022 07:45:11
Xeftilaikos
A1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Back2Back
1. Why don't decrease costs of trainers at least e.g. by putting more top trainers on market to promote and reward high quality training? It would be so great if newly comming users could afford on top trainers. Green arrows are addictive It's one of the best part of this game what could help them to feel in love BB and stick them to BB for longer, while currently the highest qulity training is reserved only for millionaires who have collected money for many seasons.

Actually, that was my no1 suggestion if BBs want to discuss this matter. If they increase the supply of trainers the prices will go down. IMO, training must be cheaper but not too cheap because then everybody will train, players supply will increase a lot and their value will dicrease. This is an other dead end.

I have some ideas that could help to balance the economy. If BBs are ready to discuss it, I would be happy to make my suggestions

Advertisement