This Post:
315886.4 in reply to 315886.3
Date: 08/05/2022 07:16:13
Team Payabang
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
from another forum (315270.20)

The easiest method that I think the Devs can make us train our Rookies is:
Make Scrinnage Game s Available everyweek of the entire Season (312727.1)
So that we can Use these games all Season long to get at least one of our Rookie/Weak Trainees to gain Training minutes... with this We can be fully competitive on Games that matter most...

Make the National Cup Games be just like BBM/BBB... No Effect on Training Minutes, GS, Injury... Just EXP and the Win Reward.

Looking forward to a Season where we can train our Rookies all Season long in any way.. be it through Scrimmage or a New Facility or feature ill be waiting for.

Last edited by Bro_Khen at 08/05/2022 07:18:13

This Post:
315886.5 in reply to 315886.1
Date: 08/05/2022 10:43:55
Coos Bay Cougars
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Central Town Chihuahuas
Do you think it can be roped into the draft point scouting expense in some way? I imagine like hattrick it would kind of half to be one or the other. Like if you are doing draft then no youth team, or youth team then no draft.

I imagine it would be overpowered if you could draft studs and produce a great youth team.

I think this is the system that will cause it not to be as easy a system to implement as we hope.

The doctor is in...
This Post:
315886.6 in reply to 315886.5
Date: 08/05/2022 12:27:44
Hortatus
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I am a bit fast from Hattrick, but as I remember there are big enough differences to take into consideration if you want to use it as a model.
Especially because in Hattrick's initial intentions the two possibilities had to be equivalent:
- to develop players through the youth team;
- to draw an already competent player.

First of all, here on BB we have one draft per year, for a total of 3 players per year.
At hattrick, one player is drawn every week, for a total of 16 players per season.
Definitely a very different number in terms of the number of players available.
Here at BB I don't know where the youth team players would be taken? Is it played with 3 players per year?

Another thing is about the knowledge you have of the players in the draft and in the youth team.
In the weekly Hattrick draft no one knows the player's abilities, the game simply assigns better skills based on the investment made in scouting (clearly very random).
In the youth team, if I remember correctly, not all the skills of the players are known, but only a few.
In the BuzzerBeater draft you can get to know all the skills of a player before drafting him, the real stumbling block is the investment and the position of choice (which in Hattick does not exist at all .. each draw is separate)
In the hypothetical BB youth team are we willing not to know the skills of our young people?

Training in the youth teams did not work like the training of the main teams and was on average slower than the training of the main team.
In addition, there was a weekly match that gave full ally and a match every 3 weeks that gave less training than that of the league matches.
Using this model with classic BB workouts would only train one player well or less effectively.

Now assuming that I don't think we want to make having a youth team in BB "mandatory", we should try to think about how to balance it in the current draft (which in my opinion hardly rewards the investment that is made in the scouts).
If we went too far in favor of the youth team it would be a de facto obligation to own one, not a choice. But the current draft is highly unpredictable, which makes it much more complicated.

Anche tu a caccia di "Riconoscimenti"?! Vieni in federazione: Achievements hunters (fedid=19269) (solo per supporter, se non lo sei e hai dubbi chiedi pure, spero di poter esserti di aiuto)

This Post:
315886.8 in reply to 315886.7
Date: 08/07/2022 01:32:57
Overall Posts Rated:
Hmmm... what you do have (in some), after drafting, is minor/development leagues where teams regularly put their players to, well, develop until they're ready for the big leagues.

This Post:
315886.10 in reply to 315886.9
Date: 08/07/2022 03:21:04
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, you have the NCAA and then March Madness, which is pretty much the league/tournament prior to the draft, though those not youth leagues either. They do have highschool basketball before that too but not sure/unaware of a single league for that.

This Post:
315886.12 in reply to 315886.11
Date: 08/07/2022 15:42:38
Detroit Mercy Mavericks
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
GoFarsr Revolutions
In my OG post, this youth team would be optional. Just like having a development academy youth team is optional for pro teams to have.

Real World Example:
A team in major league soccer doesn't HAVE to have a youth team since the MLS has a draft like the NBA. They can however if they Chose to like the Philadelphia Union for example. The Philadelphia Union have a youth side where they develop and compete with U17 aged players. Some of those players can be signed to the major team if they decide to bring them up. All the while the MLS Still has their draft where they select players coming out of college. Hence the ability of having both the BB draft and also a BB Youth team.

The Skill Sets:
The drafted players would be the ones whose skill set you will already know as we already do now. That would not change at all. The youth team players would be randomized with their full skill set only being fully revealed after being on your team for a full season.

Where they come from:
These 15 to 17 aged players would be randomly generated to fill out a full initial youth team if you Opt in to having a youth team. Then, Similar to hattrick but a little different, your scout would periodically have new youth players you could bring into your youth team up to a roster of a max say 12 players. Your Youth Scout would find 15 to 16 yr old players but never 17. At the end of the season, you can then sign 4 or however many of the scouted 15 and 16 yr olds to your youth team which would allow you to maintain the 12 man roster despite players aging out of it.

End-Of-Bench to All-Time-Great:
The actual potential of the youth players would be hidden, and you would just have to monitor their growth to gage it. Their Potential would be the only element of them that would remain hidden until you sign them to your major team. These are youth players, kind of hard to honestly tell if someone could be an all-time great before their even 18. They have Potential ratings from jump street, you just won't know what it is until you sign them at 18 if you bring them up.

Lastly:
Seventeen is simply the max age a player can still be while on the youth team. At 18, you either promote them, or cut them. If they are cut BUT have a minimal TSP that would actually make them a decently usable player at 18 like say 50 TSP, that cut player goes to the FA market. If they are a terrible player, they just disappear upon being cut.

The initial team of players generated for your team would consist of an even number of four 15yr, four 16yr, and four 17 yr old players for your 12 man roster.

Hopefully this additional info covers some of the questions and comments made so far. Im glad the discussion here is starting to pick up a bit.

This Post:
315886.13 in reply to 315886.11
Date: 08/14/2022 14:18:24
Spalding Storm
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Green Chemical Frogs
I see the problem here. I know some other places there they tried these U21 squads, teams and blah blah (not only Basketball managers) HUGE problem is that usually later or earlier ALL youths becomes worthless as we have too much of them and this destroys economy a little bit as now we can draft 3 players and If we get nice POT player It could be diamond income for smaller club or even good income for any other club, but If we are going to have youth teams - which means minimum 12 new youths players for a team every 1-2 seasons - TRANSFER MARKET will get in trouble. So some teams will be in very hard situation and YES others, some stronger managers and teams maybe not going to feel it in first 3-5 seasons. Just saying, I think Draft of 3 players is good enough, you can spend money and get drafted good players - If you have good team to promote, let smaller teams to get better rookies don't be selfish (btw sometimes you can get lower pick with nice pot just scout them )

This Post:
315886.14 in reply to 315886.13
Date: 08/15/2022 03:04:51
White-Sharks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
White-Sharks II
Well,
I like the youth team idea because it adds something different/extra and a new way to manage your team.
Why not just limit the total number of new rookies a team can get to 3 or 4. which means that even before the draft, or after the draft but in an extra in between phase the manager sees all the rookies, the draftees and the youth team rookies, that he can promote and has to choose 3 or 4 of them. Before having the final skills/potential etc revealed. Depending on how much info we give away it might not matter as much because the total rookie number will stay the same and we still don't know everything.

just an idea

Advertisement