Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/31/2022 16:23:11
Detroit Mercy Mavericks
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
GoFarsr Revolutions
This is a topic discussed before and probably will be many more times in the future until implemented someday.

The Draft
1. Keeping the draft and leaving it as it is but also implementing an Optional Youth team that Everyone would have the choice of using similar to Hattrick. No pay to win effect here.

The Stadium
2. No new stadiums would be needed as the youth team 15 to 17 aged players would play out of the main stadium the day after the main team plays.

The Trainer
3. No new trainers would be needed as the current Youth Trainer for players 18 to 19 would become more useful by also being the dedicated trainer for the Youth Team. The Youth Trainer would have the same effect on the main team per usual regarding the 18- to 19-year-old Draftees but would have the same effect on the Youth Team that the Normal Trainer has on the Normal Team.

The Effort to Make this addition after the Apps completion
4. By keeping so many things the same, hopefully this keeps the amount of effort to implement a youth team minimal and easy as possible to start and maintain as well. As a long-standing paying member, I've been dying to see this All- User Optional youth academy team implemented for forever. I'd even be willing to Pay more if that would help this become a reality for all users both paying and non-paying. Again, this would benefit anyone that's wanted more on BB or simply wanted the youth aspect more beyond the 18 and 19 yr old draftees.

The Competition
5. Could make the youth tourney BBM Tournaments style or something of the nature or it could be more narrowed down like the Hattrick Youth leagues style.

Many people were seriously hoping for the App and i understand that, but this could easily be the next biggest attractor that many people would join up and stick around for. Post APP completion, i hope this will be in the works amongst the next projects

This Post:
315886.2 in reply to 315886.1
Date: 08/01/2022 02:02:33
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Permission to add a wish in your list sir..

from another thread: (315010.64)
on of the Browser Managerial games I have played (goal Line Blitz 2) have a system that they can choose one of their Trainees to enter a pool of Rosters that will be divided into teams grouping of the players based on age and preferred possitions... and with a daily scheduled time those will automatically play a game against another... Play-by-play results are viewable, and some player incentives are awarded based on the player's performance... Probably if Devs can also implement this system... Daily Login with a goal of entering their Trainee into these "daily challenges" with little incentives... will both be positive for both the Managers and buzzerbeater site too from advertisements...

from thread: (315010.49)
-Localized Automated U19 League/CPU-controlled Teams U19 Localized BBM-like Tourney... with Performance-based Incentives...To have a play-by-play or be it a Box-Score only is up to the Devs...
-Use the first half of the Season to Eliminate low-performing players/ use games to eliminate weak performers/CPU owned players.
-Top Performers will be distributed equally to new teams after ASW... and battle it all out.... Player's Incentive will continue until he gets eliminated from this.
-Will encourage Training not only for U21 but also for everyone's Core. And observe Players' Aggression.

Last edited by Bro_Khen at 08/01/2022 02:04:06

This Post:
315886.3 in reply to 315886.1
Date: 08/04/2022 21:46:37
Wuhan Wastrels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
I feel like this suggestion needs a lot more traction. As someone who has played hattrick (a long time ago), the youth team is an important part of the game and adds another element of managing a team.

Let's be real, the amount of time you spend on the game is not much during the week. If I didn't get involved in forum posts or discussions I'd probably only need to log on 2 to 3 times per week to set lineups etc. I believe adding more functions while not effecting the overall game and site would be very beneficial

This Post:
315886.4 in reply to 315886.3
Date: 08/05/2022 07:16:13
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
from another forum (315270.20)

The easiest method that I think the Devs can make us train our Rookies is:
Make Scrinnage Game s Available everyweek of the entire Season (312727.1)
So that we can Use these games all Season long to get at least one of our Rookie/Weak Trainees to gain Training minutes... with this We can be fully competitive on Games that matter most...

Make the National Cup Games be just like BBM/BBB... No Effect on Training Minutes, GS, Injury... Just EXP and the Win Reward.

Looking forward to a Season where we can train our Rookies all Season long in any way.. be it through Scrimmage or a New Facility or feature ill be waiting for.

Last edited by Bro_Khen at 08/05/2022 07:18:13

This Post:
315886.5 in reply to 315886.1
Date: 08/05/2022 10:43:55
Coos Bay Cougars
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Central Town Chihuahuas
Do you think it can be roped into the draft point scouting expense in some way? I imagine like hattrick it would kind of half to be one or the other. Like if you are doing draft then no youth team, or youth team then no draft.

I imagine it would be overpowered if you could draft studs and produce a great youth team.

I think this is the system that will cause it not to be as easy a system to implement as we hope.

The doctor is in...
This Post:
315886.6 in reply to 315886.5
Date: 08/05/2022 12:27:44
Hortatus
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I am a bit fast from Hattrick, but as I remember there are big enough differences to take into consideration if you want to use it as a model.
Especially because in Hattrick's initial intentions the two possibilities had to be equivalent:
- to develop players through the youth team;
- to draw an already competent player.

First of all, here on BB we have one draft per year, for a total of 3 players per year.
At hattrick, one player is drawn every week, for a total of 16 players per season.
Definitely a very different number in terms of the number of players available.
Here at BB I don't know where the youth team players would be taken? Is it played with 3 players per year?

Another thing is about the knowledge you have of the players in the draft and in the youth team.
In the weekly Hattrick draft no one knows the player's abilities, the game simply assigns better skills based on the investment made in scouting (clearly very random).
In the youth team, if I remember correctly, not all the skills of the players are known, but only a few.
In the BuzzerBeater draft you can get to know all the skills of a player before drafting him, the real stumbling block is the investment and the position of choice (which in Hattick does not exist at all .. each draw is separate)
In the hypothetical BB youth team are we willing not to know the skills of our young people?

Training in the youth teams did not work like the training of the main teams and was on average slower than the training of the main team.
In addition, there was a weekly match that gave full ally and a match every 3 weeks that gave less training than that of the league matches.
Using this model with classic BB workouts would only train one player well or less effectively.

Now assuming that I don't think we want to make having a youth team in BB "mandatory", we should try to think about how to balance it in the current draft (which in my opinion hardly rewards the investment that is made in the scouts).
If we went too far in favor of the youth team it would be a de facto obligation to own one, not a choice. But the current draft is highly unpredictable, which makes it much more complicated.

Anche tu a caccia di "Riconoscimenti"?! Vieni in federazione: Achievements hunters (fedid=19269) (solo per supporter, se non lo sei e hai dubbi chiedi pure, spero di poter esserti di aiuto)

This Post:
315886.8 in reply to 315886.7
Date: 08/07/2022 01:32:57
Overall Posts Rated:
Hmmm... what you do have (in some), after drafting, is minor/development leagues where teams regularly put their players to, well, develop until they're ready for the big leagues.

This Post:
315886.10 in reply to 315886.9
Date: 08/07/2022 03:21:04
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, you have the NCAA and then March Madness, which is pretty much the league/tournament prior to the draft, though those not youth leagues either. They do have highschool basketball before that too but not sure/unaware of a single league for that.